Spouse visa - children from previous relationship

Old Jan 15th 2018, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Yorks.loreto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - children from previous relationship

Hi a couple of questions regarding child from previous relationship.

My foreign wife has a child from a previous relationship who is under 16.

Does this child need to apply under a separate visa or do they come on the spouse visa ?

Also on the gov.uk site it states that

You’ll also need to give details of:

any people your partner was previously married to, in a civil partnership with or had children with

She wasn't married but just wondering how much detail ? Name, date of birth perhaps but do the application need much more detail beyond that ?

i ask she is not on good terms with her ex.....

Thanks

Last edited by Yorks.loreto; Jan 15th 2018 at 8:02 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Kerry489 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa - children from previous relationship

Sorry to jump in, but did you get any advice on your situation?
I don't see any replies, or a way to 'mark' your thread so that I see when a response is received.
(I am 'researching' on behalf of my son & his soon-to-be-wife (USA). She has 2 children (no marriage) whom he will be also be sponsoring for a UK Visa after their marriage . . . hence my interest)
Old Jan 27th 2018, 4:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorks.loreto
Hi a couple of questions regarding child from previous relationship.

My foreign wife has a child from a previous relationship who is under 16.

Does this child need to apply under a separate visa or do they come on the spouse visa ?

Also on the gov.uk site it states that

You’ll also need to give details of:

any people your partner was previously married to, in a civil partnership with or had children with

She wasn't married but just wondering how much detail ? Name, date of birth perhaps but do the application need much more detail beyond that ?

i ask she is not on good terms with her ex.....

Thanks
You'll need to make a separate application for a child visa unless the child is eligible for a British/Irish/EU/EEA passport through their father.

IRC your wife will need to provide basic biographical details regarding their previous husband and probably the dates of the relationship. Start an application on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk to confirm.

The main stumbling block will get the father's permission to remove the child from Peru.

Originally Posted by Kerry489
I don't see any replies, or a way to 'mark' your thread so that I see when a response is received.
(I am 'researching' on behalf of my son & his soon-to-be-wife (USA). She has 2 children (no marriage) whom he will be also be sponsoring for a UK Visa after their marriage . . . hence my interest)
Same things applies; separate visa applications for each child and permission from the father to remove the children from the US.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry489
Can a mod please move this post to its own thread? That way the forum can ask "Kerry" specific questions regarding HER situation.

Thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Yorks.loreto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You'll need to make a separate application for a child visa unless the child is eligible for a British/Irish/EU/EEA passport through their father.

IRC your wife will need to provide basic biographical details regarding their previous husband and probably the dates of the relationship. Start an application on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk to confirm.

The main stumbling block will get the father's permission to remove the child from Peru.

Same things applies; separate visa applications for each child and permission from the father to remove the children from the US.
Ok thanks BIP for replying you are very helpful.

I presumed that a dependent child would be included on the parents visa, ................

this is just getting crazier and crazier an extra £1464 plus £600 NHS charge, oh yeah
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:00 am
Just Joined

sea6ull is an unknown quantity at this point

***URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEEEEEEEASE!!***

I am UK Citizen living in Indonesia with my unmarried partner and her two Indonesian children. We are completing settlement visa applications for a permanent move to uk. My partner's application is straightforward. BUT... with regard to the two children, we know that we have to complete additional separate applications for each of them, but when we reach the visa sub-type options this only seems to cater for where one parent already lives in UK i.e "Child or Other Dependant of Settled Person". In our case neither of us are currently settled in UK, as we both live in Indonesia, so there doesn't seem to be an appropriate option. WHAT DO WE DO??
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:39 am
Just Joined

neil1960 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sea6ull
***URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEEEEEEEASE!!***

I am UK Citizen living in Indonesia with my unmarried partner and her two Indonesian children. We are completing settlement visa applications for a permanent move to uk. My partner's application is straightforward. BUT... with regard to the two children, we know that we have to complete additional separate applications for each of them, but when we reach the visa sub-type options this only seems to cater for where one parent already lives in UK i.e "Child or Other Dependant of Settled Person". In our case neither of us are currently settled in UK, as we both live in Indonesia, so there doesn't seem to be an appropriate option. WHAT DO WE DO??
Hi
I used 'child or other dependant of settled person' for my step daughter application that I sent in with my spouse application when I was still overseas. The basis was that as soon as I set foot in the UK I was the settled person'.
Also made sure my wife had legal papers that she had sole responsibility.
Arrived 18 months ago. Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the quick reply
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Hi folks. Trying to pay IHS fees now. Even though all dependant children info on the application form is correct (ie we have two children) the IHS payment screen is telling my partner she has no dependants and there is no option to change that answer. After that, a screen warns that if we give false info our application could be declined and entry refused. Has anyone else come across this and what did you do?
Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks. Trying to pay IHS fees now. Even though all dependant children info on the application form is correct (ie we have two children) the IHS payment screen is telling my partner she has no dependants and there is no option to change that answer. After that, a screen warns that if we give false info our application could be declined and entry refused. Has anyone else come across this and what did you do?
Please do start your own thread, your questions aren't likely to be seen tacked on to the end of somebody else's.

Thx.
Old Feb 14th 2018, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sea6ull,

have you found out from the Visa4UK website that how to pay IHS for your step-children?

Cheers,
Old Mar 18th 2018, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please do start your own thread, your questions aren't likely to be seen tacked on to the end of somebody else's.

Thx.
Sorry, I tried to start a new thread but can't find it how. I never use forum before.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
Hi Sea6ull,

have you found out from the Visa4UK website that how to pay IHS for your step-children?

Cheers,

Hi Uxbridge219,
We made the payment for my partner after using VPN. It could be just coincidence or it did solve the problems, I'm not sure.
We still can't pay my step children, but we got the IHS reference number. It seems normal as they will ask us to pay about a week before the decision if it's a yes.