VFS called me - tech glitch, documents missing

Old Aug 26th 2017, 2:53 am
Just Joined

KM2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VFS called me - tech glitch, documents missing

Hello,

I have entered panic mode.

I submitted our documents for a spouse visa to a VFS centre in Australia on 7 August, which is only 13 working days ago (scanning service).

Today I received a call from the VFS centre (on a Saturday morning) saying there had been a technical glitch and documents were missing, and would I be able to come in to resubmit.

I had to fly to that city to submit, so I can't. They said I could post the copies to their centre and they would reimburse the costs.

I asked if this now means my visa has been delayed 3 weeks. They said no, it was now at the final decision making stage but they need the documents before they can make a decision. I asked for an estimated date - she said "it is ready to have a decision now, it could be anytime - the sooner you get the documents to us the sooner you will have a decision.

I asked which documents were missing - and she said she did not know as they do not have access to the decision making centre.

Why is this so soon?? I am worried that it's gone into a 'reject' pile or something.

We paid priority, and they were very clear to state that the priority service would not guarantee processing within 15 days, and that they aim to process in 60 days.

Our application finance section was as a self-employed director of a Ltd company. I did wonder whether these got processed by trained staff and that potentially it could be quicker as there would be less people applying by this route.

Does anyone have any experience with this and think it might be the case? Other than that, our case was 'straightforward'. I'd lived in the UK before, never overstayed a visa, no kids, married, from a low-risk country, etc. I'm very worried though because the financial category section was incredibly complicated to complete.

There was someone who posted theirs was processed recently with 22 days - from Melbourne. So it could be possible. Also interesting to note that they're working weekends...

I can't believe the VFS centre lost some of my documents - I'm so mad! I watched her scan every one of them!
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Princessbuttermug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VFS called me - tech glitch, documents missing

How did you get on? My UK visa application has been affected in the same way. I lodged on 4 Aug and paid for priority processing and got a call a week ago saying that, due to a technical error, I had tonl reusbmit my original documents (clearly someone has hit delete or otherwise corrupted the scanned copies they took).

I went into the office on a Sunday (they had extra staff working overtime) and there were a few other people there as well with the same issue.

I'm still waiting for my visa to be finalised - phone calls to UKVI haven't been helpful. My flight is booked for 18 September.

Has yours been approved yet? I hope so!

Originally Posted by KM2017
Hello,

I have entered panic mode.

I submitted our documents for a spouse visa to a VFS centre in Australia on 7 August, which is only 13 working days ago (scanning service).

Today I received a call from the VFS centre (on a Saturday morning) saying there had been a technical glitch and documents were missing, and would I be able to come in to resubmit.

I had to fly to that city to submit, so I can't. They said I could post the copies to their centre and they would reimburse the costs.

I asked if this now means my visa has been delayed 3 weeks. They said no, it was now at the final decision making stage but they need the documents before they can make a decision. I asked for an estimated date - she said "it is ready to have a decision now, it could be anytime - the sooner you get the documents to us the sooner you will have a decision.

I asked which documents were missing - and she said she did not know as they do not have access to the decision making centre.

Why is this so soon?? I am worried that it's gone into a 'reject' pile or something.

We paid priority, and they were very clear to state that the priority service would not guarantee processing within 15 days, and that they aim to process in 60 days.

Our application finance section was as a self-employed director of a Ltd company. I did wonder whether these got processed by trained staff and that potentially it could be quicker as there would be less people applying by this route.

Does anyone have any experience with this and think it might be the case? Other than that, our case was 'straightforward'. I'd lived in the UK before, never overstayed a visa, no kids, married, from a low-risk country, etc. I'm very worried though because the financial category section was incredibly complicated to complete.

There was someone who posted theirs was processed recently with 22 days - from Melbourne. So it could be possible. Also interesting to note that they're working weekends...

I can't believe the VFS centre lost some of my documents - I'm so mad! I watched her scan every one of them!
Old Sep 6th 2017, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Princessbuttermug
How did you get on? My UK visa application has been affected in the same way. I lodged on 4 Aug and paid for priority processing and got a call a week ago saying that, due to a technical error, I had tonl reusbmit my original documents (clearly someone has hit delete or otherwise corrupted the scanned copies they took).

I went into the office on a Sunday (they had extra staff working overtime) and there were a few other people there as well with the same issue.

I'm still waiting for my visa to be finalised - phone calls to UKVI haven't been helpful. My flight is booked for 18 September.

Has yours been approved yet? I hope so!
Nope, no outcome. The documents were re-scanned on the 28th. I'm really hoping we have an answer in the next fortnight. I wonder how many people this happened to? Did you apply in Brisbane also? I kept pressing them for answers and all I could get from them was that it happened to everyone within that timeframe - she also admitted my application wasn't 'in the final stages of decision-making' - its still waiting in the queue. My best guess is that perhaps a non-settlement application was done around the same time and they picked up on the error and went back to check who else it affected.

My initial guess was that they didn't scan both sides of the paperwork - haha. Because she kept telling me that they couldn't tell what was missing - which led me to think something must be still there. I watched her scan all my documents and it did not look like a particularly high tech scanner.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

My visa was just approved - I got notification yesterday a decision had been made and my passport arrived with approval letter today. I applied in Brisbane as well. My docs were rescanned on 27 Aug so hopefully yours will be finalised any day now. Fingers crossed for you!

Nope, no outcome. The documents were re-scanned on the 28th. I'm really hoping we have an answer in the next fortnight. I wonder how many people this happened to? Did you apply in Brisbane also? I kept pressing them for answers and all I could get from them was that it happened to everyone within that timeframe - she also admitted my application wasn't 'in the final stages of decision-making' - its still waiting in the queue. My best guess is that perhaps a non-settlement application was done around the same time and they picked up on the error and went back to check who else it affected.

My initial guess was that they didn't scan both sides of the paperwork - haha. Because she kept telling me that they couldn't tell what was missing - which led me to think something must be still there. I watched her scan all my documents and it did not look like a particularly high tech scanner.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there I also applied in Brisbane on July 24 and got the same phone call from VFS and had to go,back in there on Sunday. I am still waiting for my visa to come though. Have lost so much money in this waiting game.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:30 am
Just Joined

So sorry to hear that! Once you've exceeded the average waiting time they can formally escalate the issue. That's what they did with mine (I called them) and then I did a couple of polite follow up calls to try and move things along. When they escalated, they sent an email to confirm. Have you done that?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I rung them last Monday and they escalated it for me and said I should hear from in 15 days. Then I thought I should again so I rung this past Monday and they said that they have received my escalation and they would be in contact. Have lost my flights and a job offer from the UK.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonnz
Yeah I rung them last Monday and they escalated it for me and said I should hear from in 15 days. Then I thought I should again so I rung this past Monday and they said that they have received my escalation and they would be in contact. Have lost my flights and a job offer from the UK.
That is such terrible news - so so sorry to hear that. What type of visa have you applied for?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

I applied for settlement civil union. I hope it comes soon it's my partners 50 on the 15 October and would like to be there
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Ah ok. I only applied for a UK ancestry visa so much faster processing times. I hope you hear back soon though now that it has been escalated.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:44 am
Just Joined

I got a text yesterday to say that my application has been processed and was back at the VFS centre. I live elsewhere so had to use the courier service.. That should have arrived today but it hasn't.

It was last scanned/tracked this time yesterday and hasn't been updated. I've been on the phone to the post office all afternoon and they've said its unlikely that the transport was delayed and its probably a labelling issue and my parcel is lost somewhere.

I'm so upset - she VFS lady wouldn't open it and tell me if I was approved before she sent it.

If I have to apply for a new passport after all of this I think I might lose my mind!!

Ps. my husband called sheffield around 10 or so days ago and we did escalate ours also. (he had to beg, using the paperwork glitch as leverage). The next day I received an 'its complicated' email, and another asking me to resubmit our marriage cert and his british passport (which were all included the first time).
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

I got a text yesterday to say that my application has been processed and was back at the VFS centre. I live elsewhere so had to use the courier service.. That should have arrived today but it hasn't.

It was last scanned/tracked this time yesterday and hasn't been updated. I've been on the phone to the post office all afternoon and they've said its unlikely that the transport was delayed and its probably a labelling issue and my parcel is lost somewhere.

I'm so upset - she VFS lady wouldn't open it and tell me if I was approved before she sent it.

If I have to apply for a new passport after all of this I think I might lose my mind!!

Ps. my husband called sheffield around 10 or so days ago and we did escalate ours also. (he had to beg, using the paperwork glitch as leverage). The next day I received an 'its complicated' email, and another asking me to resubmit our marriage cert and his british passport (which were all included the first time).
When did you apply for your visa???
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Biometrics 7 August
Resubmitted docs 28 August
Escalated 18 Sept
Application processed text 27 Sept
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:54 am
Just Joined

I paid priority service
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Biometrics 7 August
Resubmitted docs 28 August
Escalated 18 Sept
Application processed text 27 Sept
WOW i did mine on 24 July 2017, paid priority service and still waiting. I also escalated on 18 September. so jealous of you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.