Some advice needed

Old Nov 28th 2017, 8:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some advice needed

Originally Posted by beepbeep88
So the long and short of it. They have given me a Registration Certificate, which is a blue card that says UK residence documentation for a national of an EEA state

I asked her why they couldn't give me the permanent residency. Her answer was: You will need to provide original evidence covering five consecutive years to HMRC for your self employment .

I said I did sent her that, she agreed that I had but they were photocopies not the real ones.

So can I reapply?
Sure. Just send originals this time or use the passport return service.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 8:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sure. Just send originals this time or use the passport return service.
What an utterly §çrewed up system that sends out a rejection letter rather than a request to submit original documents!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

beepbeep88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I quite agree Pulaski, a very strange system, but they can do what they like!

BritinParis, you said; Just send originals this time or use the passport return service.
So my local one would be Exeter and then I would just drop all my things of there?

Thank you for your help.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

So I have a question. I found this tonight: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence
So does that mean that even when I get permanent residency its not valid after the UK leaves the EU?
Or am I misunderstanding this.

Last edited by beepbeep88; Dec 3rd 2017 at 5:40 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 3:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I quite agree Pulaski, a very strange system, but they can do what they like!

BritinParis, you said; Just send originals this time or use the passport return service.
So my local one would be Exeter and then I would just drop all my things of there?

Thank you for your help.
They will check your application for you and make a copy of your passport so you are not left without it whilst your application is being considered by the Home Office.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...return-service

https://new.devon.gov.uk/registratio...return-service

So I have a question. I found this tonight: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence
So does that mean that even when I get permanent residency its not valid after the UK leaves the EU?
Or am I misunderstanding this.
You are correct. Once the UK leaves the EU any status you would have previously derived from Freedom of Movement rights will cease. The government has proposed a new 'settled' status for EU/EEA citizens resident in the UK but this remains subject to the ongoing negotiation process.

You can however apply to naturalise as a British citizen in the meantime which will safeguard you against any negotiation outcome. Dutch nationality law permits you to retain your Dutch citizenship when you became a British citizen providing your spouse is also a British citizen. Also as the spouse of a British citizen there is no further waiting time; once you receive your PR you can apply to naturalise immediately. I would strongly recommend doing this.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

I want to reapply for permanent residency. So do I fill this form in: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence and do I then take it to here: https://new.devon.gov.uk/registratio...return-service

thank you again for your help in here.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 1:36 pm

I want to reapply for permanent residency. So do I fill this form in: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence and do I then take it to here: https://new.devon.gov.uk/registratio...return-service

thank you again for your help in here.
Yes, complete and submit the online form and then attend the council office within 10 days with your passport and supporting documentation.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I just received this from them:
I am currently considering your application for a document certifying permanent residence. However you have not provided us with enough evidence to support your application.

In order to qualify for permanent residence you would need to provide evidence that you have been exercising your treaty rights for a continuous five year period either a worker, student, jobseeker, self employed, temporary or permanently incapacitated or self sufficient.

You have provided Tax Return forms for 2012-2017, however we would need to see evidence from HMRC that your tax returns have been received. Please send this information by 16 April 2018 to:

How do I give them that?
Old Apr 5th 2018, 11:53 am

Hi

I just received this from them:
I am currently considering your application for a document certifying permanent residence. However you have not provided us with enough evidence to support your application.

In order to qualify for permanent residence you would need to provide evidence that you have been exercising your treaty rights for a continuous five year period either a worker, student, jobseeker, self employed, temporary or permanently incapacitated or self sufficient.

You have provided Tax Return forms for 2012-2017, however we would need to see evidence from HMRC that your tax returns have been received. Please send this information by 16 April 2018 to:

How do I give them that?
Probably best to ask HMRC. Did they not send you a receipt or confirmation that you had paid your tax?
Old Apr 17th 2018, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

I got my permanent residence come through today.

So I now need to apply for British Citizenship. I have been married to my British husband for 28 years we have 2 children who are British together.
What do I do next?

Is it this one: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...ritish-citizen

thank you for your help in here, I very much appreciate it.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 2:22 am

I got my permanent residence come through today.

So I now need to apply for British Citizenship. I have been married to my British husband for 28 years we have 2 children who are British together.
What do I do next?

Is it this one: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...ritish-citizen

thank you for your help in here, I very much appreciate it.
Very glad to hear it

You’ll need to pass a Life in the UK Test and meet the English language requirement before you can apply for naturalisation. Did you study for a degree through the medium of English in the past?
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

I couldn't have done it without you help, so very much appreciate you time you give here.

I have no degree, but I am pretty fluent in my English, I was my husband's proof reader for his marketing business. So how/where do I apply for those
Old Apr 18th 2018, 2:26 pm

I couldn't have done it without you help, so very much appreciate you time you give here.

I have no degree, but I am pretty fluent in my English, I was my husband's proof reader for his marketing business. So how/where do I apply for those
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
Old Apr 20th 2018, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Thank you

For the second link about the English language, it doesn't say where you could sit a test for this.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

For the second link about the English language, it doesn't say where you could sit a test for this.
If you read the link fully and carefully, you will find that this information is there. It's a clickable link on the Approved English Language Qualifications page.
BE members are happy to help where we can, and to point people towards the information they need, but you really do need to put some effort in yourself instead of expecting it all to be done for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.