Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK temp to work for 6 months with canadian wife to start uk visa

Moving back to UK temp to work for 6 months with canadian wife to start uk visa

Old Jun 17th 2016, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving back to UK temp to work for 6 months with canadian wife to start uk visa

My canadian wife and I are moving back to the UK and I will gain employment for 6 months and then come back here to get her spousal visa for the UK.Is it true it can be fast tracked and only take about two weeks to process in person within canada if all paperwork is in order?:fingerscrossed:
Old Jun 17th 2016, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK temp to work for 6 months with canadian wife to start uk visa

What do you mean by "come back here"? Return to Canada? What happens to your job in the UK if you do that?

Have not heard of a two week turnaround, but have heard of a 3 week one. You have to pay for priority service for this to happen.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to UK temp to work for 6 months with canadian wife to start uk visa

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What do you mean by "come back here"? Return to Canada? What happens to your job in the UK if you do that?

Have not heard of a two week turnaround, but have heard of a 3 week one. You have to pay for priority service for this to happen.
Oh ok so it's 3 weeks.

I will just use it as holiday and to visit family here! Are there any more restrictions?

At least this way we can become settled in uk and now works well as we just had a newborn so my wife is on maternity leave right now!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If needs be only your wife needs to return to Canada to apply for her spouse visa. You can remain in the UK if your employer requires you to do so. Obviously if your employer is happy to let you take it as leave then by all means go ahead.