Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi I applied 23rd May and received that not straight forward case email on august 15th which was the 60th day. Now it's been 82days today and no news. MP contacted them and still nothing. Our solicitor is useless as well
What country you from? If you don't mind me asking?
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Anybody here from Philippines got their visa ? Good day everyone
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shielacity
What country you from? If you don't mind me asking?
Seoul in South Korea. Some I heard who applied in June from South Korea have received there's already
Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shielacity
Anybody here from Philippines got their visa ? Good day everyone
Day 57, priority, no news, will keep you posted...
Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by garyede
The priority option means that that your application will be looked at before non priority cases. It does not mean it will be processed straightaway, your just further up the queue. From the stats the Home Office seem to be trying to process priority claims before 60 working days. I would be surprised that there was not a priority option for americans
Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand what priority is, I'm just saying that I was never given the option to choose it or pay for it at any point, and I'd like to take that option. So I was asking if anyone thought I was missing something.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand what priority is, I'm just saying that I was never given the option to choose it or pay for it at any point, and I'd like to take that option. So I was asking if anyone thought I was missing something.
We too were unable to choose priority from bangkok. We submitted biometrics 7th July hoping to go priority however I think by that time the backlog was well and truly on top of them and it wasn't an option. Unfortunately for those who did manage to pay priority I don't think it's making much of a difference from what I've seen. Both are coming back around the same timeframe and if you are one of the lucky few who get a quick turn around then it's just that... luck.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
Sorry guys, scrap this question. When you go through the process of paying for the return courier, there is a priority option there.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paulakh
my wife's Bio metric done at Chandigarh on 9th march, Recieved case not straight forward email on 3rd June . and awaiting decision since 4th June rang many times ,Status still in awaiting decision. it is been 27 weeks .no progress , my local mp emailed ho and got reply last week to be patient ,we still processing your application ,sorry your application not straight forward , and we cant meet the time scale .I have made complaint to home office yesterday so wait for there reply . My solicitor is useless. I started to think he might messed paperwork up . This is so depressing when you have to wait for no reason been given .can't see any body got visa yet with case not straight forward.
Same here buddy. 36 weeks already passed since I applied.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
I am worried ...why April/May still not processed especially the one received non straightforward email. How many of us end April/ May applucant?
As per my observation from different forums, Applications after March has been processed. The ones who applied before that are all suffering like me. I did in December. Still waiting with head on frustration as well as annoyance towards incompetent and unacceptable system charging highest for providing worst service and spoiling lives. UKVI truly sucks!!!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pabonline
Day 57, priority, no news, will keep you posted...
Pls do. Thank you . I know someone got her visa just a lastweek after 5months of waiting.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Ormy_girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally i got a BIG YES 🎉🎁🎊

Here's my timeline:
STANDARD application from Jakarta, Indonesia
Category A (employment)
19th June - Application online
21st June - Biometric
26th June - Documents sent
27th June - Documents received in Sheffield
28th June - Email confirmation from Sheffield
14th July - Documents returned
25th August (day 48th) - MP involved for escalation

No emails nor calls from HO
13th Sept (day 60th & my birthday) - Called HO and been told decision has been made on 11th Sept (day 58th)

14th Sept - Email from VFS for passport collection
15th Sept - Received passport back with a lovely vignette on it!!

For those who still waiting, i know what a rollercoaster this visa process is, but keep hang in there, keep strong and have a faith! We all getting there!!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

June applicants seem to be getting responses but I'm still waiting. Biometrics done June 14th received non straightforward message sept 3rd. Applied from Canada still waiting!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Ormy_girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
June applicants seem to be getting responses but I'm still waiting. Biometrics done June 14th received non straightforward message sept 3rd. Applied from Canada still waiting!
You have passed your 60th day, have you tried to call HO?
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ormy_girl
You have passed your 60th day, have you tried to call HO?
No I haven't yet as it seems it's useless from everyone else trying might wait another week and contact MP
Old Sep 15th 2017, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Is the online tracker working for applicants outside the UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.