Spouse visa from Aus

Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Auswifey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa from Aus

Hi all,

2 questions:
1) anyone know what the current wait time for spouse visas from Sydney Australia are taking to be processed?
2) hubby is waiting for a transfer from his current office to the UK office hence the reason we haven’t applied for my spouse visa yet.
The other option is to just apply now using the financial requirement route. We’ve had the funds for over 6 months so that’s not an issue so we just need a bank statement and letter stating how much we have in the account right?
What happens if we’ve submitted the visa application already and during the waiting period we decide to buy a house in the UK and need to use the funds. Will that be an issue? Will we need to show the funds are still there after the visas been approved?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 9th 2018, 3:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa from Aus

Originally Posted by Auswifey
Hi all,

2 questions:
1) anyone know what the current wait time for spouse visas from Sydney Australia are taking to be processed?
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

2) hubby is waiting for a transfer from his current office to the UK office hence the reason we haven’t applied for my spouse visa yet.
The other option is to just apply now using the financial requirement route. We’ve had the funds for over 6 months so that’s not an issue so we just need a bank statement and letter stating how much we have in the account right?
What happens if we’ve submitted the visa application already and during the waiting period we decide to buy a house in the UK and need to use the funds. Will that be an issue? Will we need to show the funds are still there after the visas been approved?

Thanks!!
I think you mean you can just apply now using the cash savings route. Yes, that is by far the easiest way to do it. You just need six months worth of bank statements showing that you have held the money in your name, your husband's name or jointly for at least the last six months and at no time has it dipped below £62,500 (~AU$112,000).

You don't need to hold the savings in your account after your visa is granted but I would suggest it would be taking a risk to spend the money after you apply but before your visa granted just in case your application is refused for any reason and you need to reapply. You can select a travel date up to six months in advance and you have 30 days from this date during which to enter the UK so it would be better to do that.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you britinparis!!
You say we can put in a date up to 6 months in advance so just say I apply now and put a date to leave in June. My application gets approved in April (2 months for approval based on the info), can I then just decide to leave anytime between April and June? Or will my visa only be valid from the June date I say plus 30days after that.
Sorry I hope that makes sense.

Also is there just one booklet or link that helps apply for the spouse visa. There are so many appendix’s and jargon that’s so confusing!
I helped my British hubby get his Aussie spouse visa and it was so straight forward! One form and one booklet to help!

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2018, 3:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you britinparis!!
You say we can put in a date up to 6 months in advance so just say I apply now and put a date to leave in June. My application gets approved in April (2 months for approval based on the info), can I then just decide to leave anytime between April and June? Or will my visa only be valid from the June date I say plus 30days after that.
Sorry I hope that makes sense.
The latter.

Also is there just one booklet or link that helps apply for the spouse visa. There are so many appendix’s and jargon that’s so confusing!
I helped my British hubby get his Aussie spouse visa and it was so straight forward! One form and one booklet to help!

Thanks
Unfortunately not. There are however many well-versed posters on this forum who will try and help you.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The latter.

Unfortunately not. There are however many well-versed posters on this forum who will try and help you.
Fabulous, thanks again for answering my questions!!
Old Feb 10th 2018, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Spouse visa from Aus

The latter.

Hi BritInParis,

Hope you don't mind me asking for your help.
I've just completed to online application for the Settlement Visa (not submitted yet though) and read through all the info on supporting documentation and financial requirments etc.
I am going to apply via the savings route rather then waiting for hubbys work to give him a transfer.

Can you please advise if the following evidence is all I need to include with the application:

1) Print final application form
2) Provide current passport and any old passports
3) Marriage certificate- do I give them the original or just a certified copy will do?
4) Evidence of my current employment- letter of offer received
5) Payslips from the last 6 months- is this enough?
6) Bank statements to show the pay is paid into my account
7) Financial requirement evidence- 6 months of bank statements showing the 62,500 in my account
8) Declaration of the source of the above funds
9) Description from the bank of the type of account the funds are held to prove the funds can be withdrawn anytime
10) passport photo (no more than 1 month old)
11) Husbands employment letter- currently in Australia
12) Husbands UK passport- scans of each page
13) Husbands birth certificate- certified ok?
14) Some of our wedding photos
15) letter from husband confirming our marriage and he is sponsoring me
16) Current rental agreement showing we are living together
17) childrens birth certificates- certified copies
18) completed Appendix 2 form

Am i missing any other supporting docs? Do i need to prove any further that our marriage is legit? eg Photos?
We have 2 young children together and they will be coming with us...both with British passports.
I couldn't find any info on what else i need to provide!

Also, In the question how long do you intend to stay in the UK? I put in there 2.5 years/permanently. Is that ok? Or do i put in 5 years?
When will i be able to apply for UK Citizenship?

Any advice would be great! thanks

Last edited by Auswifey; Feb 10th 2018 at 5:42 am.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your British hubby should look into getting Australian citizenship before returning to the UK if he has not already done so.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HKG3
Your British hubby should look into getting Australian citizenship before returning to the UK if he has not already done so.
All good on this front, he got his Aussie citizenship last year
Old Feb 10th 2018, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis,

Hope you don't mind me asking for your help.
I've just completed to online application for the Settlement Visa (not submitted yet though) and read through all the info on supporting documentation and financial requirments etc.
I am going to apply via the savings route rather then waiting for hubbys work to give him a transfer.

Can you please advise if the following evidence is all I need to include with the application:

1) Print final application form
2) Provide current passport and any old passports
3) Marriage certificate- do I give them the original or just a certified copy will do?
4) Evidence of my current employment- letter of offer received
5) Payslips from the last 6 months- is this enough?
6) Bank statements to show the pay is paid into my account
7) Financial requirement evidence- 6 months of bank statements showing the 62,500 in my account
8) Declaration of the source of the above funds
9) Description from the bank of the type of account the funds are held to prove the funds can be withdrawn anytime
10) passport photo (no more than 1 month old)
11) Husbands employment letter- currently in Australia
12) Husbands UK passport- scans of each page
13) Husbands birth certificate- certified ok?
14) Some of our wedding photos
15) letter from husband confirming our marriage and he is sponsoring me
16) Current rental agreement showing we are living together
17) childrens birth certificates- certified copies
18) completed Appendix 2 form

Am i missing any other supporting docs? Do i need to prove any further that our marriage is legit? eg Photos?
We have 2 young children together and they will be coming with us...both with British passports.
I couldn't find any info on what else i need to provide!

Also, In the question how long do you intend to stay in the UK? I put in there 2.5 years/permanently. Is that ok? Or do i put in 5 years?
When will i be able to apply for UK Citizenship?

Any advice would be great! thanks
ifyou are applying under the savings route you do not need the employment paperwork

you also need to show proof of accommodation arranged in the UK, either short term serviced rental acccommodation with a view to organising long term after you arrive, OR staying with family and friends ( invite letter, deeds of property if owned, copy of passport/ID of friend/family) etc.

you should put indefinitely... not 2.5 years.

other posters may add things I may have missed.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point

Auswifey have a look at this link, it helped me massively.

https://migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa-uk-2018/#comment-128
Old Feb 14th 2018, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chezdon
Auswifey have a look at this link, it helped me massively.

https://migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa-uk-2018/#comment-128
This is fabulous, thank you so much for sharing!!
Old Feb 14th 2018, 1:50 pm
Yuu
Just Joined

Yuu is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't need to hold the savings in your account after your visa is granted but I would suggest it would be taking a risk to spend the money after you apply but before your visa granted just in case your application is refused for any reason and you need to reapply. You can select a travel date up to six months in advance and you have 30 days from this date during which to enter the UK so it would be better to do that.
Hello! sorry to jump in but just found the inormation I have been looking for, hence thought it may be better to ask here. I am a Japanese national planning to move to UK early July this year with British husband with savings route. BritInParis said "You can select a travel date up to six months in advance", is this a common rule for all applicants (so I can apply for now)?
It does not seem to be stated in the government website, they only state for visitor visas...

I have another question about support document's issue date. I have obtained a family registry and certified translation issued about 5 months ago, last September (which were used for our daughter's passport application). Are they still acceptable as part of the support documents? It proves we have lived together within the same household and I wanted to use them if possible, but could not find their rule about it as well.
Thank you very much for your help in advance

Yuu
Old Feb 14th 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Yuu
Hello! sorry to jump in but just found the inormation I have been looking for, hence thought it may be better to ask here. I am a Japanese national planning to move to UK early July this year with British husband with savings route. BritInParis said "You can select a travel date up to six months in advance", is this a common rule for all applicants (so I can apply for now)?
It does not seem to be stated in the government website, they only state for visitor visas...
Yes.

I have another question about support document's issue date. I have obtained a family registry and certified translation issued about 5 months ago, last September (which were used for our daughter's passport application). Are they still acceptable as part of the support documents? It proves we have lived together within the same household and I wanted to use them if possible, but could not find their rule about it as well.
Thank you very much for your help in advance

Yuu
Your marriage certificate will be the primary piece of evidence of your relationship, but yes, that's fine.
Old Feb 14th 2018, 2:53 pm
Yuu
Just Joined

Yuu is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes.

Your marriage certificate will be the primary piece of evidence of your relationship, but yes, that's fine.
Thank you so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it!
I have a marriage certificate issued in the UK so it should be fine then
Old Feb 14th 2018, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yuu
I am a Japanese national planning to move to UK early July this year with British husband with savings route.
On an unrelated matter - you can exchange your Japanese driving licence to an UK one without test. You will need to have your Japanese driving licence officially translated to English by the Japanese embassy in London.

Certified Translation of Japanese Driving Licence : Embassy of Japan in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.