Some advice needed

Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

beepbeep88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some advice needed

I moved to the UK when I was 11 with my family from The Netherlands, this was in 1976. I have been here in the UK ever since. I have been married to my husband for 27 years and have 2 children who are now 26 and 22.

I applied for a permanent residency card in July 6 and and got turned down November 16, as I failed to give enough proof that I have completed 5 years of residency in the UK.

Two questions:
1; I have been old (by solicitor firm that help immigration) that you need to earn at least £8000 per year for the last 5 years to be eligible. Is this correct?

2; For banking and business I have always spelled my name the proper way and then to make life easier i took one of the letters out. So birth certificate name is Marijke and now use Marike, does that somehow affect the proof element that I have lived here?

Thank you
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some advice needed

Having lived in the UK for 40 years how can you not have evidence of living in the UK for past 5 years?

Rental/mortgage evidence, bank statements, utility bills, letters to your home, family events, proof of children's schools, GP letter of registration, car registration, letter if recognition from local businesses, insurance letters and bills etc etc.

1. Never heard of this

2. Change of one letter does not affect proof of living in UK.

(Your story is awfully familiar to a case in the papers a couple of months ago!)
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

I obviously do have proof, but didn't post the right ones.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

The OP needs to exercise EEA treaty rights in the UK in order to apply for permanent residence. What did the OP do for the last five years in the UK?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beepbeep88
I obviously do have proof, but didn't post the right ones.
What evidence did you provide?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

HKG3: My husband and I are self employed. Last 2 years we are renovating property. Before that copywriters.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What evidence did you provide?
I didn't put 5 years evidence in.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't put 5 years evidence in.
Why not?
Old Apr 30th 2017, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Default Applying for UK residence

Hi

I am applying for a UK residence card. Is this the right form? https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-re...residence-card

How easy is to do this yourself?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 4:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for UK residence

Hi

I am applying for a UK residence card. Is this the right form? https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-re...residence-card

Hi, I've moved your question to your existing thread, as it's on the same subject and it just makes it easier for those trying to help you.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 9:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for UK residence

Hi

It is. I presumed you've already completed this form once before, no? You merely need to apply again with the required evidence. It doesn't need to be the last five years - any five year period where you were exercising Treaty rights will qualify.
Old May 1st 2017, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Yes I completed it before and they turned me down.
Saying this:

It is noted that you have provided no evidence of how you were exercising Treaty rights in the UK from your date of arrival.
As a result, this department is unable to establish that you have been exercising Treaty rights in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years whilst self employed.

How do I proof the Treaty rights? We have been renting for 18 month in our current home, 9 month before that in another house and we were home owners before that. Owning the house from: 2008 to 2015 and the hose before that from 1993 to 2008, is that proof? And what would I need to show to them for this proof.
Old May 1st 2017, 9:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I completed it before and they turned me down.
Saying this:

It is noted that you have provided no evidence of how you were exercising Treaty rights in the UK from your date of arrival.
As a result, this department is unable to establish that you have been exercising Treaty rights in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years whilst self employed.

How do I proof the Treaty rights? We have been renting for 18 month in our current home, 9 month before that in another house and we were home owners before that. Owning the house from: 2008 to 2015 and the hose before that from 1993 to 2008, is that proof? And what would I need to show to them for this proof.
I think you need to familiarise yourself with what Treaty rights are. Renting a home is not one of them.

I actually erred above. The correct form for you is here: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence

Check the guidance for details but essentially if you were working in the UK for a continuous five year period, and can provide evidence of that, then you will qualify for permanent residence.
Old May 1st 2017, 12:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I think you need to familiarise yourself with what Treaty rights are. Renting a home is not one of them. ....
Apparently her Google service subscription has expired.

The European Onion's freedom of movement treaty rights are "to work; to seek work; to be temporarily unemployed; to be self-employed; and to study."

@Beepbeep88: which of these apply to you?

Last edited by Pulaski; May 1st 2017 at 2:07 pm.
Old May 1st 2017, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Britinparis: thank you. What do the class as proof of working? Do account going to HM revenue count?

Pulaski: Ha ha, very funny. I am self employed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.