Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:32 pm   #31
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyede View Post
Very good letter Ian I might be able to attend too if you manage to pull off a meeting with any of the above politicians
I am based in the Manchester area so I can attend also.
mystikal2k2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:00 pm   #32
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of biometrics: 19/04/2017
Place of biometrics: Banjul, The Gambia.
Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 21/04/2017.
Location constituency of sponsors MP: North Oxfordshire.
PaManjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 6:53 am   #33
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4v3d View Post
I guess they won't be using Apple Macs! Then again they could be, all that money they could each buy a Macbook and new iPhone X.
Why can't Siri run the UKVI Contact Centre? I asked her and she just searched the web for me on why she can't. Admittedly, that's more than the UKVI Contact Centre will do (they tell you to search their website).

I did ask her how many Apple Store geniuses does it take to screw in a lightbulb though.
mattthefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 8:17 am   #34
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthefat View Post
Why can't Siri run the UKVI Contact Centre? I asked her and she just searched the web for me on why she can't. Admittedly, that's more than the UKVI Contact Centre will do (they tell you to search their website).

I did ask her how many Apple Store geniuses does it take to screw in a lightbulb though.
I'm intrigued to know what the reply back was than
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:25 am   #35
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a is an unknown quantity at this point

i made a chart to visually see quickly who has been waiting the longest and see who is next in line to reach the 24 week mark and may receive news.
Attached Thumbnails
Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays-chart.png  
mystikal2k2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:32 am   #36
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a View Post
i made a chart to visually see quickly who has been waiting the longest and see who is next in line to reach the 24 week mark and may receive news.
Fingers crossed it is soon! I'm praying for all of us'
PinkDia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:01 am   #37
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4v3d View Post
I'm intrigued to know what the reply back was than
A thousand. One to screw it in, and 999 to blog about it.

Or

Why not just use the iPhone backlight?

On a separate point, I just received a request for payment of my daughter's IHS surcharge!! I received that immediately after the following email to which I said "WTF?!?" Fingers crossed this is a sign of positive things to come!

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:57 am   #38
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Quote:
A thousand. One to screw it in, and 999 to blog about it.

Or

Why not just use the iPhone backlight?

On a separate point, I just received a request for payment of my daughter's IHS surcharge!! I received that immediately after the following email to which I said "WTF?!?" Fingers crossed this is a sign of positive things to come!

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
H Matt did the HO send you your IHS reference number after payment. I got a reference number for my payment but not the former. i emailed the payment details to the IHS section so i guess they can pick it up from there.
garyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:03 pm   #39
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
H Matt did the HO send you your IHS reference number after payment. I got a reference number for my payment but not the former. i emailed the payment details to the IHS section so i guess they can pick it up from there.
Can confirm that in my case, they generated a new IHS reference number. But when I clicked on the link to make payment, my son's name was there. Yes, should email them both the origin and the new reference numbers.

When the deadline of payment passed, I clicked on the link again and was shocked to see the message like you have missed to make the payment within the given deadline. Got panicked for a second but when I called them, they confirmed that the payment had been recognised. Just in case you experience the same thing.
Rosy1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:06 pm   #40
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1910 View Post
Can confirm that in my case, they generated a new IHS reference number. But when I clicked on the link to make payment, my son's name was there. Yes, should email them both the origin and the new reference numbers.

When the deadline of payment passed, I clicked on the link again and was shocked to see the message like you have missed to make the payment within the given deadline. Got panicked for a second but when I called them, they confirmed that the payment had been recognised. Just in case you experience the same thing.
just received email from them confirming reference number, (which was within the transaction number) how am i supposed to know that!. Any how another hurdle circumvented!

Last edited by garyede; Sep 22nd 2017 at 12:07 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:09 pm   #41
Forum Regular

i will ring my MP again today to ask if he knows anymore and explain what i have done and thank him. At least this week some positive news for the weekend!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:16 pm   #42
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a View Post
wow that is impressive
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:21 pm   #43
Forum Regular

Quote:
Yes indeed. Here's I received it via email below. I included the IHS payment reference in my email back to [email protected], which included and IHSxxxxxxPAxx payment string with the year, month, date and time following. Is that correct?

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

Please retain for your records.

Thank you

The online payment for your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been safely and securely processed by WorldPay, on behalf of UK Visas & Immigration

(UKV&I). This payment will be shown on your card/ bank statement as 'Imm Health Surcharge'.

Transaction Reference

The transaction reference for your payment of AUD 1,020.00 is IHSxxxxxxxxxx|YYYY-MM-DDTTTTTTT. On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:22 pm   #44
Forum Regular

Quote:
i will ring my MP again today to ask if he knows anymore and explain what i have done and thank him. At least this week some positive news for the weekend!
Done that too!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:24 pm   #45
Forum Regular

Quote:
Yes indeed. Here's I received it via email below. I included the IHS payment reference in my email back to [email protected], which included and IHSxxxxxxPAxx payment string with the year, month, date and time following. Is that correct?

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

Please retain for your records.

Thank you

The online payment for your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been safely and securely processed by WorldPay, on behalf of UK Visas & Immigration

(UKV&I). This payment will be shown on your card/ bank statement as 'Imm Health Surcharge'.

Transaction Reference

The transaction reference for your payment of AUD 1,020.00 is IHSxxxxxxxxxx|YYYY-MM-DDTTTTTTT. On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.
yes that is correct

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)