Self employed abroad

Old Sep 12th 2016, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

matthewperu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self employed abroad

Hi everyone,

I currently work independently abroad. I live in Peru, and pay taxes here according to local laws, but I actually work remotely for a US company.

My earnings are above the threshold of 18,600, but I am not sure if self employment from abroad is accepted. I see no mention of it on their requirements.

I was hoping with one tax years of self employment abroad, plus a job offer to begin within 3 months of arrival in the UK, I would be ok.

But seems that might not be the case? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 12th 2016, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self employed abroad

Yes it can be used......

Read the following document (Appendix FM-SE) carefully particularly Paragraphs 1 cc; 7 and 8

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

There is a great deal of documentation which has to be presented to prove adequate income under self employment, and that for overseas self employment must be equivalent to that for UK self employment evidence.