Spouse via to UK

Old Feb 4th 2018, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Mahii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse via to UK

Hi All

I am new to this forum and not sure if I am posting in the right section.

I am UK resident and married 9 months ago in Pakistan, my husband was in Pakistan and moved to Saudi Arabia for job recently.

We have planned to live together in UK.

I am chartered accountant and chartered tax advisor working in practice for over 5 years.

I am compiling papers to apply for his visa to UK.

I am aware of all documents such as payslips, bank statements, relationship , accommodation which are all okay.

My quesiton is , does my husband need to provide any documents at his end apart from his passport, residence card and photos? If so please let me know.

Since my salary is 40,000 plus, do I need to have any savings?

Does my husband need to provide any documents separately re his employment/salary/savings?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Mahii
Old Feb 4th 2018, 2:45 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse via to UK

If you work in the UK and your annual salary is £40,000, then that exceeds, by some margin, the income requirement to sponsor your husband for a settlement visa, and you don't need to have any savings.

At this stage your husband's income, salary, savings, or any other matter related to his financial circumstances are wholly irrelevance to his visa application. After 30 months in the UK, when he needs to apply for "further leave to remain", his income can be included, but if you are still earning £40,000 then that alone would meet the financial requirements at that stage.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 4th 2018 at 2:49 am.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mahii

My quesiton is , does my husband need to provide any documents at his end apart from his passport, residence card and photos? If so please let me know.
Your husband will also need to do an English language test.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

thanks Pulaski

But I was checking the checklist of documents my husband need to submit in Saudi, there is a checklist and it says if ur working u need to provide payslips + bank statements as evidence that u r working there.

But my husband only moved to saudi recently and has no bank account opened yet.

I assume his employment agreement is sufficient as evidence that he is working there and is on work permit.

Although this is not needed to meet financial requirement but because he is working he needs to provide some evidence, so in that case do you think employment agreement is sufficient?

Thanks
Mah

Last edited by Mahii; Feb 4th 2018 at 8:33 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks HKG3
Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You'll also need to include, as a minimum, your marriage certificate as evidence of your relationship. I would also recommend enclosing a covering letter from each of you, no longer than two sides of A4, detailing the development of your relationship and your future plans supported by a select number of photos and other pieces of evidence totalling no more than a dozen pages. Photographs that show you together with family and friends are particulary useful.

Last edited by BritInParis; Feb 4th 2018 at 9:02 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

nadziestarsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You'll also need to include, as a minimum, your marriage certificate as evidence of your relationship. I would also recommend enclosing a covering letter from each of you, no longer than two sides of A4, detailing the development of your relationship and your future plans supported by a select number of photos and other pieces of evidence totalling no more than a dozen pages. Photographs that show you together with family and friends are particulary useful.
Uh-ohhhhhh.... am I in trouble now then? My covering letter reached 3 pages (texts are not front to back though) as I thought I had to explain our relationship timeline, the nature of my job (I'm an online freelance English tutor affiliated with two companies) and deposits made in my bank account.

oh dear

I suppose I'll just have to cross my fingers real hard.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 2:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nadziestarsky
Uh-ohhhhhh.... am I in trouble now then? My covering letter reached 3 pages (texts are not front to back though) as I thought I had to explain our relationship timeline, the nature of my job (I'm an online freelance English tutor affiliated with two companies) and deposits made in my bank account.

oh dear

I suppose I'll just have to cross my fingers real hard.
No, that's fine. I only recommend two pages relating to the relationship because anything else is likely to be too long but too long is better than too short. Briefly addressing your financial situation can be helpful but all that information should already be in Appendix 2.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

nadziestarsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No, that's fine. I only recommend two pages relating to the relationship because anything else is likely to be too long but too long is better than too short. Briefly addressing your financial situation can be helpful but all that information should already be in Appendix 2.
Phew... thanks! What a relief then. To be honest, when I first outlined my covering letter, it reached 7 friggin pages When I proofread it, I suddenly felt so conscious and realized that I got too carried away with my emotions that there were too much melodramatic information there so I reduced it to three pages consisting mainly of relevant deets. Even adjusted the font size just to make them fit lol
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by nadziestarsky
Phew... thanks! What a relief then. To be honest, when I first outlined my covering letter, it reached 7 friggin pages When I proofread it, I suddenly felt so conscious and realized that I got too carried away with my emotions that there were too much melodramatic information there so I reduced it to three pages consisting mainly of relevant deets. Even adjusted the font size just to make them fit lol
It sounds like you got it just right then.