Sponsor's Spouse Visa Housing Information

Old Feb 17th 2018, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

AG_222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor's Spouse Visa Housing Information

Hi everyone,

My name is currently put under a house where my child is living with my child's mother.

As a sponsor for my future wife's spouse visa application, can I include my parents council house instead of my own house? (cos we both can't live in my house for sure!). Or do I have to get my name out of my own house and put it in my parents council house?

What route in regards to housing information is the best to go in order for a smooth application during our submission?

I'd be grateful for responses as I really need your help!
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor's Spouse Visa Housing Information

You don't need to own, or lease your own home to support a spouse visa application, but it does need to be big enough for the number of people who will be living there, and you need written permission from the owner or landlord for the person you are sponsoring for a visa to live there.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You don't need to own, or lease your own home to support a spouse visa application, but it does need to be big enough for the number of people who will be living there, and you need written permission from the owner or landlord for the person you are sponsoring for a visa to live there.
Does my name need to be included in my parent's house though?

My parents council house has 4 bedrooms with just my parents living in it. I think it's spacious enough to include us in there.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AG_222
Does my name need to be included in my parent's house though? ...
What do you mean by "included"? I already said that you don't need to own (your name doesn't need to be on the title) or lease a home.

It is not uncommon for someone to live with their parents, or other family member, and use their address and accommodation to support a visa for their spouse.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 17th 2018 at 1:45 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

What do you mean by "included"? I already said that you don't need to own (your name doesn't need to be on the title) or lease a home. It is not uncommon for someone to live with their parents, or other family member and use their address and accommodation to support a visa for their spouse.
The housing officers told my parents that in order for them to allow us to live in their house, my name has to also be registered under my parents council house (which I am not since my name is in my own house where I can't use as a sponsor's address).

So, either way, it seems my name has to be taken out of my own home (where my child and child's mother are living) and be put under my parents house if I want to use it as a sponsor's address during application (correct me if I am wrong). I just wanted to double check if there's another way to go about this.

Last edited by AG_222; Feb 17th 2018 at 1:48 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by AG_222
The housing officers told my parents that in order for them to allow us to live in their house, .....
So you parents rent their home? .... Per my advice in post #2, you will need the permission of the landlord, which sounds like it is the local council acting through their "housing officers".
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

So you parents rent their home? .... Per my advice in post #2, you will need the permission of the landlord, which sounds like it is the local council acting through their "housing officers".
Right. If that is the case, I wonder if I have to take my name out of my own home to then register my name under my parents council house, so that I can have that permission from them.