Move to UK

Old Jan 24th 2018, 6:40 pm
MVW
Just Joined

MVW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to UK

Hi all, Im a UK citizen living in US, looking to move back home with my family.
From what I can see it looks like getting my US citizen wife to UK will be a bit difficult. The issue seems to be I would need UK income for the financial requirements, as we currently live in US I dont have this, Im assuming my US income doesnt count.
Also she earns way more than me but most UK jobs in her field wont hire a US citizen and immigration seems to want proof of UK income or employment. Seems to be a bit of a catch 22.
Apologies in advance if this is a common issue but i couldnt find any specific answers to any similar situation.
Thanks for any input.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to UK

Read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify under the financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

There are several categories under which you could qualify.

Apart from having income to qualify, you could also use savings, pensions, monies from sale of property etc.

If you read the threads on this forum there are loads of people such as you wishing to sponsor wives and children for settlement in the UK.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 7:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MVW
Hi all, Im a UK citizen living in US, looking to move back home with my family.
From what I can see it looks like getting my US citizen wife to UK will be a bit difficult. The issue seems to be I would need UK income for the financial requirements, as we currently live in US I dont have this, Im assuming my US income doesnt count.
Also she earns way more than me but most UK jobs in her field wont hire a US citizen and immigration seems to want proof of UK income or employment. Seems to be a bit of a catch 22.
Apologies in advance if this is a common issue but i couldnt find any specific answers to any similar situation.
Thanks for any input.
To offer reassurance yours is the most typical situation. Your US income does count towards meeting the financial requirements providing you also have a job offer in the UK. Alternatively you can meet the financial requirements through cash savings or sale of property. Have a read through the document linked to by SanDiegogirl for details.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:12 am
MVW
Just Joined

MVW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the response and link. Appreciate it.