Post Office Documentation Certification Service

Old Apr 5th 2015, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post Office Documentation Certification Service

Is it true I need to send in a certified copy of my (sponsor) passport bio page?

I was almost going to send a regular scan copy.

Do I need to send in the pages with stamps also?

I see the post office can do this for 8.75 GBP.

I might just get a certified copy of my birth certificate and my sons also so I don't need to send in the originals.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also the utility bills. I am sending in the originals (4 in total, I don't need these stamping as far as I understand from below).

Sending original documents
You must send the original documents or certified copies.

A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement by the issuing authority or by a solicitor or notary. The certifier must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Each document must be certified, clearly detailing the certifier's name, their signature and the organisation that they represent. If a certifier's details cannot be verified, we will reject the document. Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described. The certification must also clearly state how many pages have been certified.

If we ask for any documents that are not in English or Welsh, they must be accompanied by a certified translation. The translator's credentials should be provided, with their official confirmation that the translation is accurate.

We reserve the right to ask for original documents.

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 5th 2015 at 6:10 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Office Documentation Certification Service

I have read many people have received visas successfully by submitting just plain photocopies of the sponsors British passport.
Lot of conflicting information out there.

Will get them stamped by the PO anyway.

Hope to hear some feedback on this thread soon.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Pythagoras will become famous soon enoughPythagoras will become famous soon enough

The trouble with the Post Office Document Certification Service is that not all their branches offer the service, and when I looked at their website for 'nearest branch' it returned a '404 Error' (something about the page not being found.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pythagoras
The trouble with the Post Office Document Certification Service is that not all their branches offer the service, and when I looked at their website for 'nearest branch' it returned a '404 Error' (something about the page not being found.
Luckily we have one in our town centre that pops up on the list
Old Apr 7th 2015, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I just sent a colour copy of my British passport's bio page when we applied for my husband's spousal visa. I did not have it certified.