Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Old Feb 24th 2017, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Approved - my list and timeline

Originally Posted by Marty90
We used an agency but I would not recommend it. If you are genuinely not confident in putting the application together, then first seek advice from this forum and see if that helps. If your situation is complex, then probably best to speak to a UK-based immigration advisor.

We paid about £600 for the agency. They helped organise the TB test, English test etc and did all the photocopying. But that was about it. Their requirements list was too general and it got to the point where I was pointing out their mistakes! Not good.

Have a go yourself first. Draw up a list of what you think you need to submit and then get advice on here. It will save you a lot of money and there are many people on here who have been through the process.

Hope this helps.

Thank You, Well good idea, as long as you have all the required documents and all is genuine then nothing to worry, anyway i want to ask about your payslips? and bank statements? aside from the boss signature on the heading of each payslips, is it require another letter from the employer stating my husbands employment gross and annual salary,length and type of employment? And for the Bank statements, online print out is acceptable? or banks stamps is needed? Sorry, for asking this, I am a Filipina so i think we have the same paperworks. Thank you in advance.

cheers,

maria
Old Feb 24th 2017, 2:32 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MariaJon
Thank You, Well good idea, as long as you have all the required documents and all is genuine then nothing to worry, anyway i want to ask about your payslips? and bank statements? aside from the boss signature on the heading of each payslips, is it require another letter from the employer stating my husbands employment gross and annual salary,length and type of employment? And for the Bank statements, online print out is acceptable? or banks stamps is needed? Sorry, for asking this, I am a Filipina so i think we have the same paperworks. Thank you in advance.

cheers,

maria
Bank statements must be originals (I.e. The ones that you get sent in the mail). You can order replacement statements from your bank I believe, at a cost.

In terms of pay slips, the best thing to do is print them all off and get your boss or someone with an important-sounding job title to sign them. Along with these signed pay slips, provide a letter on company-headed paper that confirms that the pay slips are genuine and authentic. The person who signed the payslips should also sign this letter. Provide the dates of the pay slips in this letter.

Separately, provide a letter from your boss that confirms the following:

* position/job title
* salary
* how long has the sponsor been earning the salary above
* nature of employment (full, part time or contract)
* how long sponsor has worked at the company

ECO will only take into account gross salary so no need to state how much he earns after tax. This will be shown in the pay slips anyway.

Provide a latest P60 which should also be signed if an electronic printout.

Include a signed employment contract if possible too.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 25th 2017, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

yes copy. and better for him to ask bank statements in the bank, but you can print online with bank colored headings, im confused.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 12:24 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

yes copy. and better for him to ask bank statements in the bank, but you can print online with bank colored headings, im confused.
Bank statements can't be printed out at home and submitted as evidence. Either use the bank statements that you received in the mail or call the bank and ask them to send you a replacement bank statement. They are the two safest options.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

My wife's passport returned yesterday with her Spouse Visa inside and we are over the moon! I first of all want to thank everyone on this forum for the help that they have given me. It has been invaluable.

The least I can do is share my requirements list and timeline on here that for me were the winning formula. I will advise however that everyone's situation is unique and your own list may vary a little or a lot depending on what is going on in your life.

Fees

Visa Cost - £1,350 (incl. overseas bank charges)
IHS/NHS charge - £635 (incl. overseas bank charges)

Also, if applying from Cebu (Philippines), there is an extra £50 fee just for a laugh.

Total cost - around £2,000. A lot more if you factor in the costs for the English Language test, TB test and the travel between these places.

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Application form, Appendix 2, Biometrics and Fees
  • Applicant passport-sized photos
  • Applicant Passport
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Sponsor Passport
  • Sponsor Birth Certificate
  • Applicant NBI Clearance (local police clearance)
  • Sponsorship undertaking form
Relationship
  • Cover letters from applicant and sponsor (covering relationship history, intention to live together and future plans)
  • Marriage Certificate (issued in Hong Kong)
  • CENOMAR - because our marriage was not registered in Philippines
  • Our son's birth certificate
  • Our son's UK AND Philippines Passport full copies
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Flight eTickets, boarding passes and hotel bookings
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
  • Emails, love letters and cards
  • Money transfer receipts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Last 7 pay slips (electronic printouts - signed by boss)
  • P60 for both 2015 and 2016 (just to be extra sure)
  • Employment Contract
  • Letter from employer stating length of employment, nature of employment and salary. Also include - how long has the sponsor been earning the salary relied upon in the application.
Accommodation
  • Tenancy agreement (AST) - signed, original copy with date
  • Council tax bill
  • Letter from landlord stating that the applicant (and my son) can stay in my apartment with me and that it is suitable, has enough rooms and is for my exclusive use.
  • An internet/utility bill (Vodafone) with my address on it
Extras (but very much required!)

• Tuberculosis Test Results
  • English Language Test Certificate

Timeline

Application made online - 21st December 2016
Documents submitted - 27th December 2016
Email from UKVI stating that decision has been made - 13th February 2017
Most nervous night of my life - 13th February 2017
Visa and passport collected - 14th February 2017

Total actual days from document submission to visa collection: 49 days

Hope this helps
Yay, Finally! well done! Are you guys back in the UK now?
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:36 am
Work the problem

Originally Posted by ruri
Yay, Finally! well done! Are you guys back in the UK now?
Thanks. 🙂

Yes my wife and son arrived at Heathrow last week.

Just going through the normal motions now of registering with GPs, setting up bank accounts etc. I thought the paper work was all over but I was very wrong!
Old Feb 28th 2017, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. 🙂

Yes my wife and son arrived at Heathrow last week.

Just going through the normal motions now of registering with GPs, setting up bank accounts etc. I thought the paper work was all over but I was very wrong!
God I know, I had to go through all that soon after arriving in the UK. To make things worst, my daughter got sick after the long flight back...really wasn't an easy move for us but at least we got through the visa process without any problem in the end.

It took me a couple of months to finally get my personal bank account and also joint account with my husband. My first appointment was a month later after the inquiry because the bank was always fully booked (and because I prefer only Saturday which my husband can also come along with me and our daughter). The required proof of address was also another thing... lots of headaches LOL
Old Mar 11th 2017, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Naz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Appreciate your thorough posting to help fellow members.

Hope you can help answer my question:

I have lost my job with current employer but have completed 12 months with them, will it suffice to still apply under the salaried financial route?

Many thanks

Naz
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Bank statements can't be printed out at home and submitted as evidence. Either use the bank statements that you received in the mail or call the bank and ask them to send you a replacement bank statement. They are the two safest options.

Iwill tell him about the bank statements. where you are going to pay for NHS Charge? HI to wifey..iwill have my english exam on april 21 Oh God lot things todo..

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2017, 8:38 am
Work the problem

Originally Posted by Naz30
Appreciate your thorough posting to help fellow members.

Hope you can help answer my question:

I have lost my job with current employer but have completed 12 months with them, will it suffice to still apply under the salaried financial route?

Many thanks

Naz
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Maybe someone can help with this. But it is my understanding that the latest financial documents (bank statements and pay slips) can't be older than 28 days old.

If you have pay slips and bank statements from like a week ago and you lost your job very recently then you could chance it and apply immediately. But I wouldn't personally recommend this because of the off chance that the ECO may contact your employer for information.

The safest thing to do would be to get another job earning over 18,600. If you're struggling to do this, there is always the surinder Singh route which I believe is covered extensively on this forum.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 8:43 am
Work the problem

Iwill tell him about the bank statements. where you are going to pay for NHS Charge? HI to wifey..iwill have my english exam on april 21 Oh God lot things todo..

Thanks
For applications made in the Philippines, the NHS surcharge is paid online at the same time you apply for the visa.

It actually has its own payment section that is separate from the visa payment. I was able to use PayPal to pay for the NHS surcharge and then just standard debit card for the visa fee.

Don't worry about the English test. People complain that they changed it in 2015 but it's actually been made easier. My wife did both the old one and the new one. The new one is only speaking and listening as reading and writing have been removed.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Naz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Maybe someone can help with this. But it is my understanding that the latest financial documents (bank statements and pay slips) can't be older than 28 days old.

If you have pay slips and bank statements from like a week ago and you lost your job very recently then you could chance it and apply immediately. But I wouldn't personally recommend this because of the off chance that the ECO may contact your employer for information.

The safest thing to do would be to get another job earning over 18,600. If you're struggling to do this, there is always the surinder Singh route which I believe is covered extensively on this forum.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can the financial requirement be met through carer's allowance?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 5:35 am
Just Joined

filipina0123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

My wife's passport returned yesterday with her Spouse Visa inside and we are over the moon! I first of all want to thank everyone on this forum for the help that they have given me. It has been invaluable.

The least I can do is share my requirements list and timeline on here that for me were the winning formula. I will advise however that everyone's situation is unique and your own list may vary a little or a lot depending on what is going on in your life.

Fees

Visa Cost - £1,350 (incl. overseas bank charges)
IHS/NHS charge - £635 (incl. overseas bank charges)

Also, if applying from Cebu (Philippines), there is an extra £50 fee just for a laugh.

Total cost - around £2,000. A lot more if you factor in the costs for the English Language test, TB test and the travel between these places.

Submitted Requirements:

General
  • Application form, Appendix 2, Biometrics and Fees
  • Applicant passport-sized photos
  • Applicant Passport
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Sponsor Passport
  • Sponsor Birth Certificate
  • Applicant NBI Clearance (local police clearance)
  • Sponsorship undertaking form
Relationship
  • Cover letters from applicant and sponsor (covering relationship history, intention to live together and future plans)
  • Marriage Certificate (issued in Hong Kong)
  • CENOMAR - because our marriage was not registered in Philippines
  • Our son's birth certificate
  • Our son's UK AND Philippines Passport full copies
  • 10-20 Photographs
  • Flight eTickets, boarding passes and hotel bookings
  • Facebook printouts
  • Skype printouts
  • Emails, love letters and cards
  • Money transfer receipts
Financial
  • Last 7 bank statements
  • Last 7 pay slips (electronic printouts - signed by boss)
  • P60 for both 2015 and 2016 (just to be extra sure)
  • Employment Contract
  • Letter from employer stating length of employment, nature of employment and salary. Also include - how long has the sponsor been earning the salary relied upon in the application.
Accommodation
  • Tenancy agreement (AST) - signed, original copy with date
  • Council tax bill
  • Letter from landlord stating that the applicant (and my son) can stay in my apartment with me and that it is suitable, has enough rooms and is for my exclusive use.
  • An internet/utility bill (Vodafone) with my address on it
Extras (but very much required!)

• Tuberculosis Test Results
  • English Language Test Certificate

Timeline

Application made online - 21st December 2016
Documents submitted - 27th December 2016
Email from UKVI stating that decision has been made - 13th February 2017
Most nervous night of my life - 13th February 2017
Visa and passport collected - 14th February 2017

Total actual days from document submission to visa collection: 49 days

Hope this helps
Hello Marty 90! Thank you for your very helpful post, you are so generous for sharing this.
I hope you dont mind but I am starting to gather all the documents as I am planning to submit by mid April all the requirements. I wanted to know if you have submitted all the originals as well and a set of copies of all the documents? If so, I am just wondering how are they going to return the original do I need to include a return envelope? I am just worried as it's hard to obtain all the originals.
Thank you.
Old Mar 12th 2017, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

For applications made in the Philippines, the NHS surcharge is paid online at the same time you apply for the visa.

It actually has its own payment section that is separate from the visa payment. I was able to use PayPal to pay for the NHS surcharge and then just standard debit card for the visa fee.

Don't worry about the English test. People complain that they changed it in 2015 but it's actually been made easier. My wife did both the old one and the new one. The new one is only speaking and listening as reading and writing have been removed.
Hey Marty so you mean, you can pay for the visa and NSH charge online tru your bank eventhoug the application is in the Philippines?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:26 am
Work the problem

Hey Marty so you mean, you can pay for the visa and NSH charge online tru your bank eventhoug the application is in the Philippines?
Yeah my wife used my card in the Philippines. I gave her my card details. The transaction was declined at first but I called the bank and explained the situation and we tried again 10 mins later and it worked.

IHS I paid using PayPal which went through fine first time because they sent an authorisation code which I passed on to my wife.

We had a bit of an issue paying for it using my wife's Metrobank account at first. They kept declining the transaction for unknown reasons. So we tried the payment the next day using my account.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.