Spouse visa check list

Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Alinaantonova94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa check list

Hello everyone! I am going to apply for a spouse visa from Russia. Would be grateful if anyone could help me out and check the list of the documents.

General forms
Appendix 2 printed!!
Copy of online application printed!!
Biometrics info
Priority processing service receipt

Applicant's Documents
-birth certificate copy notarised plus apostille
-completed application form
-payment receipt
-cover letter
-current passport
-previous passports
-passport photo x2
-TB Test
-Biometric (finger print)

Sponsor's Documents
-completed sponsor form ( SU07/12 )
-cover letter
-passport copy (bio page)
-all old passports (an entire copy)
-p60 form

Financial Evidence (all originals, 28 days before visa application)
- a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper
-contract letter (from work)
-most recent payslips x6months (certified by a bank – stamp and a signature)
-most recent bank statements x6months (certified by a bank – stamp and a signature)

Evidence of accommodation (all originals)
- Surveyors report/letter from housing association
-Tenancy agreement
-Council tax statements x 1?
-Utility bills x 1?
-Letter from landlord

Relationship Evidence
-Marriage certificate & certified translation, notarised
-Copy of passport stamps
-Skype call logs x 5 A4 sheets
-Annotated photos x 15
-previous flight tickets
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa check list

Originally Posted by Alinaantonova94
Hello everyone! I am going to apply for a spouse visa from Russia. Would be grateful if anyone could help me out and check the list of the documents.

General forms
Appendix 2 printed!!
Copy of online application printed!!
Biometrics info
Priority processing service receipt

Applicant's Documents
-birth certificate copy notarised plus apostille
-completed application form
-payment receipt
-cover letter
-current passport
-previous passports
-passport photo x2
-TB Test
-Biometric (finger print)

Sponsor's Documents
-completed sponsor form ( SU07/12 )
-cover letter
-passport copy (bio page)
-all old passports (an entire copy)
-p60 form

Financial Evidence (all originals, 28 days before visa application)
- a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper
-contract letter (from work)
-most recent payslips x6months (certified by a bank – stamp and a signature)
-most recent bank statements x6months (certified by a bank – stamp and a signature)

Evidence of accommodation (all originals)
- Surveyors report/letter from housing association
-Tenancy agreement
-Council tax statements x 1?
-Utility bills x 1?
-Letter from landlord

Relationship Evidence
-Marriage certificate & certified translation, notarised
-Copy of passport stamps
-Skype call logs x 5 A4 sheets
-Annotated photos x 15
-previous flight tickets
Seems very complete, though I am not an expert. Maybe others will comment
However one point, you do NOT need the sponsor form SU07/12. This is ONLY for sponsoring other dependents like parents and not applicable for a spouse visa application.

Also the salary slips income should be same as deposits into the bank and presumably the income annually is equal to or greater than £18,600 ( if no non British children included in application).
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie_329
Seems very complete, though I am not an expert. Maybe others will comment
However one point, you do NOT need the sponsor form SU07/12. This is ONLY for sponsoring other dependents like parents and not applicable for a spouse visa application.

Also the salary slips income should be same as deposits into the bank and presumably the income annually is equal to or greater than £18,600 ( if no non British children included in application).

I just realised you may need an English test. ( A1) IELTS. See here.
Maybe others can comment. Unless you have a degree taught in English and Approved by NARIC.

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ielts-ukvi/score

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Alinaantonova94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your reply! And yes, I graduated from the university in the UK.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alinaantonova94
Thank you so much for your reply! And yes, I graduated from the university in the UK.
That's good! You need to supply evidence of the UK degree for the spouse visa application. See link in what you need to supply.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
Old Nov 8th 2017, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

osakamackem is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jump in on this discussion, but perhaps one of you can help me with a query the 'proof of English' component of the spouse visa application.

My Japanese wife will soon be applying for a spouse. She completed her Bachelors in the USA (some 20 years ago) and is just completing a PhD (in English) in Japan. Her PhD documentation may not be ready in time for her visa application, so we're hoping she can use her US Bachelors certificate as part of the application instead.

The guidelines from gov.uk, which is linked in an earlier post, state there:

If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
As often the case with gov.uk guidelines, I find this ambiguous. Will the certificate from the US university be sufficient confirmation? Or does the certificate also need to confirm that the degree was conducted in English?

Oh, and will the Bachelors being almost 20 years ago be a problem?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by osakamackem
Sorry to jump in on this discussion, but perhaps one of you can help me with a query the 'proof of English' component of the spouse visa application.

My Japanese wife will soon be applying for a spouse. She completed her Bachelors in the USA (some 20 years ago) and is just completing a PhD (in English) in Japan. Her PhD documentation may not be ready in time for her visa application, so we're hoping she can use her US Bachelors certificate as part of the application instead.

The guidelines from gov.uk, which is linked in an earlier post, state there:

As often the case with gov.uk guidelines, I find this ambiguous. Will the certificate from the US university be sufficient confirmation? Or does the certificate also need to confirm that the degree was conducted in English?

Oh, and will the Bachelors being almost 20 years ago be a problem?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
I think best to get the US university to confirm the degree was taught in English, as it sounds like only Canadian degrees are exempt from that requirement. Maybe the US has degrees taught in Spanish too?

Currently there are back logs and short staffing, so anything that enables the first ECO to tick all the boxes and not put your application on a pile to be looked at by someone senior or have to get back to you for further docs will lessen the delay.
Perhaps going the Naric route would also be better, even if your wife has the original degree certificate, as a belt and braces approach, though you still appear to need the university certification re the taught in English.

I know of no time bar. maybe others can comment.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

osakamackem is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your reply, Angie.

I will look further into taking the Naric route, just in case it is needed.