Pregnant Spouse - Visa submission timing

Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:23 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice
Default Pregnant Spouse - Visa submission timing

Hi All,

My wife is due in May, we are moving back from USA to UK at a date T.B.C, trying to decide if before or after the birth. Specific question:

-If we wait to have baby in USA do we have to wait for the passport etc for the child before SUBMITTING the application, i.e - could we submit the application before birth in advance (say February) so we can move quickly after the birth, or is the child a component of my wife's application? (child will be a Brit by birth). Realizing they recommend a 3 month period from application to when you move.

Thank You
Richard B
Old Oct 15th 2017, 10:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant Spouse - Visa submission timing

If they are born in the US then your children will be a US citizen by birth but a British citizen by descent if you were born in the UK. Probably best to submit your wife's application in April and set your intended arrival date in July. That way you don't have to mention your child on the application but there's still time to organise their US and British passports before your 30 day travel window expires. You should also think about acquiring US citizenship for yourself and any non-US citizen children if you are eligible.

Last edited by BritInParis; Oct 15th 2017 at 10:08 pm.