Passport tracking after decision made?

Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport tracking after decision made?

Hi folks.

Great news...UKVI have finally made a decision on my spouse visa!! Hurrah!!

I submitted my application with VFS Global in Canberra and it is being returned via courier. Does anyone know if there’s anyway to track when it’s expected to get delivered? I was planning a road trip to get my mind off the inexorable wait for my application to get approved.

I look forward to submitting my timeline on the timeline thread!!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport tracking after decision made?

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Hi folks.

Great news...UKVI have finally made a decision on my spouse visa!! Hurrah!!

I submitted my application with VFS Global in Canberra and it is being returned via courier. Does anyone know if there’s anyway to track when it’s expected to get delivered? I was planning a road trip to get my mind off the inexorable wait for my application to get approved.

I look forward to submitting my timeline on the timeline thread!!
Congratulations! You should be able to use the tracking number to track the package?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Huge congrats Matt. That's what we really want to hear the most now. Crossing fingers for you to see the visa soon.
So you think the involvement of the MP has really worked?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations! You should be able to use the tracking number to track the package?
Unfortunately not. The UKVI application tracking site doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried emailing the UKVI contact centre to see if they know. All they’ve said is that they can’t give me the tracking number due to “security reasons”. I’ve fired back an email asking if I can get information if I call them, but radio silence so far unsurprisingly. Knowing the call centre, they’ll probably have no access to those details anyway. Have also tried emailing VFS at their [email protected] address to see if anything, but also radio silence.

Every chance it will come pretty quickly, but given our road trip will take us about 1000kms away I wanted to be able to plan around expected arrival. But no doubt UKVI don’t allow us to even plan our lives at this late stage.

Just hoping someone would know who to nag with the knowledge that they’ll actually have the information I need.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Huge congrats Matt. That's what we really want to hear the most now. Crossing fingers for you to see the visa soon.
So you think the involvement of the MP has really worked?
Thanks Rosy. It was definitely the MP involvement that helped. The lady I was dealing with gave them a very clear message that it had been long enough after her three escalations, and it was a day later that I got the IHS payment request.

Timing couldn’t be better. I was starting to call up immigration lawyers and wife and I were going to have a serious chat about engaging one until the IHS email came. And I’ve been endlessly changing my flexible air tickets, and my last change is exactly two weeks tomorrow. So assuming the worst case of 10 working days to receive passports, it will get here in time for my flight and I won’t have to change it yet again.

Everything crossed.

But if anyone has any ideas about who I should be talking to get some tracking info, that’d be great.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rosy. It was definitely the MP involvement that helped. The lady I was dealing with gave them a very clear message that it had been long enough after her three escalations, and it was a day later that I got the IHS payment request.

Timing couldn’t be better. I was starting to call up immigration lawyers and wife and I were going to have a serious chat about engaging one until the IHS email came. And I’ve been endlessly changing my flexible air tickets, and my last change is exactly two weeks tomorrow. So assuming the worst case of 10 working days to receive passports, it will get here in time for my flight and I won’t have to change it yet again.

Everything crossed.

But if anyone has any ideas about who I should be talking to get some tracking info, that’d be great.
Crossing everything for you as well.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Just got confirmation that the contact centre don’t have access to the tracking details. Obviously, Sheffield does but they don’t want to bother the poor civil servants until the 10 days expires. Maybe VFS will get back to me - one can only hope.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got confirmation that the contact centre don’t have access to the tracking details. Obviously, Sheffield does but they don’t want to bother the poor civil servants until the 10 days expires. Maybe VFS will get back to me - one can only hope.
Congratulations! Hope you hear soon!
Our decision was made middle of last week and we've still had no correspondence for tracking it. Ours is also coming by courier.

The application status tracker on our account on the VAC website still shows as waiting for consideration. It's not filling me with confidence... There's no phone number or anything to get in touch with TLS contact either, just a complaints channel.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dr038293
Congratulations! Hope you hear soon!
Our decision was made middle of last week and we've still had no correspondence for tracking it. Ours is also coming by courier.

The application status tracker on our account on the VAC website still shows as waiting for consideration. It's not filling me with confidence... There's no phone number or anything to get in touch with TLS contact either, just a complaints channel.
I got an email from UKVI saying that giving me my tracking number would be a “security concern”. Really?? So I wouldn’t be worried that you haven’t received anything. It’ll probably just show up one day soon.

From what I’ve heard from my migration agent, VFS have nothing further to do my application seeing the courier envelope was sent with my passport. So that could explain why your status still hasn’t been updated on TLS. If they don’t communicate with us, why should they communicate with the commercial partners? If no one complains, then they probably don’t worry about it.

Last edited by mattthefat; Sep 26th 2017 at 3:10 am.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

It seems like the VFS can get access to the same system as the call center does. They can see the status they of the application.
I am just 15 minutes driving from VFS here so will come to collect my documents when it's available. Can't stand waiting days for the courier to come.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
It seems like the VFS can get access to the same system as the call center does. They can see the status they of the application.
I am just 15 minutes driving from VFS here so will come to collect my documents when it's available. Can't stand waiting days for the courier to come.
Given VFS actually issue the courier envelope, I’d be surprised if they don’t have the tracking number. I’ve seen on VFS’s twitter feed people raising questions about passports and things, so trying to see what I can come up with.

Although even better would be that it would just turn up tomorrow. One can only hope!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:10 am
Just Joined

KM2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was sent to VFS Brisbane - got a text confirming this.

I contacted the VFS centre to ask when/how it would be sent they just said by lunchtime tomorrow.

For some reason VFS called me today to 'return my call' - a clerical error, and I asked for a tracking number, which they gave me.

Tracked the package, and it was due for delivery today but for some reason hasn't moved from the Brisbane depot it was tracked into 24 hours ago. The return address on it is an out of state address (I'm assuming maybe the UK consulate).
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Matt, any news?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Hamza9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here! Just waiting for it to come and every further planing is due after that! I hate the wait game! When we called them on last Friday they told us that the decision has been made but never reached ! I dnt even hope anything when it comes to UKVI! They r a mess and so is my life right now
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hamza9
Same here! Just waiting for it to come and every further planing is due after that! I hate the wait game! When we called them on last Friday they told us that the decision has been made but never reached ! I dnt even hope anything when it comes to UKVI! They r a mess and so is my life right now
I hope you get your good news soon!
The decision was made on our application on 18th September and the passport is still nowhere to be seen! The anxiety of the wait is making me I'll

Gotta call ukvi again on Monday to find out what is going on if it doesn't turn up by then. But since we haven't had a single email from anyone I'm very doubtful it will!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.