Questions regarding job offer for UK spouse visa

Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Scoobasteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions regarding job offer for UK spouse visa

Hello,

My partner (UK/Australian citizen) and myself (Australian) are about to apply for a spouse visa. We believe we meet all the requirements and have both earned more than enough to meet financial requirement A.

Our query is for the job offer. My partner is a radiographer and has signed up with a locum agency in the UK. There are plenty of job offers paying well but as the visa application process can take so long we are unsure about securing a locum position so far in advance. Would a job offer from a locum agency meet the requirements?
Old Nov 14th 2017, 6:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions regarding job offer for UK spouse visa

Originally Posted by Scoobasteve
Hello,

My partner (UK/Australian citizen) and myself (Australian) are about to apply for a spouse visa. We believe we meet all the requirements and have both earned more than enough to meet financial requirement A.

Our query is for the job offer. My partner is a radiographer and has signed up with a locum agency in the UK. There are plenty of job offers paying well but as the visa application process can take so long we are unsure about securing a locum position so far in advance. Would a job offer from a locum agency meet the requirements?
I suspect not, the job offer has to show that he/she will be earning of the £18600 a year, not sure how locum agencies can prove it.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I suspect not, the job offer has to show that he/she will be earning of the £18600 a year, not sure how locum agencies can prove it.
Makes sense. I assume the hospital providing the job would have to. My other question would be in relation to the threshold. If a job offer was for say, four months, would the £18600 need to be earned in that time period? Thanks for your reply.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scoobasteve
Makes sense. I assume the hospital providing the job would have to. My other question would be in relation to the threshold. If a job offer was for say, four months, would the £18600 need to be earned in that time period? Thanks for your reply.
No, if you have been earning the right money where you are, all you need is a job offer, which will be checked, with earnings of >£18,600, there really isn't any need for you to actually work there, but the offer does have to be genuine.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No, if you have been earning the right money where you are, all you need is a job offer, which will be checked, with earnings of >£18,600, there really isn't any need for you to actually work there, but the offer does have to be genuine.
OK great. Thanks very much for your reply.