Progress for those with the October 31st e-mail

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Hatchman85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Progress for those with the October 31st e-mail

Evening all,

I just wanted to create a thread to check the progress for those who received the October 31st e-mail!

We are on 80 days from the Dominican Republic, we have involved my MP after she was robbed at gunpoint in her home. We had hoped the MP would help speed it up but no luck and now just clinging to the hope that some of us October 31ster's start getting some results!
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Progress for those with the October 31st e-mail

Robbed at gunpoint? Who's the MP?

Not seen anything in the press about that.

I'm sure I've seen one or two that have had that email but few days later get the visa. Seen some on other forums and then on Facebook groups.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

We received that email on 25 October. Then decision made on 29 October (82 days). Passports and visas collected on 2 October.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Hatchman85 is an unknown quantity at this point

The MP is Neil Parish, his constituency is Tiverton and Homiton. It wasn't in the UK press as it happened in the Dominican and unfortunately it's not that uncommon over there so wouldn't make news to them. It's pleasing to hear some people are at least getting news, gives the rest of us something to cling to!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hatchman85
The MP is Neil Parish, his constituency is Tiverton and Homiton. It wasn't in the UK press as it happened in the Dominican and unfortunately it's not that uncommon over there so wouldn't make news to them. It's pleasing to hear some people are at least getting news, gives the rest of us something to cling to!
At first I thought you meant the MP had been robbed at gunpoint, but I assume you mean your wife. Hope she's ok and all the best with your application.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

We got the "busy period...31st October" email on 26th Sept.
Application from Shanghai. Savings route, straight-forward, docs scanned to Sheffield.
Nothing since.
Waiting for a meeting with my local MP.
76 days today and counting... :-(