Return envelope for documents from Sheffield

Old Feb 21st 2018, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Auswifey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Return envelope for documents from Sheffield

Hi all

Can someone please clarify this for me.
I am required to send my supporting docs to Sheffield from Sydney Australia.
I have to enclose a prepaid envelope so the documents are sent back to me when they are finished. As I want them back to me in Sydney, do I have to pay for an international satchel so they send it back from Sheffield?
Or will a domestic prepaid envelope suffice? Not sure if the docs go back to the visa centre in Sydney then redirected to me?

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2018, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return envelope for documents from Sheffield

You will have to pay for international courier service to return from UK to Australia.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not want to use the scanning service from Sydney? There should be one available to you from anywhere in Australia.

I applied in Adelaide and was given two options: 1) send passport and forms to Sydney (and post supporting docs to Sheffield) or 2) send everything to Sydney, supporting docs would be scanned (and originals returned in supplied envelope) and passport would be returned later in another supplied envelope.

I did this option (paying the extra scanning fee) and did send two envelopes (pre-paid) so they could return my original docs post scanning. In the end they didn't bother sending the originals and these were returned with my passports once the visa had been issued - so the extra envelope was a waste in this case.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Auswifey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prospect
Do you not want to use the scanning service from Sydney? There should be one available to you from anywhere in Australia.

I applied in Adelaide and was given two options: 1) send passport and forms to Sydney (and post supporting docs to Sheffield) or 2) send everything to Sydney, supporting docs would be scanned (and originals returned in supplied envelope) and passport would be returned later in another supplied envelope.

I did this option (paying the extra scanning fee) and did send two envelopes (pre-paid) so they could return my original docs post scanning. In the end they didn't bother sending the originals and these were returned with my passports once the visa had been issued - so the extra envelope was a waste in this case.
We don’t have this option. In Sydney we attend the office to have biometrics done and leave your passport there. But all other supporting docs must be sent to Sheffield.
Old May 8th 2018, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

nzgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Auswifey, can you advise how you dealt with this issue? I am applying from NZ at the moment and NZPost doesn't provide a pre-paid return envelope service!

The instructions I have received so far are to send my passport and application form to NZ and all supporting documents to Sheffield.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

AnnieBananie is an unknown quantity at this point

We are having the same issue. The email hubby received said the prepaid envelope is for returning documents to the sponsor’s UK address, but I’m also still in Australia!

Exactly how you’re meant to arrange a prepaid envelope from a country you don’t yet reside in is a bit puzzling....🤔
Also when hubby did his biometrics in Brisbane they said they don’t scan documents any more, you have to post them to Sheffield yourself.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 12th 2018 at 12:28 pm. Reason: There's an edit button if you think of something you want to add just after posting.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieBananie
We are having the same issue. The email hubby received said the prepaid envelope is for returning documents to the sponsor’s UK address, but I’m also still in Australia!

Exactly how you’re meant to arrange a prepaid envelope from a country you don’t yet reside in is a bit puzzling....🤔
Also when hubby did his biometrics in Brisbane they said they don’t scan documents any more, you have to post them to Sheffield yourself.
Hi AnnieBananie,

Could I ask how you went about it in the end? I'm applying from Perth and facing the same issue. Also, did you use AusPost to send the documents to Sheffield - and they do deliver to a PO box address?

Thanks!

Last edited by em28; Jul 23rd 2018 at 3:36 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 5:24 am
Just Joined

cattyk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi em28,
I applied from Melbourne.

I had bought a prepaid Royal Mail special delivery bag before I left the UK and sent my docs from Melbourne via DHL to my husband in the UK who then forwarded it via Royal Mail Special Delivery to the PO Box in Sheffield.
Then they used the prepaid special delivery bag and returned my supporting docs within 3 business days of delivery confirmation. All the courier companies in Australia that I spoke to wouldn't deliver to the PO box so it was the only solution I could think of. Took 3 days (2 DHL & 1 RM) to be delivered from Melb to the PO box.

Last edited by cattyk; Aug 2nd 2018 at 5:37 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Return envelope for documents from Sheffield

Thanks cattyk,

We might have to do something similar as I am not too keen on using Auspost to send originals.
A bit trickier since both of us are here in Perth, and plan to fly back together.

I found out from UPS that I could print out a prepaid label to send with the application so that we can get our documents delivered back to us here in Oz, but they wouldn't deliver to a PO Box.
Did you apply with the Priority service? I had my fingers crossed they would give us a physical address if we did so that we could send the documents by courier, but that's just me being optimistic!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Aus post use DHL as their courier service anyway so I thought it better to go directly to them.

Do you have any friends that could forward it onto the PO box for you if UPS delivered to them? I was thinking about sending it to the various physical addresses I've come across in various forums but in the end, I didn't want to mess with the process as I'm quite desperate to be back in the UK!

I've applied with priority service but the Australia VFS website only gave me a PO box address.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cattyk
Aus post use DHL as their courier service anyway so I thought it better to go directly to them.

Do you have any friends that could forward it onto the PO box for you if UPS delivered to them? I was thinking about sending it to the various physical addresses I've come across in various forums but in the end, I didn't want to mess with the process as I'm quite desperate to be back in the UK!

I've applied with priority service but the Australia VFS website only gave me a PO box address.
That's true. But the Auspost courier service doesn't deliver to PO boxes and I would have to use Express - which their website states will deliver to PO Boxes for documents (500g or less), but not for parcels (over 500g) and there's no way that the application pack will weigh less than 500g. The staff at the post office did say that they would deliver to a PO Box even if it weighed more than 500g... but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

We do have some friends in the UK and I will courier the application pack to him for him to then send it on through Royal Mail. Quite a tedious process! Oh well..
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by em28
That's true. But the Auspost courier service doesn't deliver to PO boxes and I would have to use Express - which their website states will deliver to PO Boxes for documents (500g or less), but not for parcels (over 500g) and there's no way that the application pack will weigh less than 500g. The staff at the post office did say that they would deliver to a PO Box even if it weighed more than 500g... but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

We do have some friends in the UK and I will courier the application pack to him for him to then send it on through Royal Mail. Quite a tedious process! Oh well..
Ha yeah, my package was 1.2kg with copies of my originals included..

It's tedious but at least you'll be able to track the package from Aus to the final destination - it's worth it for that peace of mind. Good luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Return envelope for documents from Sheffield

Originally Posted by cattyk
Ha yeah, my package was 1.2kg with copies of my originals included..

It's tedious but at least you'll be able to track the package from Aus to the final destination - it's worth it for that peace of mind. Good luck!
It definitely is.. since I've heard that they don't always send out an acknowledgement. Good luck to you too... Hope they keep to their 30 day timeline!
Old Aug 10th 2018, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

fijinz77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nzgirl
Hi Auswifey, can you advise how you dealt with this issue? I am applying from NZ at the moment and NZPost doesn't provide a pre-paid return envelope service!

The instructions I have received so far are to send my passport and application form to NZ and all supporting documents to Sheffield.

Thanks in advance!
I applied from New Zealand also. I applied online, and it didn't say that to have the supporting documents and passport returned I needed to provide a pre-paid return envelope.

NZ Post told me they can't arrange it and either DHL or FedEx provide this service.

My husband (who is UK citizen) has already gone back to the UK to set up in anticipation of me and he has provided a UK Royal Mail return envelope for the supporting documents.

UKVI has made a decision last week, and emailed me to advise that they need an Air WayBill provided to be able to return my passport. So i've arranged this through FedEx to courier my passport back to NZ, but it doesn't look like it's left the UK.

It's been escalated with UKVI and am waiting to hear back from them.

So frustrating, I just want my passport and fingers crossed my visa is approved and can be with my husband.

Good luck everyone.
Old Aug 26th 2018, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

kiwigal89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Fijinz77, did your passport come through? I am still waiting on mine, applied from Auckland, Priority, on 36 working days. Would just be interested to know if you've received yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.