Family Details Section on Spouse Visa Application

Old Nov 11th 2014, 8:35 am
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Family Details Section on Spouse Visa Application

Sorry guys, me and my wife are confused once more filling in this form.

Our confusion this time is on the Family Details section.

As you can see, the section is titled 'Spouse / Partner' but we're confused because we're not clear if:
  • It means, the Spouse should fill in this section (i.e. all questions are to be answered by me the husband))
  • OR, the questions are all directed at my wife, and she's suppose to answer?

It makes a big difference what the correct meaning is, because the form asks for Passport Number (mine or hers), Nationality ... etc All of which are different for me and her. Later down the page it asks for Father and Mother's details, so I don't know whether they would be my wife's parents or mine.

The form is being filled by my wife, and I am the husband and sponsor.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could clear up the confusion for us.

Thank You.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Details Section on Spouse Visa Application

This form is filled out by the applicant - your wife in this case, so unless it asks for sponsor details (you), everything applies to her.

The form has changed a bit since I applied, so I cannot remember specifics (if any) that apply to the sponsor.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Vadio, so going by the premise that the screen-shot above is to be filled by my Wife (applicant), why would they require the Passport information twice? She has already provided her Passport Number and Nationality (and other stuff) in the Passport and Travel Information section (first tab on the left)
Old Nov 11th 2014, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...not sure and I can't access an on-line application w/o registering. I do know from another forum that the 'beta' site has some glitches. This may be one, but hard to know w/o going through the application.

Have you looked at the paper form (VAF4 Appendix 2)? That may clear up some questions.

This may well be the section that is specifically about the 'sponsor' (you). As I said, it's changed since 2011.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I have just checked my husbands application form which we did in February of this year. The Spouse/ Partner is all to be filled in giving spouse's information ie the sponsor. However the following area where it asks for Father, Mother etc is the applicants information. I agree it could be clearer as in one question (family name) it says 'you' and then in the next ( given name) it says 'they'!
Old Nov 11th 2014, 11:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The application assumes it is being completed by the applicant, i.e. your wife. The page above therefore refers to the applicant's spouse, i.e. you.

As you pointed out why ask for the same passport information twice.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the clarification all.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:14 am
Just Joined

sheerah is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad I found this thread. Was worried about same thing. Pls I need help on filling the income n expenditure section. I don't work and i dont have any source of income. I depend on my husband will be my sponsor.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Only your husband's (sponsor's) income is considered for a spouse visa. Even if you (the applicant) are working, your income would not be considered.

You can also meet the income requirement via savings or a combination of income/savings.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Mine is a visitor visa not a spouse visa.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

the OP for this particular thread was asking about the spouse visa form, so most of us will assume that subsequent posts reference the same thing.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Oh okay I'm sorry for following the wrong thread, my mistake. Should I start I new thread to get my question answered or?
Old Oct 4th 2015, 2:25 am
Just Joined

jane2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

While completing my United Kingdom Settlement - Wife online application form, I made a serious mistake.

On the 'Family Details' - 'Spouse / Partner' section, for:

43 CURRENT PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT NUMBER
44 NATIONALITY
45 FAMILY NAME / SURNAME
(If you only have one name, please enter it here and in the Given Name box)
46 GIVEN NAME(S) / FORENAME(S)
(IF THEY ONLY HAVE ONE NAME, PLEASE ENTER IT
HERE AND IN THE FAMILY NAME BOX)
47 DATE OF BIRTH

I entered my details, rather than that of my spouse. I got confused because of question 45 where it said "you". Now I have completed and submitted my online application and hence can not longer change it.

In this case, what are my options? Can I include a note with my printed application form explaining the mistake and providing the correct information?

Or do I have to withdraw this online application (I have applied from a location where we have to pay fees offline, and hence not yet paid or submitted any documents) and if so, how can I cancel this application?

I am worried, having incorrect details on the printed form may mean my application gets refused altogether.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 2:31 am
Just Joined

jane2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Or can I just cross out the incorrect information in the printed out application form and add the correct details?
Old Oct 4th 2015, 8:18 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jane2015
Hello,

While completing my United Kingdom Settlement - Wife online application form, I made a serious mistake.

On the 'Family Details' - 'Spouse / Partner' section, for:

43 CURRENT PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT NUMBER
44 NATIONALITY
45 FAMILY NAME / SURNAME
(If you only have one name, please enter it here and in the Given Name box)
46 GIVEN NAME(S) / FORENAME(S)
(IF THEY ONLY HAVE ONE NAME, PLEASE ENTER IT
HERE AND IN THE FAMILY NAME BOX)
47 DATE OF BIRTH

I entered my details, rather than that of my spouse. I got confused because of question 45 where it said "you". Now I have completed and submitted my online application and hence can not longer change it.

In this case, what are my options? Can I include a note with my printed application form explaining the mistake and providing the correct information?

Or do I have to withdraw this online application (I have applied from a location where we have to pay fees offline, and hence not yet paid or submitted any documents) and if so, how can I cancel this application?

I am worried, having incorrect details on the printed form may mean my application gets refused altogether.
As per my earlier comments if it's your wife's application then act as if she was completing it. Therefore she is 'you' and you are the 'spouse'. Therefore you have entered your details correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.