Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 8th 2017, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by ryongsong
I've seen a couple of people post on the timelines thread that they have had a decision made on their non-priority applications, and in both cases they applied after my wife. Does anyone have any insight into how some get processed faster than others?
My wife biometrics in Bangkok 25 April. Non priority. Now separated from her British son for over 16 weeks.

Depends which pile and how deep the pile of files are, and in which room the files are stacked.... And probably which floor the room is on, and blinds drawn ie open to the early morning sun.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen a couple of people post on the timelines thread that they have had a decision made on their non-priority applications, and in both cases they applied after my wife. Does anyone have any insight into how some get processed faster than others?
Simple! Some <snip> at sheffield has taken the decission that if the application is already over the SLA then it should be put aside!

Then they can catch up on applications that are still within the 60 days and process them creating the illusion that they are sticking to the service agreement!

If they skip a few hundred application and start on later ones then they will be able to process the newer ones within a short time and as the late ones are already late, then basically stuff them!
Late is late and better to have a few hundred complaining than every applicant complaining!

I would say most likely affected application range from January to May 2017 , those made before almost all have been processed and those applications made after are seeing decisions already but those made within these dates have simply been bypassed!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 9th 2017 at 5:36 pm. Reason: Insults removed
Old Sep 9th 2017, 8:00 am
Just Joined

MandyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Simple! Some <<<SNIP>>>at sheffield has taken the decission that if the application is already over the SLA then it should be put aside!

Then they can catch up on applications that are still within the 60 days and process them creating the illusion that they are sticking to the service agreement!

If they skip a few hundred application and start on later ones then they will be able to process the newer ones within a short time and as the late ones are already late, then basically stuff them!
Late is late and better to have a few hundred complaining than every applicant complaining!

I would say most likely affected application range from January to May 2017 , those made before almost all have been processed and those applications made after are seeing decisions already but those made within these dates have simply been bypassed!
I fear this may be true. I am at 86 days now from Havana, Cuba and several calls from my MPs office and nothing is moving. Hurricane Irma is pounding down Cuba right now and no difference or escalation for anything. It has been waiting for ECO review since 11th August and there it stays. I have been asked twice to send a pre paid envelope despite there being one in the original pack. I have every delivery sent signed for and sent proof of such for the second request and magically when the MP called them to discuss the second request - they magically found it................... No status update, numerous phone calls and emails. Even though I have a reference case number on all communication - they still keep asking for my husbands data - again and again. Complete and utter incompetence. It is inhumane and frankly evil . No respect for escalations, SLAs or whatever. Applications for Cuba do not allow a priority service but non-priority seems to be a joke .................

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 9th 2017 at 5:51 pm. Reason: Edit to quote
Old Sep 9th 2017, 8:16 am
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Simple! Some <<<SNIP>>>at sheffield has taken the decission that if the application is already over the SLA then it should be put aside!

I’m glad you spotted this too!!!
On the Bangkok settlement visa timeline we have access to, the pattern is extremely clear, nearly every single visa at 60 days from biometrics give or take a day!!!
Anyone who goes over this time are simply <snip>
Few days over or 50 days over makes no difference on the stats (late is late!!)
Well, the people who applied in mid to late June are sitting pretty now.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 9th 2017 at 5:51 pm. Reason: Please don't swear. Putting a dash in place of one letter doesn't make it ok!
Old Sep 9th 2017, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

I think it is very difficult to make a judgement why some later applications have been processed faster than others although would agree than there does seem a pattern of Jan to May applications being ignored. Home office would argue that these are more complicated (some maybe, all,l cannot agree). It has bothered me for along time that Home Office may have lost my docs as they were never returned and I did wonder wether they had been sent to Manila by mistake. The contact centre said they had been liaising with Manila and I of course had not a clue what they were talking about. Maybe some applications were farmed of back to the embassies to be processed. Would make sense. when i asked them to send my docs back through my MP they seemed annoyed and said they were working on them. Just hope that i am wrong and everything is ok!
Old Sep 9th 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

MandyD is an unknown quantity at this point

I am at 86 working days waiting from Havana Cuba. I have been using MP for last two weeks to chase down. No movement or news and status is ECO is waiting to review. But .............. I have just received all my documents back in the post this morning. They were returned with the 2nd pre-paid envelope I sent them and the package included the 1st pre-paid envelope that was with original package - inept as I predicted. IS THIS A GOOD SIGN???? Does this mean they have finished reviewing the documents?? Please advise
Old Sep 9th 2017, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

i would see this as a good sign, fingers crossed you will hear soon
Gary
Old Sep 9th 2017, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

i have updated the list for the survey, we have 29 now. please have a look at the timeline thread
Old Sep 9th 2017, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
i have updated the list for the survey, we have 29 now. please have a look at the timeline thread
Where's the timeline thread. Thank you
Old Sep 9th 2017, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz.../#post12334654
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IKInd
103 working day today , 21st week, India, non-priority
escalated twice, MP has written letter month ago..nothing so far.
Very frustrating!!!
Hey am on 24 week from infia and no update..
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Balrog
Hi guys

Here is my timeline

Applying from: Chennai, India (priority)
Date of Application: 12 June 2017
Date of Biometrics: 15 June 2017
Supporting documents delivered to Sheffield on: 19 June 2017
Phone call 1: A month after biometrics to see if application was received. We got no email saying they even had our application.
Phone call 2: Two months after, No update available.
July end: MP escalation, MP got back to us saying this office was told there were no issues as yet with my application.
September 4: 3rd Phonecall. Person said application was being processed. No information on whether they had all the supporting documents.
September 7: Email from VFS saying application was received on 9/7/2017. (?????) So we called them to see what the email meant and how was it that I was getting a response that my application was received almost 3 months after I sent it. They guy said he didn't know, but that the visa was STILL BEING PROCESSED.
September 8 (today): I got my passport in the courier with the visa stamp. No decision made email was sent to me.

I got the visa although I was sure the passport would not have the vignette since I got no decision made email. So I am not sure what happened, but I got the visa. Now I have one month to uproot myself and move to Northern Ireland.

This forum has been a blessing. Please take the advice of the moderators and other expert members seriously. I did my application on my own with immense help from this forum. I will continue to advise and post as I think I saved a bundle on legal fees because of the people here. I'd like to pay it forward. Personally, the waiting had me depressed because I had quit my job and I didn't know whether to look for a new one, or where to move. It was a terribly draining process for both my husband and myself. All I can say is hang in there and occupy your time with projects while you wait.

Xx
Hey for us its gona be 24 week. We haven't contacted the mo yet. Do you think we should? I've also heard that when you are too pushy there are chances they may just reject it.

I am feeling so terrible due to this long delay. Hate these peop
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bushy911
Hello All,

Keep the faith. It will happen. Our passports with visas inside accompanied with the correct travel document arrived on week 21. All our supporting documents arrived separately as well.
We were a non priority application. Bios were April 13th.

It will happen. It's a long, painful, stressful and trying time, but it will happen.
All the best to everyone, as the reunion with loved ones is a great feeling!!
Hey congratulations... did you gollow up with them or through your MP?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Country applying from - Nigeria
visa type - Family settlement visa, non priority for my self and my two kids
Biometrics taken 10/2/2017
received by ukvi 20/02/2017
received by Sheffield 20/02/2017
supporting documents submitted by hubby (sponsor) on 5/03/2017
email notification - not a straightforward application and another one its been paused

Last edited by Nneky360; Sep 10th 2017 at 7:21 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Ifyokuma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IKInd
103 working day today , 21st week, India, non-priority
escalated twice, MP has written letter month ago..nothing so far.
Very frustrating!!!
Really fraustuating mine is more than that .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.