what do I need to return to UK with now American family

Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

sandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to allsandrareay is a name known to all
Default what do I need to return to UK with now American family

Hi everybody. I've been wading through the immigration websites forever. Maybe I'm just a bit slow, but I can't find what I need.
I am a UK citizen, born & raised. My husband and our 2 yr old daughter are USA citizens. I really want to go home, USA is not the place for me. What forms do I need to submit to get my husband and daughter home with me. We've been together for 4 years and married for three.
thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do I need to return to UK with now American family

Originally Posted by sandrareay
Hi everybody. I've been wading through the immigration websites forever. Maybe I'm just a bit slow, but I can't find what I need.
I am a UK citizen, born & raised. My husband and our 2 yr old daughter are USA citizens. I really want to go home, USA is not the place for me. What forms do I need to submit to get my husband and daughter home with me. We've been together for 4 years and married for three.
http://www.britainusa.com/visas/

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/show...65010&L1=41000
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.uk-yankee.com/

More for your Husband.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:04 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Also look at the "Moving Back to the UK" board on this website! There are dozens of permanent links in the 'sticky' section at the top of the 'Moving Back' board eg. child benefit info, how to register for a doctor, National Insurance numbers etc.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Your daughter might already be a UK citizen, so she's probably just needs a passport.

It's a simple and quick process, if not cheap.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Husband : Start at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk
He can become a naturalised British citizen after 3 years in the UK. Dual citizenship is allowed.

Daughter : If you were born in the UK, she's already a British citizen (by descent). Just get her a British-style birth certificate and British passport at the Embassy.

You : Even though you say the USA is not the place for you, you might want to think about the pros and cons of becoming a US citizen before you leave. What would you do in 20-25 years if your child moved back the US and you wanted to live close to her (or even spend extended vacations) in the US? You husband might not always be around to sponsor you for a green card again (eg, over that timescale you could become a widow etc).
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:08 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all

You really should listen to what JAJ said and get your US citizenship before you leave. There are so many unknowns out there that in 3 or 4 years you could change your mind and want to return to the US........what harm is there in getting your US citizenship especially if worse comes to worse and your husband fails to settle in the UK as you have in the US.