Renewal of Spousal Sponsorship Visa - When to apply?

Old Oct 29th 2017, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

hopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of light
Default Renewal of Spousal Sponsorship Visa - When to apply?

Hi everyone!

My Canadian husband has been in the UK now for over 2 years and his renewal will be coming up soon (visa expires on 7th Feb 18).

Now, the gov.uk website states that:
When you can apply to extend or switch
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission (called ‘leave to remain’) expires. Any time you have left will be added to your new permission to stay, up to a maximum of 28 days.
However, just above it also says that visa processing times are currently "within 8 weeks if you apply in the UK"

Do you think these processing times just apply to the first stage of the visa (not renewals) and that renewals are guaranteed within 28 days?

It makes me really anxious to think we won't be able to apply for the renewal until January!
Old Oct 29th 2017, 4:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of Spousal Sponsorship Visa - When to apply?

Your husband's application is unlikely to be processed within 28 days but he can remain legally in the UK whilst a decision is being made even if this is after the expiry date of his current visa.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bit confused. I thought we could apply for renewal after 2.5 years? My visa on the Resident Permit expires on22/09/19 which calculates as 33 months. Does that mean I can only apply to renew 28 days before the end of that date and not sooner? Also it seems we have to send our application to Durham. So is it still a delay via Durham?
Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

hopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your husband's application is unlikely to be processed within 28 days but he can remain legally in the UK whilst a decision is being made even if this is after the expiry date of his current visa.
Thanks - that's super helpful to know! And also quite surprising.

I'm honestly baffled as to why you can't just apply a bit earlier and get it through in time.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Because of the financial requirements.

Income evidence cannot be more than 28 days old - they would like you be earning when you apply, not based on some earlier income which you might not be receiving.