Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by garyede
i have just received some positive news. Home office has just sent an email to pay the IHS fee for our daughter. I mentioned this to my MP in my letter so i reckon my MP,s intervention
is helping our case and is slowly chipping away and pushing them to get their finger out.
Same here tonight!!! Also had MP chase up again yesterday.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dr038293
Does anyone know how long it takes roughly for your passport to be returned after the decision is made?
While I was on the phone to UKVI I totally forgot to ask after the shock of being told a decision been made as I wasn't expecting it.
I got in touch with TLS contact to ask if they had any information about this as I'd received no correspondence from them and their so called 'real time online tracker' shows we are basically still in the queue. They said they have not yet received the passport back for processing. The decision must have been made between Monday and Wednesday this week.

Just out of curiosity...the UKVI helpline can't have told us the wrong info about thr status our application can they? It's just I've seen folk collect their passports just days after receiving notification their decision had been made. Just fretting a bit!
UKVI's performance standard is 10 working days, after which you can escalate. My migration agent has seen 3-5 working days for clients here in Australia.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Bit of good news, I called yesterday on the 30th working day and they said they are going to escalate the application (priority). I also replied to previous emails, good trick is to just reply to emails not pay again.

I also got couple emails back saying;

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

Your query will now be escalated. Please allow 20 working days for the escalation to be processed.

Any had the same email?
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by mattthefat
A thousand. One to screw it in, and 999 to blog about it.

Or

Why not just use the iPhone backlight?

On a separate point, I just received a request for payment of my daughter's IHS surcharge!! I received that immediately after the following email to which I said "WTF?!?" Fingers crossed this is a sign of positive things to come!

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
H Matt did the HO send you your IHS reference number after payment. I got a reference number for my payment but not the former. i emailed the payment details to the IHS section so i guess they can pick it up from there.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

UKVI's performance standard is 10 working days, after which you can escalate. My migration agent has seen 3-5 working days for clients here in Australia.
Thank you Matt! Ours is being sent to his home address by courier as he doesn't live on mainland Spain too so could take a while, unfortunately
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

H Matt did the HO send you your IHS reference number after payment. I got a reference number for my payment but not the former. i emailed the payment details to the IHS section so i guess they can pick it up from there.
Can confirm that in my case, they generated a new IHS reference number. But when I clicked on the link to make payment, my son's name was there. Yes, should email them both the origin and the new reference numbers.

When the deadline of payment passed, I clicked on the link again and was shocked to see the message like you have missed to make the payment within the given deadline. Got panicked for a second but when I called them, they confirmed that the payment had been recognised. Just in case you experience the same thing.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Can confirm that in my case, they generated a new IHS reference number. But when I clicked on the link to make payment, my son's name was there. Yes, should email them both the origin and the new reference numbers.

When the deadline of payment passed, I clicked on the link again and was shocked to see the message like you have missed to make the payment within the given deadline. Got panicked for a second but when I called them, they confirmed that the payment had been recognised. Just in case you experience the same thing.
just received email from them confirming reference number, (which was within the transaction number) how am i supposed to know that!. Any how another hurdle circumvented!

Last edited by garyede; Sep 22nd 2017 at 12:07 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

i will ring my MP again today to ask if he knows anymore and explain what i have done and thank him. At least this week some positive news for the weekend!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
i made a chart to visually see quickly who has been waiting the longest and see who is next in line to reach the 24 week mark and may receive news.
wow that is impressive
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yes indeed. Here's I received it via email below. I included the IHS payment reference in my email back to [email protected], which included and IHSxxxxxxPAxx payment string with the year, month, date and time following. Is that correct?

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

Please retain for your records.

Thank you

The online payment for your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been safely and securely processed by WorldPay, on behalf of UK Visas & Immigration

(UKV&I). This payment will be shown on your card/ bank statement as 'Imm Health Surcharge'.

Transaction Reference

The transaction reference for your payment of AUD 1,020.00 is IHSxxxxxxxxxx|YYYY-MM-DDTTTTTTT. On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

i will ring my MP again today to ask if he knows anymore and explain what i have done and thank him. At least this week some positive news for the weekend!
Done that too!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yes indeed. Here's I received it via email below. I included the IHS payment reference in my email back to [email protected], which included and IHSxxxxxxPAxx payment string with the year, month, date and time following. Is that correct?

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

Please retain for your records.

Thank you

The online payment for your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been safely and securely processed by WorldPay, on behalf of UK Visas & Immigration

(UKV&I). This payment will be shown on your card/ bank statement as 'Imm Health Surcharge'.

Transaction Reference

The transaction reference for your payment of AUD 1,020.00 is IHSxxxxxxxxxx|YYYY-MM-DDTTTTTTT. On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.
yes that is correct
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife has been following a forum where one applicants MP spoke verbally to a representative of the HO.
She was told that some applications have been taking time due to issues with the TB testing and checking authenticity of the English test certificates?
The applicant posted a photo of the letter response from MP to sponsor. Make of that what you will, apparently they never went into grave detail on these "issues" and only verbally this was said, any written reply to there previous emails regarding there status never mentioned any of the above 🤔
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andsa
My wife has been following a forum where one applicants MP spoke verbally to a representative of the HO.
She was told that some applications have been taking time due to issues with the TB testing and checking authenticity of the English test certificates?
The applicant posted a photo of the letter response from MP to sponsor. Make of that what you will, apparently they never went into grave detail on these "issues" and only verbally this was said, any written reply to there previous emails regarding there status never mentioned any of the above 🤔
That is interesting. In some countries like the Philippines there is a lot of fraud. Evidently they can get anything copied. Hope my wife hasn't,t spent my dosh (money) and had hers done!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

That is interesting. In some countries like the Philippines there is a lot of fraud. Evidently they can get anything copied. Hope my wife hasn't,t spent my dosh (money) and had hers done!
Haha. I'll let mine go over 60 days then start the investigation with my wife 😂

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.