Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:52 am   #16
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a View Post
Hi

I can see there is growing discontent on the MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread. thread

Looks like a lot of people are reaching the 120 working days (24 weeks) mark and we need all of those people to be identified and add throw their hat in to this thread so we have act as a collective very soon.

If we can all try and spot those who are 90 working days and over on the thread mentioned above. Can we please ask them to add their details on this thread so we can come together quickly if the time arrives.
Yes I agree the more the better. I am waiting for a call from my MP today after he give the HO a rollicking yesterday! I detect than even he is getting annoyed which is exactly what I want. I want to get to the bottom why our application is being ignored. Once I find out some facts it may explain a few others. Keep following my posts and I will let you know as soon as I receive any new information.

Last edited by garyede; Sep 21st 2017 at 10:55 am. Reason: bad grammar
garyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:24 am   #17
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

@garyeye: you did mention about IHS payment request for your daughter in the email to your MP. We paid promptly after received that email on 60th day, thought we might hear the decision after a few days. More than 3 weeks since, nothing!
Rosy1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:32 am   #18
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1910 View Post
@garyeye: you did mention about IHS payment request for your daughter in the email to your MP. We paid promptly after received that email on 60th day, thought we might hear the decision after a few days. More than 3 weeks since, nothing!
That is interesting because normally from all of the posts I have read the applicant who gets the email to pay the IHS fee has been successful and shortly after receive their visa. I am optimistic for you let me know if your successful. I would be surprised if you were asked to pay the fee when you are going to get a refusal because as you probably know a refusal means you get your IHS payment(s) back.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:32 am   #19
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been chasing the call centre through phone and email. I got this today:

Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).
Regards,
PinkDia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:36 am   #20
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyede View Post
That is interesting because normally from all of the posts I have read the applicant who gets the email to pay the IHS fee has been successful and shortly after receive their visa. I am optimistic for you let me know if your successful. I would be surprised if you were asked to pay the fee when you are going to get a refusal because as you probably know a refusal means you get your IHS payment(s) back.
We thought so too. Was so optimistic after making the payment then losing hope again after so long. We have never thought of a refusal as like most of us here we believe our case is very straight forward. But now we know, Home Office can be quite unpredictable. I am crossing fingers as well. Will let you know how we get on.
Rosy1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:39 am   #21
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDia View Post
I have been chasing the call centre through phone and email. I got this today:

Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Please note that we aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).
Regards,
Ah that old chest nut again! Vague, generic, disgusting!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:04 pm   #22
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gary, I am going to spend time on this over the weekend.

My MP called HO on Tuesday. They apparently gave cast iron guarantee that someone would call me with an update to my mobile from the HO parliamentary team. Nothing. I am going to fire off a very strong email this afternoon saying nothing of the promise in 48 hrs. (my MP naive? or just stalling?)

i am trying to get into the BBC. News night slammed Amber Rudd last night for the ongoing Afghan Asylum debacle.

Conservative party conference 1-4 October in Manchester ?????????
KernowIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:05 pm   #23
Forum Regular

from the chestnut.....

100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:06 pm   #24
Forum Regular

only a handful are in here currently. not enough in my opinion to cause a storm and vocal over Brexit in reality. Need more folk to post here over 90 days. in this format:

Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics

Date of email receipt from Sheffield

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP

I honestly believe if they miss the 100% in 120 days we need to be very well prepared..... the more the better
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:15 pm   #25
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah that old chest nut again! Vague, generic, disgusting!
I wonder if they use CTRL + C followed by CTRL + V.

I'd love to swear but probably end up getting kicked off here, so i won't. The treatment of the applicants is beyond a joke, it's criminal.
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:37 pm   #26
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4v3d View Post
I wonder if they use CTRL + C followed by CTRL + V.

I'd love to swear but probably end up getting kicked off here, so i won't. The treatment of the applicants is beyond a joke, it's criminal.
Ah now i know what pc you use! All of that money and effort we are being treat like imbeciles!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:44 pm   #27
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernowIan View Post
Hi Gary, I am going to spend time on this over the weekend.

My MP called HO on Tuesday. They apparently gave cast iron guarantee that someone would call me with an update to my mobile from the HO parliamentary team. Nothing. I am going to fire off a very strong email this afternoon saying nothing of the promise in 48 hrs. (my MP naive? or just stalling?)

i am trying to get into the BBC. News night slammed Amber Rudd last night for the ongoing Afghan Asylum debacle.

Conservative party conference 1-4 October in Manchester ?????????
Make sure you are firm and set the agenda, not the HO or your MP. Further keep your MP sweet thanking them for their intervention. Every one likes to be appreciated and they are your most powerful ally. Hopefully as individuals, a group and the selective use of our MP's we can get results for all of us. Stay positive onwards and upwards.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:06 pm   #28
Forum Regular

I just sent this to my MP. Scott Mann's office. Conservative. North Cornwall.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your call two days ago when you mentioned I should expect a call directly from Scott’s colleagues in the Home Office (Parliamentary section I think you said).

Unfortunately no such call has been forthcoming nor any email. [my wife] has now been waiting for 105 working days. The final target for the Home Office to meet is 120 Working Days. Quoted from their website:

100% of Applications will be processed within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

That is 120 working days, and for xxxxxxxxxx that falls on 12 October 2017.

Can I please now turn to a question raised in the House on Monday last by Mike Gapes:

Mike Gapes Labour/Co-operative, Ilford South
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many entry clearance applications for a (a) spouse and (b) fiancé have not been processed within 12 weeks in each of the last 12 months; and if she will make a statement.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...isas#g10258.r0

The answer provided by Brandon Lewis is an utter disgrace. It demonstrates the level of interest he and other ministers have in the issue at hand. Unfortunately my four year old son is unable to comprehend the negligence, and the State enforced separation that the incompetence in Sheffield has caused. My wife has been without her passport since 25 April!

I am very mindful that Scott’s diary is full months in advance, but I once again ask you to please, please put this in front of him personally without any further delay. I am happy to travel to London to meet him. I am happy to meet him and Brandon Lewis and Amber Rudd in Manchester 1-4 October. A number of us are planning to go to Manchester if invited, and given Newsnight’s slamming of Amber Rudd last night we are hopeful of an audience of sorts. Sky news are also showing an interest. I believe an article will appear in the Guardian either this weekend or next.

Any further assistance that Scott can please provide in reuniting my wife with her son and her husband will be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:11 pm   #29
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah now i know what pc you use! All of that money and effort we are being treat like imbeciles!
I guess they won't be using Apple Macs! Then again they could be, all that money they could each buy a Macbook and new iPhone X.
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:27 pm   #30
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernowIan View Post
I just sent this to my MP. Scott Mann's office. Conservative. North Cornwall.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your call two days ago when you mentioned I should expect a call directly from Scott’s colleagues in the Home Office (Parliamentary section I think you said).

Unfortunately no such call has been forthcoming nor any email. [my wife] has now been waiting for 105 working days. The final target for the Home Office to meet is 120 Working Days. Quoted from their website:

100% of Applications will be processed within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

That is 120 working days, and for xxxxxxxxxx that falls on 12 October 2017.

Can I please now turn to a question raised in the House on Monday last by Mike Gapes:

Mike Gapes Labour/Co-operative, Ilford South
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many entry clearance applications for a (a) spouse and (b) fiancé have not been processed within 12 weeks in each of the last 12 months; and if she will make a statement.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...isas#g10258.r0

The answer provided by Brandon Lewis is an utter disgrace. It demonstrates the level of interest he and other ministers have in the issue at hand. Unfortunately my four year old son is unable to comprehend the negligence, and the State enforced separation that the incompetence in Sheffield has caused. My wife has been without her passport since 25 April!

I am very mindful that Scott’s diary is full months in advance, but I once again ask you to please, please put this in front of him personally without any further delay. I am happy to travel to London to meet him. I am happy to meet him and Brandon Lewis and Amber Rudd in Manchester 1-4 October. A number of us are planning to go to Manchester if invited, and given Newsnight’s slamming of Amber Rudd last night we are hopeful of an audience of sorts. Sky news are also showing an interest. I believe an article will appear in the Guardian either this weekend or next.

Any further assistance that Scott can please provide in reuniting my wife with her son and her husband will be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Very good letter Ian I might be able to attend too if you manage to pull off a meeting with any of the above politicians

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)