Spousal visa

Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual nationalities

Originally Posted by Mohammad saleh
I read what written in this website ,
They are talking about renouncement in general cases

So i dont know whether theres stipulated laws to judge such my case

Bring uf husband regarding ur EEA nationality(EEA permission) and regardless ur british nationality as my wife already has two nationalities
From my limited understanding, your dual Irish / British wife is treated as British in the UK. I am sure that people with more knowledge on this matter will make their contributions.

If she is treated as British by the Home Office - then the only way to get you an EEA family permit is for her to give up her British Citizenship and use her Irish citizenship as the bases of your EEA family permit application.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

It will take shorter time to be naturalized
It is only by a year - switching visa cost time and money and you will need to ask yourself whether it is cost effective.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa

Im still confused about this, theres no explicit law about this !!
my wife has two nationalities ,, british and irish and i cant get visa there based on her british nationality cuz of the hard requirements !!

so can i base the issue on her Irish nationality and in this case will i get EEA Family permission ?
No you can't - she needs to sponsor you for a spouse visa, and that will mean meeting the financial requirements as previously mentioned.

I cannot point you at any laws that state this, but your future wife is British and cannot claim she is exercising her EEA treaty rights for you to get a family permit. If you wish to go EEA route, then your wife will need to move her life to another European country.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Mohammad saleh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HKG3
From my limited understanding, your dual Irish / British wife is treated as British in the UK. I am sure that people with more knowledge on this matter will make their contributions.

If she is treated as British by the Home Office - then the only way to get you an EEA family permit is for her to give up her British Citizenship and use her Irish citizenship as the bases of your EEA family permit application.

https://www.gov.uk/eu-eea
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to hit report on this post and suggest that a moderator for this section of BE combines your posts into one thread, or closes one of them to prevent double posting and increased confusion.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
It is only by a year - switching visa cost time and money and you will need to ask yourself whether it is cost effective.
In my opinion, the time for new visa(spousal) to be issued maybe a couple of months, but at all its better than the difference of years that u will wait to be naturalized ,whereas in spousal visa case maybe u need 4 years , in EEA Case u need 6 years or more

I dont how it will cost as money !!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm going to hit report on this post and suggest that a moderator for this section of BE combines your posts into one thread, or closes one of them to prevent double posting and increased confusion.
Thank you very much, i appreciate your help
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:07 am
Just Joined

No you can't - she needs to sponsor you for a spouse visa, and that will mean meeting the financial requirements as previously mentioned.

I cannot point you at any laws that state this, but your future wife is British and cannot claim she is exercising her EEA treaty rights for you to get a family permit. If you wish to go EEA route, then your wife will need to move her life to another European country.
can u look plz here
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eligibility
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have merged the two threads. Please do not open duplicatea threads. Thank you.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:23 am

I am aware of the EEA family permit - but in the UK your future spouse is British - she is not exercising her EEA treaty rights - she is working in the UK as a British Citizen.

If she gave up her British Citizenship as previously mentioned, she can continue to work in the UK as an Irish Citizen exercising treaty rights, but this is not a route I would recommend
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:30 am
Just Joined

I am aware of the EEA family permit - but in the UK your future spouse is British - she is not exercising her EEA treaty rights - she is working in the UK as a British Citizen.

If she gave up her British Citizenship as previously mentioned, she can continue to work in the UK as an Irish Citizen exercising treaty rights, but this is not a route I would recommend
Im trying to find else way to get there, the proof of our relationship is week, they will not be convinced that we love each other, so any recommendations about how can i overcome this !!

In case i applied for finance visa and once i get there i can register my marriage in registration office there, is it good ! im concerning about switch the visa from fiance to spouse within the country !!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:42 am

Im trying to find else way to get there, the proof of our relationship is week, they will not be convinced that we love each other, so any recommendations about how can i overcome this !!

In case i applied for finance visa and once i get there i can register my marriage in registration office there, is it good ! im concerning about switch the visa from fiance to spouse within the country !!
You will have to prove a genuine relationship whichever route you take. Does your fiancée earns enough to sponsor your for spouse visa?
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:51 am
Just Joined

You will have to prove a genuine relationship whichever route you take. Does your fiancée earns enough to sponsor your for spouse visa?
yes she earns above the threshold, so the financial requirements are okay,
my wife is going to apply for other jobs in london, If she applied as irish, will that be helpful for EEA Permit?
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:56 am

yes she earns above the threshold, so the financial requirements are okay,
my wife is going to apply for other jobs in london, If she applied as irish, will that be helpful for EEA Permit?
Can you please forget the EEA permit unless you are moving to a country other than the UK or Ireland since you cannot exercise treaty rights in a country you are a citizen of, even if dual citizen.

If you wish to move to UK, your fiancée will need to sponsor you for a visa. There is a visa you can apply for to marry in the UK, but if the wedding is planned in Palestine already, then she can sponsor you for a spouse visa once married. There is plenty of information available about which forms need to be filled, what evidence needs to be supplied, etc in other threads. If lost in the process, then ask at the time.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Can you please forget the EEA permit unless you are moving to a country other than the UK or Ireland since you cannot exercise treaty rights in a country you are a citizen of, even if dual citizen.

If you wish to move to UK, your fiancée will need to sponsor you for a visa. There is a visa you can apply for to marry in the UK, but if the wedding is planned in Palestine already, then she can sponsor you for a spouse visa once married. There is plenty of information available about which forms need to be filled, what evidence needs to be supplied, etc in other threads. If lost in the process, then ask at the time.
Thank you very much, Im involved about of spousal visa, and visitor visa for marriage, i read everything written in the website, the problem with the visitor visa for marriage is that you cant switch it there so after the expiration you have to leave ,,

regarding the spousal visa, the problem is only with the proof of relationship, we have been together me and my partner since 8 months, and we have met in real life for 10 days, so when i will have my interview at the consulate, all the evidence of the relationship will be only, wedding and its details( video,pictures), so many pictures and messages , met in real life for 20 days, so all the points refer that the proof is enough and week and they will suppose me that my sake is papers only, i have read so many cases before ,, its hard, so that why im confused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.