Spousal visa application question

Old Jul 7th 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

James738 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal visa application question

I am married to an American woman. She is currently in the USA, and I am filling out her forms for her to immigrate to the UK. I am in receipt of a qualifying benefit that exempts me from the £18,600 income requirement. We have two children who are living with her, and who will move to the UK with her when she immigrates. Our children are British citizens.

I have been wiring money to my wife every month to help support her and our children. I've been sending about £300 a month. I am unsure where to mention this on the immigration forms. I can see three questions on the form where I think perhaps I should mention it, but I'm not sure which one/ones of these three I should mention it. I'd very much appreciate if anyone on here can tell me which of these questions is/are asking for this info. Here are the questions:

1.28) Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially, including any children listed above (the question before this one asks me for the names of our children)? If yes, please give full details including how much is spent.

4.13) How much of your sponsor's total monthly income is given to their family members and other dependents?

4.15) Is your sponsor responsible for anyone else's financial support? If yes, please provide full details below.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spousal visa application question

My agent advised us to include anything and everything that seems relevant to the question asked. If its not needed immigration will ignore it.

To my unprofessional eyes, you know the answers - you have to calculate the sums for 4.13 and for 4.15 - you would be wise to include the £300 or so support you send.

To do other wise leaves you open to problems if immigration discover false entries.
If there are issues, you are usually advised and allowed to explain your submissions.

Do you have an immigration agent??? If not it may be wise to consult one and ask advices - even if you pay a consultancy see.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa application question

The spousal visa application is pretty straight forward. You do NOT need an 'agent' for anything unless you have some extremely complicated situation. Agents don't always give correct advice from what I've seen.

4.13 refers to 'other family members' which is NA; you may repeat the answer to 1.28 to be safe (your children) and do the math....e.g. £300/£1000 = 33.33%

4.15 - unless you (the sponsor) is responsible for another person, the answer to that is "no", but to be safe, just say "no; only children listed in 1.28" or something similar.