Shocked

Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shocked

Feel embarrassed posting this on here considering how much others are suffering.
We just picked up my wife's visa. Applied 1st sept / Biometrics 5th Sept. Luckily ours didn't go to Sheffield.
Only slight downside is they have ignored our intended travelling date and given us only 30 days to collect the BRP. So an unscheduled trip to the UK will be needed next week.

Thanks everyone for the advice on here. For sure that helped us a lot!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shocked

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Feel embarrassed posting this on here considering how much others are suffering.
We just picked up my wife's visa. Applied 1st sept / Biometrics 5th Sept. Luckily ours didn't go to Sheffield.
Only slight downside is they have ignored our intended travelling date and given us only 30 days to collect the BRP. So an unscheduled trip to the UK will be needed next week.

Congratulations. Where did you apply from? Priority? Don't forget to add/update you're timeline for everyone to see. Safe travels.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Does your wife's vignette have a place of issue?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Congratulations. Does your wife's vignette have a place of issue?
Abu Dhabi
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Abu Dhabi
Thanks. Evidently not all settlement applications were repatriated to Sheffield.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mz_Th4ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow thas amazing and very quick many many congratulations to u both
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mz_Th4ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Evidently not all settlement applications were repatriated to Sheffield.
Hi why is that i thought all settlement visas are decided in sheffield
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes think we've been very lucky to have avoided the Sheffield mess.

Really appreciate the information I've found on here and advice received. Helped us put together a solid application.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes think we've been very lucky to have avoided the Sheffield mess.

Really appreciate the information I've found on here and advice received. Helped us put together a solid application.
Congratulations and thank you. It's always nice when people appreciate the time and trouble our members have taken to help them.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wow. How great to read that. You must be so relieved and pleased.

Some good news among all the wretched horrible long waits many are enduring with this visa.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It seems not.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Atleast we can take some comfort in knowing that others are getting their visa's - just gives you that renewed hope.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Atleast we can take some comfort in knowing that others are getting their visa's - just gives you that renewed hope.
that was the reason I posted. To give some hope to people.

I know some will be more that a little annoyed that we have got our visa so quickly when they have been waiting so long.

We've booked flights to head back towards the end of next week to collect the BRP and will make our actual move in December. Thats an extra GBP 1,250 we didnt expect to have to pay.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

that was the reason I posted. To give some hope to people.

I know some will be more that a little annoyed that we have got our visa so quickly when they have been waiting so long.

We've booked flights to head back towards the end of next week to collect the BRP and will make our actual move in December. Thats an extra GBP 1,250 we didnt expect to have to pay.
Atleast you have the visa, so that money spent is not going to waste, could have been alot worse, could have had a refusal. I don't see why anyone would get annoyed at you, not you're fault that lady luck was shining down on you. Hopefully you're decision brings many more decisions to people that have been waiting.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Shocked is not the word! Just 5 working days to process the visa shows that it can be done. I expect I'm not the only one wondering what circumstances enabled it to be so quick, except that it didn't go to Sheffield?

Congratulations to you both my friend. Yes, this forum has been invaluable for me too over a number of years now, our daily regulars here are fantastically dedicated (thank you to you all).

We're at day 63 now, still waiting, no updates anywhere, it was a simple, straightforward, savings basis application in mid-June. All documents scanned. No chance of getting our Son started at school at the start of the term like we had hoped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.