Please help and show your wisdom

Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

desmortes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help and show your wisdom

Hello everybody

Good afternoon/evening. I have been reading this forum and found many people received help. I really appreciate it. Now its my first post in this forum. It may sound silly but please forgive me if it is.

I am from sri lanka and my spouse is from UK. I am going to apply next week and all documents are ready. However I have only one hiccup.

I was in the UK for my studies and work for 4 years and then I was back home. During my stay, I was in a relationship with a british girl and after a year gap we got married along with each other families. When I applied spouse visa online, at the end of the page it showed list of documents what I should get it.

IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you submit a full printed copy of your online application. Your printed application form should be signed and dated and should contain a bar code on the first page. If no bar code is present you will need to change the security settings on your computer. The printed application can only be used ONCE to support a visa application and should not be photocopied or submitted to support any other visa application.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: You should read the 'Guide to Supporting Documents' to help you decide which documents will be useful in supporting the statements that you have made on your visa application form (VAF). The guide for your application type can be found here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/cu...vel/documents/
  1. The appropriate fee
  2. your current passport
  3. your old passport or a copy of it
  4. your original marriage or civil partnership certificate
  5. either a letter confirming your period of employment from your employer together with salary slips for the last three months or a certificate confirming you have continuing studies or if you are self employed, evidence of your business for example company
  6. evidence of contact between you and your sponsor for example letters, email, telephone bills, etc.
  7. evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months
  8. evidence of your current accommodation, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, utility bills, etc.
  9. evidence of your sponsors accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, etc.
  10. evidence of your sponsors employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.
  11. one recent passport photograph (not more than six months old

Now my question is - in the above document no:5 asking me about my employment.

I have done MBA degree and am unemployed since I been to Sri Lanka and am not able to find my sort of job in Sri - Lanka. But we are constructing a home and I was supervising the work now and then. Also I do sell some stuffs on ebay too which is not even regular. So is it really mandatory that I should be employed even though my spouse is sponsoring me.

Another question is - document no: 7 asking about my funds in bank - I do not have any funds available to me but I do have my bank account.

Will I be in any sort of problem because of this?

I hope you still awake after reading this. Anyone please share your wisdom.

Thank you !

Last edited by desmortes; Feb 13th 2013 at 1:14 pm.