Settlement Visa - Decision

Old Jun 18th 2013, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

VictoriaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Settlement Visa - Decision

Hello -

I was hoping someone can shed some light on an email that I received. I sent in settlement applications for myself & my son. They requested additional information which I sent in. A few days later I received this email:

A decision has been made on Your UK visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the visa processing centre in Sheffield, UK.

Is this a good sign? A bad sign?

My husband & I are nervous and just want to know if we were approved or not. . . .

Thanks for you help!
Victoria
Old Jun 18th 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement Visa - Decision

Originally Posted by VictoriaR

My husband & I are nervous and just want to know if we were approved or not. . . .
You will find out when you receive the letter in the mail. The email is normal, either way.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:06 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Hello -

I was hoping someone can shed some light on an email that I received. I sent in settlement applications for myself & my son. They requested additional information which I sent in. A few days later I received this email:

A decision has been made on Your UK visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the visa processing centre in Sheffield, UK.

Thanks for you help!
Victoria
good luck
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for the replies! I decided to email the UKBA Visa Sheffield office directly. I knew it was a long shot that they would get back to me but they did in fact respond to my email. My son and I were approved for our settlement visas! We couldnt be happier - actually we will be once we have them in hand.

Thanks again!
Victoria
Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 9:35 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for the replies! I decided to email the UKBA Visa Sheffield office directly. I knew it was a long shot that they would get back to me but they did in fact respond to my email. My son and I were approved for our settlement visas! We couldnt be happier - actually we will be once we have them in hand.

Thanks again!
Victoria
Thats fantastic news, well done.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!!!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all!
Old Oct 18th 2013, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Emilx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again!
Victoria
If you're still around VictoriaR, congrats - what address did you email to find out? I just got the exact same email
Old Oct 28th 2013, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Nurka is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to Victoria, good luck on your future live!

dear all advisers I will use this opportunity to ask you for any advice on my case,

The day of my appointment in British Embassy in Prishtina/Kosovo was May 13, 2013 and I have applied for spouse visa!as per home office webpage it takes 3 months (for settlement visas) to process the application, and if they have not published a news story to explain the delay, I can contact WorldBridge to find out what is happening!They will not respond to my enquiry if I contact them before this time has elapsed. after this time I call them and ask them ,during the same day (On the August 22, 2013) I have received an email from Visa Section, Warsaw/Poland requesting to submit some additional Documents, which i have scanned and sent to them on September 03,2013!.... I'm still waiting for answer , I haven't been called or informed nothing yet!Today it already 24 weeks from the time that I have applied and as per home office rules I should be informed!
Below is the Visa Processing times Kosovo
Service standards

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in Kosovo. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date; and
95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date.

Please note that we define one week as 5 working days.

I appreciate any advice and help from you !This waiting time is killing me!
Old Oct 29th 2013, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

You can always try calling Worldbridge again. Unless you can get hold of a suitable member of the visa team at the consulate which is processing your visa then that's pretty much your only option.

Over the years it has become harder and harder to get a member of the visa department on the phone, but if push comes to shove a cold call starting with "I'm a British Citizen living in xxxx and need your help ..." may work. Formal policy is that they can't talk to you and that's been the case for many years. At the end of the day though most ;-) ECOs are real people and can empathise.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Nurka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
You can always try calling Worldbridge again. Unless you can get hold of a suitable member of the visa team at the consulate which is processing your visa then that's pretty much your only option.

Over the years it has become harder and harder to get a member of the visa department on the phone, but if push comes to shove a cold call starting with "I'm a British Citizen living in xxxx and need your help ..." may work. Formal policy is that they can't talk to you and that's been the case for many years. At the end of the day though most ;-) ECOs are real people and can empathise.
thanks a lot englishguygoinghome for your quick reply!

In this case do you think that if my husband (British citizen) contact them, he will get better answer than me?

thanks again
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

With worldbridge - probably, with the consulate - definitely
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:29 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Why not email the same email you sent the additional documents to . remind them you applied when you applied and ask why it is taking them so long. do it yourself as you are the applicant
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Why not email the same email you sent the additional documents to . remind them you applied when you applied and ask why it is taking them so long. do it yourself as you are the applicant
Interesting - I've always found that when I contacted someone (by phone), as a British Citizen and sponsor, I got a far better reponse that my wife did as a foreign applicant. I guess everyone has different experiences, maybe that's geographical?

I guess there is a good chance that only the applicant would get an email reply - any refusal to reply to the sponsor probably citing vague "data protection" reasons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.