Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 18th 2017, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Rez
Hello People,

I got my visa approved!!! Yey!!! Finally!!! I am so so happy!!! They made a decision on my application on the 60th day from the online submission. I received my passport from VFS on the 60th day from the biometrics submission...

I hope you all too will get a good news very soon. We are jumping out of joy, finally we got to be with each other.. Thanks to almighty and god bless you all!

Cheers!!!
Congrats!!! All the best on the next part of your adventure in the UK. 😊
Old Aug 18th 2017, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emm123
Hello guys ,the online tracker showed my hubby's application was decided on the 7th ,we received an email to collect passport today , he collected the passport but there was no decision in it and no letter ,part of the supporting documents that was supposed to be sent to me on my uk address was given to my husband .The passport is blank ,there is no decision on visa or refusal .
There is no letter to say anything.Im lost ,what can we do now .please help .
Sounds like another SNAFU from UKVI. Best bet is to get straight on the phone to them. Ask the operator for a reference number for the call. After you're sorted, submit a complaint and ask for a refund of the call cost. UKVI will refund call costs where the matter relates to something beyond your control (ie their stuff up).

The call centre should then send a message to UKVI Sheffield who should then contact you. Tell them its urgent (eg your expected travel date is coming etc).

Best of luck - really heartbreaking to get that after a long wait.

Matt.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Clive is right – contact your MP. If everyone did the same and stressed the point that their problem with Sheffield isn’t an isolated case, but typical of the service applicants are currently receiving MAYBE something will be done.

In addition, were everyone to use the Home Office complaints procedure to complain about Sheffield’s indifferent attitude, cockup etc maybe, just maybe, things would improve.

If you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct, we encourage you to email us at - [email protected] - as you’re likely to receive a quicker reply.

If you are unable to email, you can also write to us at:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Customer Correspondence Hub
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

I’ve already emailed complaining Sheffield isn’t even bothering to confirm receipt of applications anymore. Sheffield received our documents Friday 11 August, but hasn’t emailed confirming receipt. In contrast, a friend applied for fiancé visa via VFSGlobal (Philippines) last November and got result in 8 days (paid Priority). Under the Sheffield regime can’t even get confirmation docs have arrived within 7 days and will likely wait up to 6 months for the eventual decision!!

The service falls far short of Home Office published Service Standard: -

• our staff will be thorough and polite, and will treat you with dignity
• our information will be in plain language and accurate
• we will provide you with a detailed response to an enquiry

THOROUGH, POLITE, DIGNITY, PLAIN LANGUAGE, ACCURATE, DETAILED RESPONSE - they are having a laugh!!!
Old Aug 18th 2017, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
Clive is right – contact your MP. If everyone did the same and stressed the point that their problem with Sheffield isn’t an isolated case, but typical of the service applicants are currently receiving MAYBE something will be done.

In addition, were everyone to use the Home Office complaints procedure to complain about Sheffield’s indifferent attitude, cockup etc maybe, just maybe, things would improve.

If you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct, we encourage you to email us at - [email protected] - as you’re likely to receive a quicker reply.

If you are unable to email, you can also write to us at:
Complaints Allocation Hub
Customer Correspondence Hub
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

I’ve already emailed complaining Sheffield isn’t even bothering to confirm receipt of applications anymore. Sheffield received our documents Friday 11 August, but hasn’t emailed confirming receipt. In contrast, a friend applied for fiancé visa via VFSGlobal (Philippines) last November and got result in 8 days (paid Priority). Under the Sheffield regime can’t even get confirmation docs have arrived within 7 days and will likely wait up to 6 months for the eventual decision!!

The service falls far short of Home Office published Service Standard: -

• our staff will be thorough and polite, and will treat you with dignity
• our information will be in plain language and accurate
• we will provide you with a detailed response to an enquiry

THOROUGH, POLITE, DIGNITY, PLAIN LANGUAGE, ACCURATE, DETAILED RESPONSE - they are having a laugh!!!
Yes i think i will put a complaint in. I agree the more people who do it then things might improve. At the moment UKVI are getting away with murder. It is a disgrace that you can spend alot of money escalating your case and get no reply after 15 days. I used to be a civil servant and was proud to do the job. But the British Immigration system is an absolute disgrace and is the laughing stock of the world. Maybe the media needs to be more aware of what is happening.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 11:50 am
Just Joined

lesathomp9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Urgh...our decision was made July 11, we have escalated 4 times already and haven't heard back from any of them. Our only hope right now is our MP. I am so discouraged, I'm about ready for my husband to quit his job and move back to Canada. How can they treat people this way? Im thinking we need to go to the media, let all of the UK know what we're going through.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

I complained to Croydon and got back a canned response. Not heard another word since
Old Aug 18th 2017, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Not a word!
Will be 3 weeks on monday since i escalated! 75 working days since applying.
13 months since i have seen my wife and child.
If no response to the escalation by monday i will be calling again even though i know its a complete waist of time and money! If no information is forthcoming then my next move is a judicial review which i will start on 90 working days if no visa by then.

I counted 14 applicants in Bangkok that applied after my wife who have received their visa yet we are still waiting without any contact from the home office.

Sorry to hear this John. What a buggers muddle. I feel ashamed to be British tbh
Old Aug 18th 2017, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

We received our passport yesterday,there is no visa or a refusal letter,there is nothing to show a decision,we are confused now,should we assume a refusal and start a new application?The IHS fee has not been refunded,our application was decided on the 58 th day (non priority)no hold email or case not straightforward,they did not contact us for any information.
Is this usual to receive your passport back with nothing ?all supporting docs received but no decision letter,no vignette.Really frustrating
Old Aug 18th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We received our passport yesterday,there is no visa or a refusal letter,there is nothing to show a decision,we are confused now,should we assume a refusal and start a new application?The IHS fee has not been refunded,our application was decided on the 58 th day (non priority)no hold email or case not straightforward,they did not contact us for any information.
Is this usual to receive your passport back with nothing ?all supporting docs received but no decision letter,no vignette.Really frustrating
Old Aug 18th 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emm123
Based on what I've been reading I don't think this is a refusal I think it's just another of many screw ups. I feel your pain. And there's no help from Sitel, I would recommend going to your MP, he is really our only hope right now too, dealing with the screw up they have made for us. Good Luck!
Old Aug 18th 2017, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Im thinking we need to go to the media, let all of the UK know what we're going through.
Unfortunately, immigration is a contentious subject these days. Therefore the way applicants and sponsors are being treated by Home Office/UKVI is unlikely to get much gain much interest/sympathy from the media, but it will do no harm to try.

No doubt we will get "canned" responses from Croydon, but nonetheless the more complaints the greater chance something will eventually be done. Remain silent and NOTHING will happen.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

lala2 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys hows everyone im new here i just wanna put what happened in my spouse visa if anyone have had such similar case please i would be thankful to hear it☺. i applied from lebanon as at end of.I was prepared well as to submit my papers so they send to amman when they suddenly told me theres new process took place in few days which is scan. recieved email same day that they r going to send them ukvi and after 2 days another email stating the ukvi got the application and is put in accordance for progress.<br>
after waiting like 50 working days. i got a call from the ukvi amman stating that thr application is complicated and they really wanna know the vac i applied my documents in and mentioned that they not accepting settlement visas there anymore.they all going sheffield...but said that its their fault not mine cz they didnt announce any custumers about this decision as she did ask for a copy of all documents and want them as fast as i can. knowing that ukvi amman ( settlement visas ) before scan decision,they used to take documents as they r ( original ) with out any scan. and now im in day 57 .havent recieved any email after their call im scared the time it might take and if get refused what do u think guys . im really frustrating here
thanks for helping me
Old Aug 18th 2017, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
Unfortunately, immigration is a contentious subject these days. Therefore the way applicants and sponsors are being treated by Home Office/UKVI is unlikely to get much gain much interest/sympathy from the media, but it will do no harm to try.

No doubt we will get "canned" responses from Croydon, but nonetheless the more complaints the greater chance something will eventually be done. Remain silent and NOTHING will happen.
Agreed, apologies for my bluntness.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Just got the email from Sheffield that a decision has been made on our visas and they are on their way. At the exact same time got an email from the courier service that we have a package on the way. Now we just cross our fingers that it has been approved and that our travel dates have not already expired!
Old Aug 18th 2017, 4:06 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bushy911
Congrats!!! All the best on the next part of your adventure in the UK. 😊
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.