Not straightforward email * TWICE

Old Apr 11th 2018, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Mrsd11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not straightforward email * TWICE

Hello

As title suggested, this topic is about receiving 2 not straightforward email. I am fully aware that i shouldn't read in to it. However I am curious if anyone received this email twice?

Bit of application background

We re-apply for a settlement wife due to the first application refused
REASON FOR REFUSAL was financial and ielts. We rectified the reasons and re- apply last Nov 25 2017. By working day 57 Feb 23 2018 we received the not straightforward email. We escalate to no avail until March 7 2018 my husband finally got a meeting with the MP, on March 14 2017 we were told that our application is not treated as complex, we were relieved and plus the information stating the HO is expecting to conclude the application by end of March.
Till this date we haven't received any update not till 12 am Philippines time April 11 2018 working day 88. Yet again we received that standard e-mail stating not straightforward. I feel very lost as I do not understand why. If anybody is in the same position as we are. It be appreciated to hear from you guys.
Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2018, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not straightforward email * TWICE

You were refused your first application due to financials not being met and not meeting the English language requirement.

You should expect this second application to get more scrutiny, so may take longer. You'll have to be patient.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm exactly in a similar situation as you, however I haven't received second "Not straightforward" email yet.
my first application was refused due to not submitting IELTS certificate. I reapplied on 21st December 2017. Got Not straightforward email on March 15 and nothing after that.
I completely lost as to what to do about it, so just waiting and checking email several times a day and going nuts.
Good luck to you stay calm & hopefully good news is just around the corner
Old Apr 12th 2018, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

takhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

After 3months of waiting, I have also received an email from UKVI Sheff. that they have received my application. And the second email came in as being Not straightforward.

After a week, my Wife (sponsor) received a call from UKVI, they asked some relationship and work related questions and said that they will now send the application for Decision making. Its been 2weeks now and no updates came in. So still waiting and keep checking my email for further updates.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Sgur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrsd11
Hello

As title suggested, this topic is about receiving 2 not straightforward email. I am fully aware that i shouldn't read in to it. However I am curious if anyone received this email twice?

REASON FOR REFUSAL was financial and ielts. We rectified the reasons and re- apply last Nov 25 2017. By working day 57 Feb 23 2018 we received the not straightforward email. We escalate to no avail until March 7 2018 my husband finally got a meeting with the MP, on March 14 2017 we were told that our application is not treated as complex, we were relieved and plus the information stating the HO is expecting to conclude the application by end of March.
Till this date we haven't received any update not till 12 am Philippines time April 11 2018 working day 88. Yet again we received that standard e-mail stating not straightforward. I feel very lost as I do not understand why. If anybody is in the same position as we are. It be appreciated to hear from you guys.
Thanks
Hello MRsd, Did you got any update on your application? As I am also in the similar position as you. I reapplied on 16th Nov 2017, after being refused on 23rd october , due to financial requirements.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Mrsd11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sgur
Hello MRsd, Did you got any update on your application? As I am also in the similar position as you. I reapplied on 16th Nov 2017, after being refused on 23rd october , due to financial requirements.
Hello Sgur,

Unfortunately we haven't received any update since we have spoken to the MP. We were told 2 weeks ago to wait till end of april for update. As of the moment we are waiting. Next month will be the 6th month from the application/biometrics date. i hope things will get sorted before end of May. I hope things will get sorted for us who've been waiting for a long time.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Hello Sgur,

Unfortunately we haven't received any update since we have spoken to the MP. We were told 2 weeks ago to wait till end of april for update. As of the moment we are waiting. Next month will be the 6th month from the application/biometrics date. i hope things will get sorted before end of May. I hope things will get sorted for us who've been waiting for a long time.
Hey, I hope we should get our decisions as soon as possible. I also involved our MP, he also asked us to wait till april end, but it does not seems anything will get sorted by april end. Lets hope for best.
Old May 15th 2018, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Hello MRsd,
Have you heard anything on your application?
Old Oct 19th 2018, 4:45 am
Just Joined

darla05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Thanks
Hi, I have just recently submitted my visa application and I am very anxious with the waiting process. May I know what was wrong with your IELTS which caused the refusal of your first application? Thank you.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 10:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darla05

Hi, I have just recently submitted my visa application and I am very anxious with the waiting process. May I know what was wrong with your IELTS which caused the refusal of your first application? Thank you.
Top tip: you can see a user's previous posts by clicking on their username and selecting from the drop down menu. From one of Mrsd11's posts it would appear that they took the wrong IELTS exam.

HTH and welcome to the forum.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 10:29 am
Just Joined

darla05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much. Hoping that her second application is successful.