Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Applying from Bangkok

Biometric- 28th April

Confirmation email that application received: 5th May

Not straightforward email and asked for documents- 24th July

Documents sent - 27th July

Contacted MP 5 weeks ago and still chasing
(Surrey, Dominic Raab)

Another not straightforward email: 30th Aug

Phoned call centre over 25 times. Case escalated at least 4 times

No decision yet.

21 weeks and still waiting
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi folks. For general posts regarding the delays at Sheffield please go to the MERGED thread.

This thread is to gain an insight of who has been waiting for more than 90 working days and to get an idea of any 'group' representation / action we might want to consider. Clearly our MPs are getting nowhere.

I suggest we each initially share the following information

Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics

Date of email receipt from Sheffield

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP
Hi

Thank you for this.

Date of Biometrics - 28/04/17

Location of Biometrics - Rabat, Morocco (via TLSContact Agency)

Date of email receipt from Sheffield - 09/05/17

Location Constituency of your sponsor - Bolton, North East
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Date of biometrics- 10/5/2017
Location of biometrics - Philippines
Confirmation email that application received - 15/5/2017
Phoned contact centre twice, 2 emails, escalated
Phoned MP, 5 times
93 days waiting
Location Constituency of your sponsors MP - Harrogate/Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Received apology from HO because they sent out incorrect letter requesting further docs
because they separated wifes and childs application forms treating them as separate individuals. Latest info very vague and say they are working on our case. One week ago our MP spoke to HO and asked them to prioritise our application as child suposed to be starting university this week. MP has not had a reply. I will write a letter to my MP tomorrow asking him to ask to speak to a senior manager rather than thru a clerk.

Last edited by garyede; Sep 19th 2017 at 4:21 pm. Reason: insufficient information
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by garyede
I think if we end up with a large majority of 120 days on here we need to start thinking as a group to get something done!
Agreed. I'm up for anything. Sponsors in UK can join and do something together. It's ruthless and totally unfair for the ones who applied early. All must unite and stand for justice.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone else been monitoring the applications from June? Obviously I've seen alot of chat regarding applications that have over shot 60 days from April/May for reasons no one really knows. I'm on day 52 and wondering if from June onwards they are back to 60 days. I personally have seen quite alot of movement but looking for other opinions that could possible support my findings?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of biometrics - 09/03/2017
location - Chandigarh India
email for confirmation - 10 March
documents to Sheffield - 12th march
documents got back from Sheffield with generic letter all documents copied-15th march
case not straight forward email - 2nd june
case escalated 20 July ,12 Aug, 1September- got reply case not straight forward we working on application , got reply on Saturday 16 sep we will make decision asap in coming days
mp involved she got same reply from ho - Dr Caroline Johnson (Sleaford And North Hykem
I am sponsor , self employed and owns 2 post offices , INcome more then £21000
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Emm123
After chasing UKVI several times for a decision letter,we finally got the letter by email today .Our Application was refused because I left My husband two days after our wedding and why didn't I visit him or why didn't he make an effort to visit me..ECO noted that I was pregnant at that time and I had our child in uk .He was satisfied with everything apart from the fact we haven't any asset together,and not visited each other for more than one year .I spent 3 weeks with my hubby before our wedding and I had visited him several times prior to our wedding,we just got married so how does the ECO expect us to have assets together.OUR only asset is our child .I am definitely going for an Appeal.
Because I am a full time student ,I work as well and I could not travel in and out of Africa with heavy pregnancy .
Guys,do you think appeal is the best option for me please?
Appeals take alot longer than a fresh application but I guess you have not got money to burn! I think you been treat pretty harshly being heavily pregnant is a good reason not to travel again. If you appeal need to be mentioning morning sickness etc, get a letter from your GP stating you were not well enough to travel last 12 months. Maybe could mention depression/anxiety if you had the symptoms. It is important your GP uses something like the following wording " i do not feel that my client was well enough to travel last 12 months blah blah etc." hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by garyede; Sep 19th 2017 at 4:44 pm. Reason: bad grammar
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of Biometrics : 30 Dec 2016
Location of Biometrics : Ahmedabad, India
Date of email receipt from Sheffield : 4 Jan
Date of "not strAightforward case" email: 6 march
No. Of escalations: 3
MP contact: 2 times
Solicitor contact: once

36 weeks over. Not a single clear response so far. Every time received annoying generic response. Please do something to resolve this problem.. 😢🙏🏻
Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: Edgware, Middlesex
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

annc72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, everyone,

Sorry to hear that the times for vias have extended into an eternity. I hope they start processing it much faster. I have just received today questionnaire to fill up how satisfied I was with UKVI service....
On the other note, I am not sure if this is the correct thread now, I will still put the question here, has anyone who paid for priority claimed money back due to the huge delay? Thinking of doing that and wanted some feedback etc.
Thanks and good luck everyone

Ana
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Seems that HO seem to be getting back on track regards the 60 day non priorities, especially those of you who applied in june and after!! Unfortunately us poor sods prior are still in the bar!! As much as i am pleased for everyone gettingtheir visas it is really annoying being in the 90 plus club!!!

Last edited by garyede; Sep 19th 2017 at 5:02 pm. Reason: poor grammar
Old Sep 19th 2017, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Week 23 still waiting!!!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

MDoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

I just sent an email to that Guardian journalist. Will let you all know if I get a response.

I did email another journalist a few weeks ago who had an article criticising the HO, also in the Guardian. He wrote back, and whilst sympathetic, said he didn't think my plight was newsworthy....

So I guess the more people who get in touch, the more likely the issue will be taken seriously.

Update: got an out of office response which says to resend any emails after 3rd October.

Last edited by MDoyle; Sep 19th 2017 at 9:01 pm. Reason: Update
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, received the following email response after having my case escalated. Anyone able to let me know what it means by "your case has been escalated further to our relevant department"? Is this a canned response??

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.

In regards to your query, please accept our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please rest assured, that your case has been escalated further to our relevant department, once we have an update we will inform you accordingly.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated."
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Appeals take alot longer than a fresh application but I guess you have not got money to burn! I think you been treat pretty harshly being heavily pregnant is a good reason not to travel again. If you appeal need to be mentioning morning sickness etc, get a letter from your GP stating you were not well enough to travel last 12 months. Maybe could mention depression/anxiety if you had the symptoms. It is important your GP uses something like the following wording " i do not feel that my client was well enough to travel last 12 months blah blah etc." hope this helps a bit.
Yes ,thanks very much ,I suffered severe gestational diabetes as well so I will add it all up together. I was on insulin so I wouldn't risk going in and out of Africa even after birth,baby had to be monitored .
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
Hi guys, received the following email response after having my case escalated. Anyone able to let me know what it means by "your case has been escalated further to our relevant department"? Is this a canned response??

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.

In regards to your query, please accept our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please rest assured, that your case has been escalated further to our relevant department, once we have an update we will inform you accordingly.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated."
A canned responsed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.