Naturalisation ( questions )

Old Jan 29th 2024, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naturalisation ( questions )

Hi guys!

Hope you are doing well

I'm filling out the form and following all the steps for naturalisation, but I've reached the documents section and encountered this part (please see the photo attached)

I don't understand what other documents, apart from bank statements or household bills, could serve as evidence that I've lived here in the UK with my husband for the past 3 years. What specific documents are they looking for as proof?

Another concern is regarding the referees. I have two British colleagues from my previous workplace who are over 25 years old, they're customer supper and operations manager. Would they qualify as my referees? I've noticed examples often mention professions like teachers, dentists, solicitors… etc.

Could someone please clarify this, as they need to sign a declaration and I’m not 100% sure if they qualify to be my referees.

Thank you in advance!

Old Jan 29th 2024, 4:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalisation ( questions )

From an American's POV, shouldn't utility bills, auto insurance policy(ies), club membership, i.e. gym, rental lease, etc. be good for proof.
Old Jan 29th 2024, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!

Thank you for your suggestions.

When I applied for my BRP extension and ILR I provided bank statements and council tax as a proof of living in the same address.

Do you know how many documents from different sources need to be attached?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31st 2024, 6:32 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As a minimum I would send P60s and Council Tax Bills covering the relevant period.
Old Jan 31st 2024, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Great thanks!

Is there a link with a list of what the valid documents are?
Old Jan 31st 2024, 11:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi,

Great thanks!

Is there a link with a list of what the valid documents are?
Take a look at the screenshot you posted to get an idea of what they’re looking for. In addition to P60s and Council Tax Bills I would also try and include a letter from your current and any previous employer confirming your employment dates.
Old Jan 31st 2024, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hey!

Ok, so I need to show my passport as a proof. I’m not from an European country so not sure if the employment letters will apply but I’ll include them as that’s the only 2 options I have.. council tax and p60 with the employment letter that will show I have been working since 2018 so I think it’s a good back up

thanks for all your help BritInParis really appreciate it!
Old Feb 12th 2024, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys!

Trust you’re doing well

I have a concern In the screenshot I will attach, it explains the rule that says I should not be absent for more than 90 days in a 12-month period.

I will apply in March, and these are the dates I was absent from in 2023:New Zealand 06.01.23 - 03.02.23

Austria 17.02.23 - 01.03.23

Switzerland 07.04.23 - 12.04.23

Estonia 09.06.23-13.06.23

Holland 23.07.23 - 25.07.23

Colombia 16.11.23- 26.12.23

If the calculation is as I am doing it, I think I still can’t apply and maybe not even leave the country this year in order to apply for my naturalisation.

Could someone pleas clarify this for me? I’m really confused.

What does the qualifying period means? (I have been living in the UK since April 2018)

Would it count from March 2023 to March 2024, which would subtract fewer days than the 96 my calculation gives or it’s from January 2023 to January 2024?

I hope I am making myself understood and that you can help me with this concern.

Thanks!

Old Feb 13th 2024, 2:50 pm

If you are applying after 1 March then you can discount your trips to New Zealand and Austria as they won’t count towards your 90 days in 12 months. I make the remaining dates as totalling 47 days absent so well under the limit.
Old Feb 13th 2024, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!

Thank you so much for clarifying the information
Old Feb 18th 2024, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there

Following the conversation about applying for my naturalisation on March 1st, if I submit the application on that day, I understand that the process starts counting from that day. However, I'm unsure if I'll be scheduled for biometrics before March 5th, and due to work commitments I have to travel to Europe for one week.

I would like your advise.. should I apply after I return, or is it okay to submit the application on March 1st and then take the biometrics when I come back? The only thing I don't want is for it to affect my absence days or the application.

Apologise for all this questions!

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 18th 2024, 11:01 pm

Your days are calculated from the date of submission, not when you provide your biometrics, so either way is fine.

If you’re applying on 1 March then just ensure you were in the UK on 1 March 2019 if you’re not married to a British citizen or 1 March 2021 if you are.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Hey,

So it’s fine to submit my application, travel to Europe and then submit my biometrics?

Yes, I’m married to a British citizen. What do you mean by having been in the UK on March 1st, 2021? Does it mean not being on holiday during that date in 2021?

Old Feb 19th 2024, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hey,

So it’s fine to submit my application, travel to Europe and then submit my biometrics?
Yes, no problem. This differs from applying for any type of visa whereby your application is automatically withdrawn if you leave the UK.

Yes, I’m married to a British citizen. What do you mean by having been in the UK on March 1st, 2021? Does it mean not being on holiday during that date in 2021?
Yes, you need to have been in the UK at some point during 1 March 2021 (three years prior to your application date). This is to allow the Home Office to calculate your physical presence in the UK over your qualifying period. If they’re not able to do this because you were out of the country on this date then your application will be refused.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Yes, reviewing my passport here are all the dates from 2021, I didn’t leave the country until September 2021

France 16.09.21 - 20.09.21 Austria 06.10.21- 13.10.21

Colombia 21.11.21 - 15.01.22

Austria 01.06.22 -05.06.22

Belgium 26.08.22 - 29.08.22

Mexico 08.09.22 - 16.09.22

Germany 28.10.22 - 30.10.22

France 03.11.22 - 07.11.22

Germany 23.12.22 - 02.01.23

New Zealand 06.01.23 - 03.02.23

Austria 17.02.23 - 01.03.23

Switzerland 07.04.23 - 12.04.23

Estonia 09.06.23-13.06.23

Holland 23.07.23 - 25.07.23

Colombia 16.11.23- 26.12.23

Austria 04.03.24 - 11.03.24. This is the week during which I'll be absent from the UK this year. However, I'll be submitting the application on the 1st of March, so I believe this absence won’t count toward the application, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.