Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by garyede
wow that is impressive
That i brilliant , thanks , look like we are left behind all others
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulakh
That i brilliant , thanks , look like we are left behind all others
I am sorry, you have been waiting a long time.

I can't imagine how you have coped all this time.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by PinkDia
He got the same person on the phone often... I guess that's why she remembered him. It is useless calling them though. We have spent a lot for nothing
same here i always talk to same person, he even said today u r self employed so u shoud have very straight forward case . dont want to ring them , but its make me feel good when talk to them . he told me case not straight forward start getting decision now.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattthefat
A thousand. One to screw it in, and 999 to blog about it.

Or

Why not just use the iPhone backlight?

On a separate point, I just received a request for payment of my daughter's IHS surcharge!! I received that immediately after the following email to which I said "WTF?!?" Fingers crossed this is a sign of positive things to come!

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Hi - your daughter is not a British citizen? Or do they charge for children with British passports born outside UK too?
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

same here i always talk to same person, he even said today u r self employed so u shoud have very straight forward case . dont want to ring them , but its make me feel good when talk to them . he told me case not straight forward start getting decision now.
Oh I desperately hope this is true!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop calling them they know nothing i am saying this by experience they try to make the call longer so more money they get from the call i think they work on commission haha but honestly dont take their word for serious one of them said you will hear soon it has been 3 months since i spoke to her may be soon in her dictionary means 3 months
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Exactly Hamza.... tried all sorts to get a hope of light into when the applications will be processed. But no, no one can question them.... even if UKVI give useless responses. Moreover they have got custody of my wife's passport all those 37weeks and counting. I/we don't have unlimited amounts of leave from work to visit wife, why don't they understand all this! We are just cornered and helpless. Now even hope has died within me.... don't know what to do😞
So true such a helpless feeling.. passed 24 weeks and don’t understand what to do... 6 months plus just to make a decision.. seriously? HO should go through something of thos soet with their family and so they will know how frustrating, terrible feeling it is... never thought Uk govt would have such a laid back attitude towards people... disgusting...
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
I am sorry, you have been waiting a long time.

I can't imagine how you have coped all this time.
My wife applied from India, but its very depressing for me to , our wedding anniversary in 2 weeks ,H O never been bad like this before .
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Such a worst feeling...there are times where am sure me and most of us feel like giving up ... but my friends DON’T .. do not give up... have faith and let us all fight together and do the best we can.. the letter submitted by jimmy on behalf of us all.. was a good one... and really really appreciate it... let us all keep fighting and pushing in.. and hope someday the sun might shine upon is.. 🤞
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garyede
i have just received some positive news. Home office has just sent an email to pay the IHS fee for our daughter. I mentioned this to my MP in my letter so i reckon my MP,s intervention
is helping our case and is slowly chipping away and pushing them to get their finger out.
i just noticed that when i received an email from the IHS section in Sheffield it said sensitive in brackets. I reckon this means that ours is a sensitive case (usually because an MP is involved). Sheffield may have a designated person to process it.

Last edited by garyede; Sep 22nd 2017 at 2:03 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife applied from India, but its very depressing for me to , our wedding anniversary in 2 weeks ,H O never been bad like this before .

When did you apply?
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

j_dt2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All, I've been following this thread for quite sometimes. Thank you for everyone, your posts help me a lot both in terms of information and reassuring that I am not alone. I am in the same situation.
Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics: Thailand (Chiangmai)

Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 1 June 2017

We are on the second escalation. Already contacted MP but I don't really know this will make any differences, hope so anyway. I believed that our case is straightforward as we meet all requirements. Also, my two sons are carrying UK passports. Due to my husband's work, we decided to move back to the UK this year. I am here on my own waiting for the visa, roughly about 83 working days now. We hear nothing. I kind of believe that our application is forgotten or lost somewhere.
I am so frustrated to hear someone mentioned that apparently we are in 120 days timeline now. I am not sure if this new timeline is true but i do hope it's not.

Latest email i got from them (13th Sep) said they "re-escalated my case and it's being seen as an urgent case"
I don't know how true it is, would like to hear some opinion. My opinion is they shouldn't have to use the word urgent if it doesn't exist. Since I paid for priority and didn't get that, they shouldn't continue to tell me urgent after all.
With this delay, this starts to get us down, especially my husband and our second son. I hope we all will get our visa and reunion with our family soon.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rvg1212
When did you apply?
9th March
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j_dt2017
Hello All, I've been following this thread for quite sometimes. Thank you for everyone, your posts help me a lot both in terms of information and reassuring that I am not alone. I am in the same situation.
Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics: Thailand (Chiangmai)

Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 1 June 2017

We are on the second escalation. Already contacted MP but I don't really know this will make any differences, hope so anyway. I believed that our case is straightforward as we meet all requirements. Also, my two sons are carrying UK passports. Due to my husband's work, we decided to move back to the UK this year. I am here on my own waiting for the visa, roughly about 83 working days now. We hear nothing. I kind of believe that our application is forgotten or lost somewhere.
I am so frustrated to hear someone mentioned that apparently we are in 120 days timeline now. I am not sure if this new timeline is true but i do hope it's not.

Latest email i got from them (13th Sep) said they "re-escalated my case and it's being seen as an urgent case"
I don't know how true it is, would like to hear some opinion. My opinion is they shouldn't have to use the word urgent if it doesn't exist. Since I paid for priority and didn't get that, they shouldn't continue to tell me urgent after all.
With this delay, this starts to get us down, especially my husband and our second son. I hope we all will get our visa and reunion with our family soon.
Join http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/sheffield-settlement-visa-90-day-delays-903545/page4/#post12344126
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

103 working days and counting!
Applied 28th April Thailand
3 escalation
MP involved and only response has been from HO after i made official complaint about the service
" we only partly uphold your complaint because we contacted you after 4 months to tell you it would not be processed with 60 working days"

Last edited by Scousejohn; Sep 22nd 2017 at 4:02 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.