Spousal Visa with kids. . Help!

Old Apr 7th 2015, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Spousy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Spousal Visa with kids. . Help!

Hi there. Please enlighten me on certain issues regarding my spousal visa applications that I will process soon enough:

Firstly, my husband is in receipt of a DLA £175 monthly and also got salary employed of £18,000++ per annum before tax, are we exempted to meet the income threshold?

Second, we have an 8 months old daughter that makes her British by descent and on the way to register her birth soon. How long does her passport to be processed ? And is she exempted to meet the financial requirements or is she also to be included as a Dependant Child Visa ?

Third, I have an 8 years old daughter from previous relationship whom I plan to bring to UK as my dependant and I fully understand she will be added to the income threshold. If given that we are exempted to meet the income threshold, how much should be the total maintenance we should show or demonstrate in our application to pacify the ECO?
Thank you in advance. I really need advice.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice
Default Re: Spousal Visa with kids. . Help!

Originally Posted by Spousy
Hi there. Please enlighten me on certain issues regarding my spousal visa applications that I will process soon enough:

Firstly, my husband is in receipt of a DLA £175 monthly and also got salary employed of £18,000++ per annum before tax, are we exempted to meet the income threshold?

Second, we have an 8 months old daughter that makes her British by descent and on the way to register her birth soon. How long does her passport to be processed ? And is she exempted to meet the financial requirements or is she also to be included as a Dependant Child Visa ?

Third, I have an 8 years old daughter from previous relationship whom I plan to bring to UK as my dependant and I fully understand she will be added to the income threshold. If given that we are exempted to meet the income threshold, how much should be the total maintenance we should show or demonstrate in our application to pacify the ECO?
The 8 months old daughter is exempted in regards to the spousal visa income threshold since she is British by descent. In regards to how long is the passport processing, well it depends on which country you are applying from.

I don't know much in regards to your third question. You will have to ask other posters here.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Visa with kids. . Help!

Originally Posted by Spousy
If given that we are exempted to meet the income threshold, how much should be the total maintenance we should show or demonstrate in our application to pacify the ECO?
He is exempt from the new financial requirement because he is in receipt of DLA, but he still has to show he has the funds to sponsor you under a reduced rate. He has to show that after his rent and council tax is paid, that he has £114.85 per week to sponsor you (the Income Support couples rate for 2015) and then another smaller sum per week spare for your child that isn't a UK citizen.

I not 100% sure what that extra sum is for your non-UK child (someone else might know) but you can see from this that it seems he might easily make the amount to sponsor you both.

Last edited by formula; Apr 10th 2015 at 6:24 pm.