Spouse Visa - Accommodation - Check list

Old Jan 28th 2018, 4:02 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice
Default Spouse Visa - Accommodation - Check list

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm closing in on completing this section, could you kindly check what i have and am working on - some questions related to details on some of them, we ill be staying with sponsors parents (my parents). Anything else which you think i could get to add?

- I have 7 years of council tax statements in my parents names
question--original or copy / notarized copy needed?

- Typed letter from my dad ready to go, will update date and have him sign right before we submit. Letter states we can stay indefinitely and will have full use of one half of the house, its a 5 bedroom 3 bath.
question--any wording recommendations from similar letters?

- Utility bills - i have many years of water, gas, electricity stretching back to the 80's (My mum is very organized!).
question--how many different utility bills needed? and how far back to
provide the bills? Originals or copies needed?

- Property inspection report - i intend on getting this.
question--any recommendation for legitimate company to do this who
are recognized by the government? (They live in Cumbria)

- Land registry - they own the home and have this document
question--original, copy, or notarized copy needed, Dad not keen to
send original, its his only one

Thank You
Richard
Old Jan 28th 2018, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Accommodation - Check list

In our case (I was the sponsor) we submitted originals of the most recent council tax, electricity and telephone bills. The property was in my mother's name and we submitted copies of the title deeds, certified by my mother's lawyers. We didn't have an inspection report.

Here is the text of the letter that my mother wrote, original signed letter submitted:

"...For the attention of the Entry Clearance Officer

The Visa Section of the British Embassy Beijing
21st Floor North Tower, Kerry Centre
No.1 Guanghua Road
Chaoyang District
Beijing 100020
P.R. China

Dear Sir

Applicant: Mrs ****** (date of birth 29/09/19**)
Sponsor: Mr ******* (date of birth 23/03/19**)

I, Mrs ********* (née ****), mother-in-law of the applicant (Mrs ******) and mother of her sponsor (Mr ******), am writing to confirm that I give Mrs ***** and her husband Mr ***** permission to live at my property at the above address rent free for as long as they wish, with immediate effect.

The property at ******** is a detached bungalow of which I am the sole owner. The property comprises a sitting room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom/toilet and two bedrooms on the ground floor, with a third bedroom which was built as an attic conversion and which therefore does not appear in the original property deeds.

There are no mortgages or other loans secured on the property.

Currently, I live alone at the property and I confirm that there is ample room for my son and daughter-in-law to live here with me.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs ********* (née ***)
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry too much about the council tax and utility bills. Maybe just the latest ones to show your parents are occupying the property. The most important items will be the title deeds showing your parents as the owners and a signed-in-ink letter from both your parents (presuming both names are on the title deed) giving you permission to live there accompanied by colour photocopies of their passports as proof of identity and signature. An inspection report showing that there is sufficient room for you and your spouse to live there is a good idea. I would send the original inspection report and have the title deed and passport copies certified by a solicitor as true copies of the originals. DernierVirage has given you an excellent example of words to use for the letter.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Just to follow up on BritInParis' post, we also submitted a colour photocopy of my mother's passport, but we didn't have it certified.

Regarding the property inspection, we didn't have one done as I recall being advised that it was not needed in the circumstances. Trouble is, there were so many points where I had to check up and get advice, I can't remember from where this advice came!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The most important items will be the title deeds showing your parents as the owners and a signed-in-ink letter from both your parents (presuming both names are on the title deed) giving you permission to live there accompanied by colour photocopies of their passports as proof of identity and signature.
Well this has got me worried, I made the application earlier this month and was going to include a copy of the property owners passport with the application, I was told by SanDiegogirl that this was not necessary so didn't include it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz.../#post12401187

Last edited by Invisible; Jan 29th 2018 at 7:51 pm. Reason: Speling
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Invisible
Well this has got me worried, I made the application earlier this month and was going to include a copy of the property owners passport with the application, I was told by SanDiegogirl that this was not necessary so didn't include it.

Personally I would be including it although strictly speaking it's not stated as a requirement. See 7.2 of Annex F for the official guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._8_Annex_F.pdf
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

There is no official requirement to provide owners/landlord's passport information with the application:

Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and
permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there

You are staying at your brother in law's home and have provided

Letter from property owner
Land registry title deeds
Council Tax bill

This is sufficient. You COULD have included passport details but there is no requirement to do so. I would not worry.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, though the following statement alarms me if BritInParis is stating that colour photocopies of the property owners passport/s are amongst 'the most important items' to include.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The most important items will be the title deeds showing your parents as the owners and a signed-in-ink letter from both your parents (presuming both names are on the title deed) giving you permission to live there accompanied by colour photocopies of their passports as proof of identity and signature.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, though the following statement alarms me if BritInParis is stating that colour photocopies of the property owners passport/s are amongst 'the most important items' to include.
I really don't think you need to be alarmed.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:07 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

Thanks all for the responses i will certainly use the letter as a template much appreciated.

Any contacts on a property inspector? I'm searching myself, will pass on if i find one

Cheers