Question regarding the accommodation requirement

Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Niende is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding the accommodation requirement

Hi,

I am applying for a spouse visa to join my wife in the UK. We are in the midst of gathering our paperwork and have encountered a snag regarding the accommodation section of the requirements:

My wife is currently a Junior doctor in the foundation training programme which lasts two years.
She lives in Brighton with a a friend of hers and works in the hospital there. At the end of the year (July) she has been assigned to work in a Hospital in East Surrey and we are planning on renting a place in South London together. We do not have this accommodation sorted out yet as you usually start looking a month or so before the move-in date. Her current flatmate is happy for me to move in whilst we are looking for a new place.
The issue is providing proof of accommodation past July. We are planning on explaining all this in a supporting letter and add it to the accommodation section of our application together with a letter from her landlord giving permission for me to stay in the current Brighton property until the end of the contract.
Would this suffice?
Old Feb 6th 2018, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question regarding the accommodation requirement

Pretty sure Home Office aren't so bothered about the length of time that will be spent in the accommodation, more about the space, contracts, proof of people living there etc.

I've never seen anywhere it written that your contract must be a minimum amount of months for example.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding the accommodation requirement

Originally Posted by Niende
Hi,

I am applying for a spouse visa to join my wife in the UK. We are in the midst of gathering our paperwork and have encountered a snag regarding the accommodation section of the requirements:

My wife is currently a Junior doctor in the foundation training programme which lasts two years.
She lives in Brighton with a a friend of hers and works in the hospital there. At the end of the year (July) she has been assigned to work in a Hospital in East Surrey and we are planning on renting a place in South London together. We do not have this accommodation sorted out yet as you usually start looking a month or so before the move-in date. Her current flatmate is happy for me to move in whilst we are looking for a new place.
The issue is providing proof of accommodation past July. We are planning on explaining all this in a supporting letter and add it to the accommodation section of our application together with a letter from her landlord giving permission for me to stay in the current Brighton property until the end of the contract.
Would this suffice?
This should be fine as many people stay in temporary accommodation when they arrive or with family or friends before finding long term.
however in a property of multi occupancy you will need to provide evidence of number of bedrooms ( as Gov want to avoid overcrowding).
you could ask the current flatmate to ask the estate agents /and or landlord( if they rent) to confirm or enclose provide( plan ) or details of the space available.