My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jun 30th 2015, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

geebee1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Thanks for the links....

Sort of confirms my concerns - English-language education is mainly in private and international schools. Could possibly look into the UK curriculum in a home-school capacity...
Old Jun 30th 2015, 11:20 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

geebee1978, I trust that most of the Q&A on Malta are sorted for the most part?

Good luck & best wishes to you & your family with your adventure.

Do keep us posted on the events?
Old Jun 30th 2015, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

not2old.....

Yes, the advice has been great. Not much more for me to think about now and just a case of jumping in and seeing for myself.

It won't be for a few months yet, but hopefully I'll be able to post some positive news about it in the future.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:49 am
Just Joined

writedeel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jonjo,

I'm interested to learn more about self employed. I was told the burden of proof is much harder for self employed than employed.Are you working via limited company or sole trader?

Hi,
has anyone used the self sufficient route in ireland as a start while looking for job for later?

I'm interested in learning of the amount needed for my family of 5.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 1st 2015 at 10:16 am.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 10:12 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I know having looked at the 'self-sufficiency' amount - Ireland unlike Malta doesn't state that, nor is it a requirement under an EU rule or directive to state an amount.

Only that 'have the means to support yourself'

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en..._citizens.html

Residence rights of EU/EEA nationals in Ireland

Residence rights of family members

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%...Form%20EU1.pdf

Last edited by not2old; Jul 1st 2015 at 10:26 am. Reason: removed duplicate link
Old Jul 1st 2015, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Hi not2old,
Thanks very much.What i intend to do is prepare a budget based on key expenses and multiply it by at least 6 months and then get comprehensive health insurance in place.

I will then state that i'm self sufficient for the amount i have in the bank but will be looking for a job at the same time.I see this as saving me time since i get together documents within a month and submit while looking for a job and then wait to see what they say.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by writedeel
Hi not2old,
Thanks very much.What i intend to do is prepare a budget based on key expenses and multiply it by at least 6 months and then get comprehensive health insurance in place.

I will then state that i'm self sufficient for the amount i have in the bank but will be looking for a job at the same time.I see this as saving me time since i get together documents within a month and submit while looking for a job and then wait to see what they say.
You're technically going to be self-sufficient until you find employment anyway.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Fair point....
However,I'll leave it to them to decide since i will also have private insurance in place.Its up to them to tell me its not enough and that i should get a job...and if by the time they come back, i have a job..at least they would have looked at my case.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

jonjo14 has a brilliant futurejonjo14 has a brilliant futurejonjo14 has a brilliant futurejonjo14 has a brilliant futurejonjo14 has a brilliant futurejonjo14 has a brilliant future

Hi Jonjo,

I'm interested to learn more about self employed. I was told the burden of proof is much harder for self employed than employed.Are you working via limited company or sole trader?

Hi,
has anyone used the self sufficient route in ireland as a start while looking for job for later?

I'm interested in learning of the amount needed for my family of 5.
Hi, I just registered as self employed as there isn't much work in the west of Ireland in the winter months but it is a lot cheaper than Dublin.

I bought a van got insurance, got some cards made and advertised on Donedeal.ie and Adverts.ie for Man&Van. I only did about a dozen jobs over the months, kept a record of jobs, payments etc and opened a business account. I sent all this including the business registration (sole trader) and all the rest of the proof just to test the water and we got it first time.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Congrats Jonjo14.

For how long did you show self employed activity for.I can see on the EEA1 form that they require six months of invoices etc.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jonjo14.

For how long did you show self employed activity for.I can see on the EEA1 form that they require six months of invoices etc.
EU case law has been proven with 10 week's work.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Useful information.

I'm starting the process in two weeks so i'm gathering all information ready. i was torn between self sufficient and self employed but reading your experience makes me think have options.

Quick question, after one gets the five year residence card, are we expected to apply for family permit in ireland before coming back or we can now come back with the card in view of the Case C-202/13 McCarthy.?
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Hello Good people,
I'm considering travelling next week to Ireland to start SS for my younger sister in Africa.She has tried Uk visa on a number of occasions and has been refused.I have 4years worth of evidence to proof she is dependant on me.I have a few questions:

1, she is due to start a course in Uni in September,,will it be better if she applies while in school so that her intention to return to school will go in her favour or under EEA family permit intend to return doesn't matter as it does for normal visit applications?

2,Apart from proof that I am a qualified person(ie work etc), do i need to make any funds available in a account to proof i can support her?
Old Jul 4th 2015, 9:41 am
Account Closed

Useful information.

I'm starting the process in two weeks so i'm gathering all information ready. i was torn between self sufficient and self employed but reading your experience makes me think have options.

Quick question, after one gets the five year residence card, are we expected to apply for family permit in ireland before coming back or we can now come back with the card in view of the Case C-202/13 McCarthy.?
I deck mend applying for FP. The McCarthy case basically gives up to 6 month's entry clearance but a successful FP application will already show that the Home Office have accepted your evidence of SS-ing as valid. It's more difficult to produce more longer-term evidence if you've already left your SS country.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Someone raised a little concern. We will be arriving in January and as we will only be there for a short time, didn't consider enrolling kids into school. We can't afford private education and most state schools are in Maltese so our idea was to let them have a break before returning to the UK for the term in September.

However, as home-schooling isn't technically legal in Malta, could it be possible that the UK government could view them not going to school as not forming a "centre of life" in the country?

I know this would be harsh but the last thing I want is to fall down on a technicality like this....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.