So worried

Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Wenie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So worried

Hi everyone,i have some concerns.my partner who is british citizen applied for a passport for our daughter last year december when she was 3 monhs old. Till date we havent received her passport yet. But aparently there was an error on our daughters local birth certificate so we had to send further proof that it was an error, now we are stuck here not knowing when the passport will be ready so we can travel in december to uk. My partner already lives and works in the uk. I also want to know what type of visa il have to apply for once my daughters passport is ready. I hope my visa wont be refused since il be travelling with a minor who is still breastfeeding.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:31 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So worried

Originally Posted by Wenie
Hi everyone,i have some concerns.my partner who is british citizen applied for a passport for our daughter last year december when she was 3 monhs old. Till date we havent received her passport yet. But aparently there was an error on our daughters local birth certificate so we had to send further proof that it was an error, now we are stuck here not knowing when the passport will be ready so we can travel in december to uk. My partner already lives and works in the uk. I also want to know what type of visa il have to apply for once my daughters passport is ready. I hope my visa wont be refused since il be travelling with a minor who is still breastfeeding.
Welcome to BE>

What country are you applying from, what nationality and passport do you hold?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome to BE>

What country are you applying from, what nationality and passport do you hold?
I am a ghanaian and hold a ghanaian passport but my partner applied for the passport for our girl from uk..
Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wenie
I am a ghanaian and hold a ghanaian passport but my partner applied for the passport for our girl from uk..
Are you wanting to move to the UK permanently? if so you will need to apply for a 'settlement, spouse visa' , currently the time taken to process these visas is quite long, and due to the sheer volume of applications, and the country you will be applying from being classed as a 'high risk' country it's very unlikely that it will all be completed by December, even if it is applied for as 'priority'.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Are you wanting to move to the UK permanently? if so you will need to apply for a 'settlement, spouse visa' , currently the time taken to process these visas is quite long, and due to the sheer volume of applications, and the country you will be applying from being classed as a 'high risk' country it's very unlikely that it will all be completed by December, even if it is applied for as 'priority'.
Thats my worry.. well i am not applying to move permanently only to spend the christmas holidays with my partner. That is all i want right now.. its very worrying.. im stuck here not knowing what to do and how long to wait for my girls passport to be ready.