Sponsor Letter

Old Oct 17th 2017, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

StigR21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor Letter

Hello,

Does anyone have any tips for what kind of information needs to go in the sponsor letter and how much detail needs to go into it?

Searching online I've seen a few different takes on it and so far have this:

Re: Application for a Spouse Visa by Mrs XXX

To whom it may concern,

I am writing in support of my wife, Mrs XXX, in her application for a Spouse Visa to join me in the United Kingdom.

We are legally married and our ceremony took place in XXX on XXX 2017.

A mutual friend introduced XXX and I to each other in XXX 2011 in XXX, where we were both on Working Holiday Visas. We remained in a relationship after we left XXX and travelled to each other’s counties where we introduced each other to our friends and families. Since then we have travelled back and forwards to see each other as often as we could.

In XXX 2013, I moved to XXX on a working holiday visa where I studied XXX. I stayed in XXX until that visa expired in XXX 2014 and returned on a visitor visa in XXX 2014 until XXX 2014. In XXX 2015, my wife moved to the UK on a student visa where she studied floristry at XXX in XXX. She returned home to XXX in XXX 2016 and returned to the UK on a visitor’s visa in XXX 2016 with her mother, to introduce her to my family.

I proposed to my wife on XXX 2016 when we returned to XXX for a holiday to visit our friends.

My parents and one of my brothers travelled to XXX for our wedding along with some of our other friends from other countries.

At present, I am in full time employment as a XXX and my current salary is £XXXX, which I have been earning since XXX 2016. I will therefore be using this salary to meet the financial requirement under Category A and I am including the relevant supporting documents as evidence.

In regards to accommodation, I am currently in the process of buying a two bedroom flat, where my wife and I plan to live. In the meantime, I am living at my parents’ four bedroom home and I have included a letter from my parents confirming their permission for my wife to live there with me until we can move into our flat.

Is there anything major that i'm missing or some things that I'm covering too much?

I've seen some people include a content sort of list with their letter, is that a good idea?

Thanks.