Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse visa application - Passport returned no visa neither rejection information

Spouse visa application - Passport returned no visa neither rejection information

Old Feb 15th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

shannster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa application - Passport returned no visa neither rejection information

I am a UK citizen ( once divorced/naturalised 2013). In 2017 I married my russian girlfriend in Moscow - we have been in relationship last 3 years with plenty travel evidence, she has had two UK visitors visa for visiting me - i had about 10.. I have job earning 4 times the financial requirements.

My spouse applied in Moscow and me being the sponsor.

We had submitted our application in November 2015 and now yesterday received the email saying decision made and collect the passport!

When my wife went to collect the passport - there was no Visa, neither no rejection letter!
Is this normal procedure?
We call the TLS contact centre ( they said escalations require atleast 15 days)!!

Has anyone experienced this before?
Any advices?

Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2018, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Spouse visa application - Passport returned no visa neither rejection informatio

Apologies - i did mean November 2017
Old Feb 16th 2018, 10:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa application - Passport returned no visa neither rejection informatio

That doesn't seem to be correct. Did your wife query it at the time she collected her passport?
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:56 am
Just Joined

I agree, we were alarmed as well and she raised this query right there and there!!
The advice she received from TLS centre rep was to check her Email or even Spam email!!
So we are sitting now with having paid the whole fee and surcharge, with her passport back and not knowing the " result"!!

We have escalated via the paid line again and they said they will escalate and we will hear back in 15 days!! ( which is confusing, if we have a right to appeal in case of rejection, its only 28 days limit)

Does anyone have any experience in this?
Or recommend a good litigator to send a strong worded letter to Home Office? Because the visa stress aside, even as a consumer I am indignant..

Thanks

Shann