Name on passport

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

BritMedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Name on passport

Hi all,

I am a UK citizen living in the US, getting ready to apply for a UK spouse visa for my American wife. I am in the process of getting together all of the documentation so I am keen to make sure we get everything right the first time to try to keep this whole process as efficient as possible.

After we got married a couple of years ago my wife changed her name so that we have the same last name. She got her social security card and her driver's license updated, but she never got around to updating the name on her passport. Her name on that is still her last name from her first marriage. My question is, am I going to need to get that updated before we send in everything. I don't want to delay this whole timeline by waiting for a name change in a passport but if it's going to cause problems in the long term I may as well get it fixed now.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name on passport

It's not a deal breaker for the visa application but it would be advisable to change it now seeing as her passport will be her primary piece of ID in the UK from which everything else is going to flow.

Last edited by BritInParis; Apr 23rd 2017 at 12:58 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

BritMedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name on passport

Understood. Thanks for the reply mate.