Spouse reunion in the UK

Old Oct 16th 2017, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Ayna zuhry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse reunion in the UK

Hi im Ayna.I god married to an ILR holder nearly six months ago.he is preparing documents to reunite.I would like to know 1) how much does it cost?and2) an approximate time period of getting my visa?3)how long does that procedure take?4)Is my husband eligible to apply for British nationality if he has received ILR one year and two months ago?5How long is the procedure of nationality if he has completed all necessary documents?
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Bobjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse reunion in the UK

the answer to question 4 is if he has been living and working in the UK for the past five years he can and if he has held IRL for at least 12 months. But, if he has not then he must apply in 5 years.

The answer to 5, when you apply for neutralisation that can take from 4 weeks up 1 year. I have had friends that have taken up to 1 month and some up to a year. It really is case by case and how busy they are.

hope that helps. I'm sure other people on the forum can answer your other questions.

Last edited by Bobjon; Oct 16th 2017 at 8:57 am. Reason: Spelling errors
Old Oct 17th 2017, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you ever so much.of course it was so helpful.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 1:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What passport do you hold and where are you applying from?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What passport do you hold and where are you applying from?
I hold a Sri Lankan passport while my husband has ILR and holds travel documents.he applies for me from there
Old Oct 17th 2017, 8:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ayna zuhry
I hold a Sri Lankan passport while my husband has ILR and holds travel documents.he applies for me from there
Your husband can lodge the application online on your behalf but you'll still need to go and physically hand in your forms and supporting documents as well as give your biometrics. Are you in Sri Lanka then?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your husband can lodge the application online on your behalf but you'll still need to go and physically hand in your forms and supporting documents as well as give your biometrics. Are you in Sri Lanka then?
Yes,Iam
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ayna zuhry
Yes,Iam
Sorry it's a wrong answer.actually I didn't come to the uk,we got married in India,as my husband has restrictions to come to Sri Lanka.now he's back in UK n im in SriLanka.I didn't receive any biometric card yet