British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Spouse Visa Applications from China (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spouse-visa-applications-china-904229/)

MonsterP Oct 6th 2017 4:22 pm

Spouse Visa Applications from China

Hello All,

We're currently on the 78th processing day since my Wife and I submitted our documents and biometrics on 20th June from Shanghai.

- She received the standard "busiest period, etc....31st October, etc" email on 26th September from Sheffield.

- She's then received the "not straight forward" email yesterday, 5th October, but this time from BEIJING, as follows:-

QUOTE...
Dear Applicant,
Your UK visa application has been received and is under consideration.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to resolve your application within our customer service targets. Please be assured that we aim to make a decision as soon as possible. We will notify you via e-mail if an interview is required.
Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC. This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Yours sincerely
Beijing Visa Section
...UNQUOTE

1) Some have said that the "not straightforward" email is nothing serious, but perhaps a cover for missing the 60 day target. Any thoughts? The application was really very straightforward frankly, scanned documents, savings route, married eight years, and we have a son too. I can't really think of anything which they might puzzle over.

2) Is there any action we should be prepared for, following receipt of this email based upon your previous experience?

There don't appear to be many applicants from China using BE, except for fellow member "ryongsong", so I'd be interested to hear from any others.

I think we're nearing the end of the long journey, hopefully positively.
All thoughts and comments welcome. Thank you everyone, especially our daily regulars.

Regards, MP :cool:

ryongsong Oct 6th 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Spouse Visa Applications from China

I'm pretty sure the 'not straightforward' excuse is used for all cases when they go beyond 60 days. If they don't say 'not straightforward' then they would have to offer another reason for why it wasn't done in 60 days.

MonsterP Oct 7th 2017 11:27 am

Fair point. I imagine they are really snowed under. If I was closer to Sheffield, I'd help them out! :-)

j4v3d Oct 7th 2017 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by MonsterP (Post 12355726)
Fair point. I imagine they are really snowed under. If I was closer to Sheffield, I'd help them out! :-)

Maybe you could let them know that, i'm sure they'd appreciate the help, you could process your own application then :lol:

MonsterP Oct 7th 2017 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by j4v3d (Post 12356023)
Maybe you could let them know that, i'm sure they'd appreciate the help, you could process your own application then :lol:

Haha, I always like your remarks, always in good humour :thumbsup:

j4v3d Oct 7th 2017 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by MonsterP (Post 12356056)
Haha, I always like your remarks, always in good humour :thumbsup:

Some days it's difficult to even crack a smile or laughter but you've got to soldier on, want to create a good atmosphere on here to ease the stress applicants/families are going through.

22 business days for me. 30 days since the biometrics appointment. Non-priority Pakistan application. So much more waiting to go.

ryongsong Oct 8th 2017 8:48 am

Here's a post that backs up the idea that being labelled non-straightforward is actually the normal experience at the moment:

Long Visa Delays at UKVI's Sheffield Decision-Making Centre — McGill & Co

j4v3d Oct 8th 2017 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ryongsong (Post 12356290)
Here's a post that backs up the idea that being labelled non-straightforward is actually the normal experience at the moment:

Long Visa Delays at UKVI's Sheffield Decision-Making Centre — McGill & Co

So basically nothing new we already know about.

MonsterP Oct 8th 2017 2:36 pm

Good link to read.

It appears my Wife's application might be back in the BJ office for processing, so somehow, I feel a bit of relief from that! :-)

Let's hope we see the same good progress as BKK has.