Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Congratulations to the recent applicants that have got their visa granted.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife's Bio metric done at Chandigarh on 9th march, Recieved case not straight forward email on 3rd June . and awaiting decision since 4th June rang many times ,Status still in awaiting decision. it is been 27 weeks .no progress , my local mp emailed ho and got reply last week to be patient ,we still processing your application ,sorry your application not straight forward , and we cant meet the time scale .I have made complaint to home office yesterday so wait for there reply . My solicitor is useless. I started to think he might messed paperwork up . This is so depressing when you have to wait for no reason been given .can't see any body got visa yet with case not straight forward.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulakh
my wife's Bio metric done at Chandigarh on 9th march, Recieved case not straight forward email on 3rd June . and awaiting decision since 4th June rang many times ,Status still in awaiting decision. it is been 27 weeks .no progress , my local mp emailed ho and got reply last week to be patient ,we still processing your application ,sorry your application not straight forward , and we cant meet the time scale .I have made complaint to home office yesterday so wait for there reply . My solicitor is useless. I started to think he might messed paperwork up . This is so depressing when you have to wait for no reason been given .can't see any body got visa yet with case not straight forward.
Have they requested further paperwork from you? If not, then what else could the solicitor do? I'm sure he/she has supplied all the correct documents - with the backlog of applications, they were never going to meet the time-frame. Have you/they tried escalating the case? Maybe it's worth speaking to this "ombudsman services" that a few people have mentioned.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
Really interesting piece of work Garyede & thank you for spending your free time to collate this for all those that have applied for this UK spouse visa and who are enduring these long wait times.
Thanks for your kind words it is nice that someone appreciates what I have done and the figures try to put some skin on the bones of what is happening at the Home Office.

Gary
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ryongsong
I agree. The problem for me is not the length of time it takes, it's the fact we were misled into thinking it would be done in a maximum of 60 days and planned accordingly. We weren't supposed to apply until 12 weeks before our intended date of entry.

If they had just kept in touch, explaining the situation and giving realistic estimates for how long it would take, we could at least make better informed decisions. The complete lack of accountability is amazing.
I would go along with that too! It's bad enough having the long waiting times, but the lack of transparency is the worst bit. You begin to realise that the absence of a coherent process, inconsistency and openness at the HO are the things that gets you down the most. And I know there are things such as patience but it seems sometimes that this charade is like a lottery and those of us who are planners (and I count most people on this forum) have no sense of control of their own destiny. Now that I have depressed everyone even more, ! better stop writing!
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Been monitoring settlement visas from June onwards and it looks as though give or take a day or 2 they are falling back in line with the 60 working day mark. Priority and non priority. So what have they done with the April/May apps.? Have they been exported elsewhere to ease the pressure resulting in a further delay?
Anyone heard what the situation is?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andsa
Been monitoring settlement visas from June onwards and it looks as though give or take a day or 2 they are falling back in line with the 60 working day mark. Priority and non priority. So what have they done with the April/May apps.? Have they been exported elsewhere to ease the pressure resulting in a further delay?
Anyone heard what the situation is?
Its a question which is at the fore front of my mind. I just hope they have not mislaid some applications.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Its a question which is at the fore front of my mind. I just hope they have not mislaid some applications.
I am worried ...why April/May still not processed especially the one received non straightforward email. How many of us end April/ May applucant?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the survey result. Please see the list in the timeline thread.

And here are the stats. Make of them what you can!
The survey was conducted to get an idea of some of the waiting times for applicants applying for the settlement visa to the UK. It is only a small survey of which 35 members of 2 forums supplied their information in a 7 day period. 1 member did not supply their status (priority/non priority). The time lines were based on business days using the day of biometrics as day 1. Of the 34 waiting times 15 were priority, 44% and 19 were non priority, 56%. 24 applicants have been waiting over 60 days, 71% and 10 have been waiting under 60days, 29%. Of the applicants over 60 days 18 were non priority, 53% and 6 were priority 18%. 10 members had timelines of fewer than 60 days, 29%. This comprised of 9 priority, 26% and 1 non-priority, 3%. There are 10 applicants who have been waiting 100 days or more, 29% and consist of 6 non priorities, 18% and 4 priorities, 12%. Worryingly 2 applicants, 6%, both non priorities have been waiting over 120 days which in the Home Office guidelines is the maximum wait.
What does this all mean if these figures are transferred to the 4 thousand applications still outstanding? The figures show that 71% of applicants are still waiting after 60 days. This computes to 2840 people. 53% are non-priority, 2120 people and 18% are priority 720 people. Staggeringly those waiting 100 days or more would equate to 1200 people. Not surprisingly members who have been waiting under 60 days are mainly priority visas which comprise of 1040 people. Finally the 2 members who have been waiting the longest (over 120 days) would equate to 240 applicants
Thanks Garyede, your analysis makes a lot of sense and puts the waiting days a lot more in perspective by giving clearer indication as to the scale of the problem.
Time well spent putting it together & analysing, thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Thanks Garyede, your analysis makes a lot of sense and puts the waiting days a lot more in perspective by giving clearer indication as to the scale of the problem.
Time well spent putting it together & analysing, thanks.
Thanks for your kind words
Gary
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
I am worried ...why April/May still not processed especially the one received non straightforward email. How many of us end April/ May applucant?
Well you could ask the question on this forum
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you could ask the question on this forum
Pls guys how many April/ May applicants still waiting?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
Pls guys how many April/ May applicants still waiting?
My biometrics date 10 May, still outstanding
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Faisal93 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am non priority waiting from May 2 biometrics
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

May 8th non-priority

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.