Spouse visa

Old Jan 10th 2013, 4:52 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

Originally Posted by ldollard
To be clear you need to have a job offer in the UK earning more than 18600 pounds or 64k in savings (or is it more)

Its not at easy as just getting a visa and moving. Please refer to what sandiagogirl gave you.
I hope that's bollocks, i have £10k in savings and thats enough for me my wife and my child to start off (Im sensible) i don't need the UK govt to tell me i need 64K to run my life 0.o

i won't have that much in savings nor a job when i return to UK, so is it pointless to apply a spouse visa then ? really???
Old Jan 10th 2013, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
I hope that's bollocks, i have £10k in savings and thats enough for me my wife and my child to start off (Im sensible) i don't need the UK govt to tell me i need 64K to run my life 0.o

i won't have that much in savings nor a job when i return to UK, so is it pointless to apply a spouse visa then ? really???
You need to read the following document which sets out the financial requirements for UK citizens to sponsor their spouses for a spouse visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:01 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You need to read the following document which sets out the financial requirements for UK citizens to sponsor their spouses for a spouse visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Reading now thx for the link but i have another question which you might know or have some insight on ?

I, know my wife CANNOT claim JSA/HB/CB but i can yes? im a british citizen i can easily support her on my funds and help from my family, but getting a job straight away in UK is damn near impossible so i would need a apartment/house which is for rent so therefor i would need housing benefit and so on ? this doesn't effect her visa because it's me claiming not her? so far there is no law against this or rule.

right ?
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Reading now thx for the link but i have another question which you might know or have some insight on ?

I, know my wife CANNOT claim JSA/HB/CB but i can yes? im a british citizen i can easily support her on my funds and help from my family, but getting a job straight away in UK is damn near impossible so i would need a apartment/house which is for rent so therefor i would need housing benefit and so on ? this doesn't effect her visa because it's me claiming not her? so far there is no law against this or rule.

right ?
As a British citizen YOU will be eligible to apply for these benefits; however if you are going to be applying for these benefits can you meet the financial requirements to sponsor her visa?
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:09 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
As a British citizen YOU will be eligible to apply for these benefits; however if you are going to be applying for these benefits can you meet the financial requirements to sponsor her visa?
Well i don't have £64K ....haha.... i have around £8k from me £2K from wife and we're still saving our goal is 16K but still if they want me to have a job in UK ALREADY !? or have £64k IN SAVINGS.... then they've got another thing coming...... like hell do i have that so im saying it's 50/50 pointless to apply if they demand £64k in savings and of course they'll know i won't have a job in UK....

If only i can do the same thing i do in china in uk bah !
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:59 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Well i don't have £64K ....haha.... i have around £8k from me £2K from wife and we're still saving our goal is 16K but still if they want me to have a job in UK ALREADY !? or have £64k IN SAVINGS.... then they've got another thing coming...... like hell do i have that so im saying it's 50/50 pointless to apply if they demand £64k in savings and of course they'll know i won't have a job in UK....

If only i can do the same thing i do in china in uk bah !
As pompous as this sounds, theres no gray area regarding UK immigration, you either need to have a job offer paying 18600 or have 64k right now to apply for a spouse visa before you go.

Or.

You go to the UK ALONE go get a job paying 18600, wait six months whilst working in that job, apply for a spouse visa, which will take from 1-3 months. Then your wife can come.

There's no 50/50 or maybes or we'll see, that's just it. You can thank Teresa May for the above.

Your wife could possibly come stay with you for the 6 months you are working (but i'd highly recommend you get a family visa first, even if she qualifies for the visa waiver program), but she will have to go back before the 6 months is up on whichever visa you get for her to temporarily stay.

When you go to apply for the spouse visa, she cannot be in the UK, you have to send her passport off and she has to pick up her visa and enter the UK on that visa, so she'll have to go back to whatever country she currently resides.

If you have kids that are not British (i.e. not from your own loins) then they also need to be sponsored and the amount will then go up by about 3600 for the first child and 2-3k for the next, cant quite remember the amount.

If you have kids that are yours, you need to get them British passports if you have not done so already.

And that's it in a nutshell. ZERO leeway, so don''t even bother fantasizing otherwise.

God I know that all sounds cold, but wish someone gave it to me black and white when I asked the question first, those links/wiki/government site are not clear or straight forward at all.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 6:44 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by ldollard
As pompous as this sounds, theres no gray area regarding UK immigration, you either need to have a job offer paying 18600 or have 64k right now to apply for a spouse visa before you go.

Or.

You go to the UK ALONE go get a job paying 18600, wait six months whilst working in that job, apply for a spouse visa, which will take from 1-3 months. Then your wife can come.

There's no 50/50 or maybes or we'll see, that's just it. You can thank Teresa May for the above.

Your wife could possibly come stay with you for the 6 months you are working (but i'd highly recommend you get a family visa first, even if she qualifies for the visa waiver program), but she will have to go back before the 6 months is up on whichever visa you get for her to temporarily stay.

When you go to apply for the spouse visa, she cannot be in the UK, you have to send her passport off and she has to pick up her visa and enter the UK on that visa, so she'll have to go back to whatever country she currently resides.

If you have kids that are not British (i.e. not from your own loins) then they also need to be sponsored and the amount will then go up by about 3600 for the first child and 2-3k for the next, cant quite remember the amount.

If you have kids that are yours, you need to get them British passports if you have not done so already.

And that's it in a nutshell. ZERO leeway, so don''t even bother fantasizing otherwise.

God I know that all sounds cold, but wish someone gave it to me black and white when I asked the question first, those links/wiki/government site are not clear or straight forward at all.
Thank's! yea it sounds nasty but i see your point, its pathetic that a 'govt' can control people's life's like this.... not surprised there is an uprising in the far future, i mean to say (how dare they) do this, but how can they 'justify' 64 thousands pounds to survive? like i said in my previous post i will have 'maybe' around 16k or min 12 when i go back have it in my hand so to speak..... i can easily survive off that along with my son (who will be british when i apply the passport at the embassy) - and my wife who is from china,

but it makes me furious and it is pathetic who came up with that sum ? '64k' in order to survive ? like i said me my wife and my son can survive on £10k-£12k easily until i sort my self out.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's! yea it sounds nasty but i see your point, its pathetic that a 'govt' can control people's life's like this.... not surprised there is an uprising in the far future, i mean to say (how dare they) do this, but how can they 'justify' 64 thousands pounds to survive? like i said in my previous post i will have 'maybe' around 16k or min 12 when i go back have it in my hand so to speak..... i can easily survive off that along with my son (who will be british when i apply the passport at the embassy) - and my wife who is from china,

but it makes me furious and it is pathetic who came up with that sum ? '64k' in order to survive ? like i said me my wife and my son can survive on £10k-£12k easily until i sort my self out.

I don't get it, you rant up and down about how pathetic the rules are and how you have 'enough' money, but at the same time you want to know how to claim JSA?

I think the rules are harsh, but it's pretty black and white, you either have the funds/job or don't.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:17 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I don't get it, you rant up and down about how pathetic the rules are and how you have 'enough' money, but at the same time you want to know how to claim JSA?

I think the rules are harsh, but it's pretty black and white, you either have the funds/job or don't.
What don't you get? when i return to UK of course i'll have no job... hence i need /JSA/HB but im uncertain if i can apply that... seeing as i've been out of the UK for 3 yrs....? unless it doesn't matter 0.o

and we have savings of 10K more than enough to support us until i sort my self out and is settle in the UK,

the rules are pathetic, but thats life? what if two new couples only 20 yrs old no job no savings and want to apply for this visa? i doub't a 20 yr old has 64k laying under the couch,

get what i mean ?
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

What don't you get? when i return to UK of course i'll have no job... hence i need /JSA/HB but im uncertain if i can apply that... seeing as i've been out of the UK for 3 yrs....? unless it doesn't matter 0.o

and we have savings of 10K more than enough to support us until i sort my self out and is settle in the UK,

the rules are pathetic, but thats life? what if two new couples only 20 yrs old no job no savings and want to apply for this visa? i doub't a 20 yr old has 64k laying under the couch,

get what i mean ?
I don't get why you keep saying you have 'more than enough' and then say that that you 'need' JSA/HB.

Loads of us returned to the UK with no jobs, it took me 4mths to find a job, and I didn't apply for JSA (not even sure what qualifies a person for that?), we just used our own money and we prepared for eventuality that in advance.

The rules suck and no mistake. But ranting about it is probably not going to change the situation is it. I don't think UKBA strike me as the negotiating types these days
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:38 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

get what i mean ?

I fully understand your frustration, though these new requirements were brought in to reduce migrant intake, which should have been done years ago ( reducing migrant intake), what really pisses me off is a British guy/girl cant bring their spouse to join them unless they meet all these tough financial and language rules, yet millions of EU economic migrants can not only bypass these requirements but can also jump on all the benefit systems ( and most do ), its absolutely scandalous.
Next year millions of Bulgarians and Romanians will be able to enter the UK visa free and jump on the benefit system and poor old Joe blow Englishman cannot bring his foreign wife and child!

Lets be honest it stinks!
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:58 am
Looking Around~

I don't get why you keep saying you have 'more than enough' and then say that that you 'need' JSA/HB.

Loads of us returned to the UK with no jobs, it took me 4mths to find a job, and I didn't apply for JSA (not even sure what qualifies a person for that?), we just used our own money and we prepared for eventuality that in advance.

The rules suck and no mistake. But ranting about it is probably not going to change the situation is it. I don't think UKBA strike me as the negotiating types these days
Im only on about JSA/HB to rent a house, (even tho i have 10K) better to have money coming in from the local JSA/HB office TO PAY RENT etc that's why....

Originally Posted by Panhandle
I fully understand your frustration, though these new requirements were brought in to reduce migrant intake, which should have been done years ago ( reducing migrant intake), what really pisses me off is a British guy/girl cant bring their spouse to join them unless they meet all these tough financial and language rules, yet millions of EU economic migrants can not only bypass these requirements but can also jump on all the benefit systems ( and most do ), its absolutely scandalous.
Next year millions of Bulgarians and Romanians will be able to enter the UK visa free and jump on the benefit system and poor old Joe blow Englishman cannot bring his foreign wife and child!

Lets be honest it stinks!
oh yes, i know what you mean, it pisses me off as well... i didn't know there was a 64K rule or a £18600 Salary.... i understand UKBA have upped the requirements.... but i find it disgusting and infuriating, (its one of the reasons i decided to up n leave UK IN 2011) Working here loving it, but i have to go home one day.... and 2014 is the year i choose, now that we're expecting a baby, i was shocked after some research that they changed this rule ??? 64k? wow who carries that sort of money around ... and do they expect me to get a JOB OFFER IN UK (while im abroad?) i highly doubt it ! plus i saw that news about those bulgs and Romanians now that is the biggest load of bullshit in the world, and (yet the uk govt wonder why many people are on benefits)

Grrr

Not sure how to get my wife to UK now i gotta think of a way around this (must be some way seriously?) what if someone sponsors my wife (but they really won't) just use them to help us get the VISA?

Example

(one of my family member is that possible?)
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Im only on about JSA/HB to rent a house, (even tho i have 10K) better to have money coming in from the local JSA/HB office TO PAY RENT etc that's why....

Not sure how to get my wife to UK now i gotta think of a way around this (must be some way seriously?) what if someone sponsors my wife (but they really won't) just use them to help us get the VISA?

Example

(one of my family member is that possible?)
Then £10k isn't enough is it! When we arrived it would have been better to have money coming in from the Tooth Fairy to pay our rent, but that didn't happen either.

The rules suck the big one and no mistake, but don't rant about £10k being enough and then ask how you can get benefits in the same breath. This is the issue I have with what you write, not whether you should be allowwed to have benefits and not whether you should be allowed to bring your wife here (of course you should), but sometimes things just don't work out that way.

If it is absolutely so freakin' hard to do (which it is nowadays for a lot of folks), I'd question whether it's worth doing at all
Old Jan 10th 2013, 11:13 am
Looking Around~

Then £10k isn't enough is it! When we arrived it would have been better to have money coming in from the Tooth Fairy to pay our rent, but that didn't happen either.

The rules suck the big one and no mistake, but don't rant about £10k being enough and then ask how you can get benefits in the same breath. This is the issue I have with what you write, not whether you should be allowwed to have benefits and not whether you should be allowed to bring your wife here (of course you should), but sometimes things just don't work out that way.

If it is absolutely so freakin' hard to do (which it is nowadays for a lot of folks), I'd question whether it's worth doing at all
ha, yes i see your point but 10K is plenty to survivie on but i don't want to waste it on rent that's where Housing Benefit comes into place, while that covers the rent the 10K covers the cost of living for a certain time, im not from London afterall, come from a small town lol

then get a job and got more money coming in? 'but getting a job' back in UK is like a 'Broken Dream' 0.o

But yea the rules suck on this one, i guess i gotta get a family member to help us (which i don't really want) bah

Old Jan 10th 2013, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ha, yes i see your point but 10K is plenty to survivie on but i don't want to waste it on rent that's where Housing Benefit comes into place, while that covers the rent the 10K covers the cost of living for a certain time, im not from London afterall, come from a small town lol

then get a job and got more money coming in? 'but getting a job' back in UK is like a 'Broken Dream' 0.o

But yea the rules suck on this one, i guess i gotta get a family member to help us (which i don't really want) bah

Nothing wrong with all that at all. I think the only effective plan for these though is to make the assumption that you'll get nothing in benefits and then be pleasantly surprised if you. Of course the problem with that is it takes an awful long time to scrape together more cash before you can move and even get in the door.

The new rules would not have affected us either way, but it does seem an awful lot harder now than it really should be. Not just financial, but ILR qualifying and all of that.

I 'think' my wife qualifies for a UK passport in March (2yrs on Settlement plus 1 yr on ILR), but the rules might change again by then. It's damn frustrating for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.