Overseas British Citizen's spouse visa

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 5:27 am
Just Joined

r_bastawala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overseas British Citizen's spouse visa

Hi All,

I am a British Citizen, currently living and working in Mumbai, India. I would like to apply spouse visa for my husband.

Being in Mumbai, can I apply for spouse visa?

And what are the conditions if allowed to apply.

Thanks.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 7:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overseas British Citizen's spouse visa

Originally Posted by r_bastawala
Hi All,

I am a British Citizen, currently living and working in Mumbai, India. I would like to apply spouse visa for my husband.

Being in Mumbai, can I apply for spouse visa?

And what are the conditions if allowed to apply.

Thanks.
Welcome to BE

Please read this article from the BE Wiki and that should explain just what you need. Then you can come back with more specific questions.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.

It mentions to have a saving account. But doesn't mention on any balance.

Is there any threshold set on the balance.

If I get the offer letter with 3 months of forward date, will my spouse get the visa in 3 months time so we can travel together?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply.

It mentions to have a saving account. But doesn't mention on any balance.

Is there any threshold set on the balance.

If I get the offer letter with 3 months of forward date, will my spouse get the visa in 3 months time so we can travel together?
a guaranteed annual income of at least £18,600 or savings of over £62,500 (more if you are also applying for non UKC children
Old Mar 25th 2015, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.

Luckily in the current country I have income of £18,600.

Can I apply for the spouse visa with having a UK employment offer letter starting date being 2 months away.

Of course I want have any UK accommodation documents as I will sort out the accommodation after I reach UK.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

There is no guarantee that the spouse visa will be issued within three months so you cannot be certain you will be able to travel together. Hopefully, it will be issued within that time.

You must have evidence of accommodation to submit with your application. UKVI allow staying with relatives or friends until you find your own place but you must submit a letter from the person inviting you to stay, their tenancy agreement if renting, or land registry document if they own the property. You also need an inspection of the property to ensure there is no overcrowding.

And, of course, your offer of employment in the UK must show a salary of £18,600 or above.

If applying after the 5th or 6th April (not sure which one!) you need to add £500 to cover the new health surcharge which will come into force on that date.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

ulasz29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I'm a British citizen and my fiance is from New Zealand. He is currently in the UK on the Tire 2 working visa that expires in 2017. We planning to get married this year, but we are not sure if he still needs to apply for a marriage visa as he is from non- EEA . I spoke to a Register Office but didn't get a clear info as the officer wasn't sure. I've been told that we need to book an appointment to give a notice of marriage and wait at least 29 days to be able to get married, all depends on Home Office decision, as my fiance will be subjected to immigration control.
Could you please help me find out if a marriage visa is required in this case.
Will be thankful for all info.

Regards
Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ulasz29
Hi All,
I'm a British citizen and my fiance is from New Zealand. He is currently in the UK on the Tire 2 working visa that expires in 2017. We planning to get married this year, but we are not sure if he still needs to apply for a marriage visa as he is from non- EEA . I spoke to a Register Office but didn't get a clear info as the officer wasn't sure. I've been told that we need to book an appointment to give a notice of marriage and wait at least 29 days to be able to get married, all depends on Home Office decision, as my fiance will be subjected to immigration control.
Could you please help me find out if a marriage visa is required in this case.
Will be thankful for all info.

Regards
If your fiancé is already in the UK on a Tier 2 (General) visa then he doesn't need a marriage visitor visa. Those are for people outside the UK wishing to visit the UK for the primary purpose of getting married and then returned to their home country. He can marry on the visa he currently holds.
Old May 25th 2015, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Hi,
If I get a 12 month contract job in UK, can I apply for my husband spouse visa.

Thanks & Regards,
Rashida
Old May 25th 2015, 11:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
If I get a 12 month contract job in UK, can I apply for my husband spouse visa.

Thanks & Regards,
Rashida
Providing your UK job offer would mean you would be earning more than £18,600 p.a. and you have earning more than £18,600 p.a. (~₹1,850,000) for at least the last six months then, yes, you can apply for a spouse visa and you and your husband can both move to the UK at the same time.
Old May 26th 2015, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.

My scenario is that I am in a overseas country for last one and half year.

I have got a job so moving back to UK.

Is 4 months payslip, offer letter, bank statement, house agreement letter enough to apply?
Old May 26th 2015, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.

My scenario is that I am in a overseas country for last one and half year.

I have got a job so moving back to UK.

Is 4 months payslip, offer letter, bank statement, house agreement letter enough to apply?
You'll need at least six months of payslips from your current job and a formal job offer letter from your new job in the UK.

More information here: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/
Old May 27th 2015, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the input.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I am in a Overseas country and have secured a 12 month contract job in Uk.

Can I apply for my husband spouse visa after being 6 months in UK.

Please note:- I have a contract job offer for 12 months.

Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 7:42 pm

Hi,

I am in a Overseas country and have secured a 12 month contract job in Uk.

Can I apply for my husband spouse visa after being 6 months in UK.

Please note:- I have a contract job offer for 12 months.

Thanks.
See Post #10.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Providing your UK job offer would mean you would be earning more than £18,600 p.a. and you have earning more than £18,600 p.a. (~₹1,850,000) for at least the last six months then, yes, you can apply for a spouse visa and you and your husband can both move to the UK at the same time.
If your job starts within three months of your return to the UK then your husband can apply for his spouse visa and return with you. You would be no need to separate for six months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.