Need information if I can apply for Ancestry visa.

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Tyron.green is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need information if I can apply for Ancestry visa.

Hi there I am born south african.I have recently found out found out that my father's father was born in south africa but his parents were from England.My grandfather was adopted by the green family which was charles edmand andrew green.My grandfather was Howard shuttleworth and was born in 1909 October 09.Nobody knows my granfathers parents.

Can someone please tell me if I can get an Ancestry visa .I want to move to scottland with my 2 kids and wife.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 6:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need information if I can apply for Ancestry visa.

You need to have at least one grandparent born in the UK to qualify for an UK Ancestry visa.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tyron.green
Hi there I am born south african.I have recently found out found out that my father's father was born in south africa but his parents were from England.My grandfather was adopted by the green family which was charles edmand andrew green.My grandfather was Howard shuttleworth and was born in 1909 October 09.Nobody knows my granfathers parents.

Can someone please tell me if I can get an Ancestry visa .I want to move to scottland with my 2 kids and wife.
Welcome to the forum

For an ancestry visa you need a UK born grandparent, not great grandparent unfortunately.

However you might like to enter your family history on both sides in this free assessment to see if any options comes up. Sometimes births in ex colonies and depending on other factors may entitle descendents to British nationality.

https://www.whatpassport.com/
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

From my understanding my grandads dad was from england.can I still qualify for a Ancestry visa
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

No.... having an English born GREAT grandfather does not make you eligible.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

From my understanding my grandads dad was from england.can I still qualify for a Ancestry visa
Unfortunately it has to be a grandparent only.

this is the official link

https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa

There may be other routes open to you to emigrate.. work visa ( Tier 2) There is a shortage occupation list...
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ccupation-list

You could get in touch with 1stcontact .com to go over your options.
https://www.1stcontact.com/visas/uk-visas/tier-2-visa

They have offices in Cape town and are registered to do UK visas and Australian visas. if you want to get out of South Africa., Australia offers a quicker path to citizenship than the UK and they have a requirement for skilled workers in many industries.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Ancestral Visa Great Grandparents

Hi there my grandparents were from england.I want to go to the UK and live there.I have read that I can't get a ancestry visa under my great grandparent's. I did however read what you have put up.you stated if he went to university or studied then I could getthe ancestry visa.please give me information on how to check if he has studied there .if I get my grandparents information full birth certificate will it show all the details.

How do I get adoption papers if my grandad was deceased in south africa and his parents were from england.someone else has adopted him .can I get a visa under adoption.

Last edited by Tyron.green; Oct 30th 2017 at 8:39 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 8:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there my grandparents were from england.I want to go to the UK and live there.I have read that I can't get a ancestry visa under my great grandparent's. I did however read what you have put up.you stated if he went to university or studied then I could getthe ancestry visa.please give me information on how to check if he has studied there .if I get my grandparents information full birth certificate will it show all the details.

How do I get adoption papers if my grandad was deceased in south africa and his parents were from england.someone else has adopted him .can I get a visa under adoption.
As per your previous posts your great-grandparents were born in the UK but not your grandparents. Unless you have a UK-born grandparent you won't qualify for a UK Ancestry visa. The exceptions that Pulaski mentioned were for British citizenship being passed down beyond the first generation born overseas as a result of the relevant parent being in Crown service at the time.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to understand what you are saying.If my grandfather was born in england and has british citizenship and have studied there will I be eligible for Ancestry visa.

Please could you point me into the right direction on how can I do this.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:16 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to understand what you are saying.If my grandfather was born in england and has british citizenship and have studied there will I be eligible for Ancestry visa.

Please could you point me into the right direction on how can I do this.
If your grandfather was born in the UK then you will be eligible for a UK Ancestry visa providing you are a Commonwealth citizen. Where he studied would be irrelevant. However in your previous posts you said that your grandfather was not born in the UK but was adopted by UK-born parents. That wouldn't be sufficient for you to qualify for an UK Ancestry visa.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:18 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Confusing.

I will move these posts Tyron.Green and the responses into the original thread you started. Helps keep it straightforward for you and everyone.

Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

I was reading someone else post recently and they mentioned that if they get all the birth certificates from their grandparents and great grandparent's then they should stand a chance of getting an Ancestry visa

I am a qualified welder would be able to apply for a work visa or must I have a sponsored offer first.
Is there a list of companies that are acredited to apply from.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I was reading someone else post recently and they mentioned that if they get all the birth certificates from their grandparents and great grandparent's then they should stand a chance of getting an Ancestry visa

I am a qualified welder would be able to apply for a work visa or must I have a sponsored offer first.
1 - Are you an NZ citizen ?
2 - Do you know who all 4 of your grandparents were?
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have already been told that, as you don't have a grandparent born in the UK you are not eligible for an Ancestry visa. You previously said your father's father (your grandfather was born in South Africa and that your grandfather's father (your great grandfather) was born in the UK

You don't stand any chance if you do not have a UK born grandparent.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Oct 30th 2017 at 9:54 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

I live in New zealand now not south africa.I want relocate from NZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.